10 Reasons Keanu Reeves Should Cheer Up. Plus, Keanu Bingo!
by Emily Rosenbaum
Cheer up Keanu, everybody!
A recent photo of Keanu Reeves sitting on a park bench in New York, looking dejected and morosely eating what appears to be a sandwich has kicked off a Web frenzy.
The shot of him looking sad, or perhaps merely pensive, has spawned Cheer Up Keanu Reeves Day, which was Tuesday. The paparazzo shot has spread everywhere online, resulted in several Facebook pages and led to more than 200,000 comments on the website reddit.com . Web illustrators Photoshopped the "Matrix" star into other gloomy settings: next to Forrest Gump, in a Kim Jong-Il family portrait, looking like a sad, crazy cat lady, on the "Lost" island, even next to Stalin and Churchill.
Keanu will always have a special place in my heart because of his marvelously blissed-out role in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," so I am doing my part to boost his spirits. Here are some reasons to feel most excellent, dude.
1. You did not cause the oil spill.
2. You are not dating a hot mess like Lindsay Lohan or Tila Tequila.
3. You are tall and still quite handsome.
4. You could host "SNL" in the wake of all this attention.
5. You are not best friends with Kate Gosselin and, therefore, are not called upon to kaffeeklatch with her.
6. You still have a great hairline.
7. You do not feel the need to engage in a same-sex kiss on TV for attention.
8. You are not one of the "Real Housewives" of anywhere.
9. You had really amazing arms in "Speed."
10. You chose not to be in "Speed 2," which was an awful movie.
Plus, let's play some "Cheer Up, Keanu Day Bingo!"