KEANU GOES INTERNATIONAL
Everywhere you look on a map, it seems Keanu Reeves has some connection to the region.
1) Essex, England -The birthplace of Keanu's mother, Patricia. She ran away from home when she was only 15 yrs old to forge a new life.
2) China - Keanu's father's ancestry is Chinese and Hawaiian.
3) Beirut, Lebanon - Keanu Charles Reeves' birthplace. September 2, 1964. The information about his father, Samuel Nowlin Reeves, is sketchy, mostly since Keanu doesn't like to talk about him to the press. His father, who is a geologist, apperently took the family to Lebanon because of his work. Keanu's parents didn't always have it easy over there. His mother often wore jeans, cowboy boots, and a mink coat in Lebanon; many Arab cultures believe women should wear robes and veils to cover their faces. Patricia's garb was anything but traditional, which might explain why on numerous occasions people threw rocks at Keanu's family.
4) Hawaii - the origin of the name Keanu, which is Hawaiian for 'cool breeze over the mountains'. It's also the state where Keanu's father is currently in prison for cocaine possession.
5) Australia - The country in which Keanu spent the first year of his life.
6) New York, NY - They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. Keanu went from Down Under to the city of Manhattan, where he lived until he was about seven. These days, Keanu has an apartment in the Big Apple.
7) Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Keanu grew up here and is still a Canadian citizen. He lived with his mother and sisters Kim, now in her mid-20s, and Karina, who's 19. His father hung around for awhile, but eventually left the family.
8) North America, Pacific Ocean - Like his spirited mother had years before, Keanu dropped out of high school in 1986, when he took to the road in his 1969 volvo and pointed his wheels toward Hollywood.
9) New Mexico - In 1989, Keanu and a friend took a 10 day road trip to New Mexico, where he felt very liberated . He has reportedly said that the desert is where he feels the most calm.
10) Paris, France - Keanu took a brief vacation here after filming Bram Stoker's Dracula. He says he and friends spent their time in cafes, talking and hanging out.
11) Los Angeles - Besides having a place in NYC, Keanu lives here as well. Hey, after all the travelling he's done, who can blame him for having more than one place to call home??