WHO R U??
TheWyleyOne
2008-09-24 21:48:59

Forum Posts: 115
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
And why??

Hello my fellow-fishians

A long time ago, on a Keanu board far, far away, when things were still relatively sane (over at imdb), Anakin asked me about my ID. It was interesting to be asked, as I was often curious about other's IDs too.

Anyhoo, just wondering if and how your ID (here or elsewhere) pays tribute to our favourite guy.

My name - The Wyley One - is a play on words in honour of two (of many) of my favourite Keanu characters: Alex Wyler and Neo but also because I think Keanu can be quite "wily" when he needs to and I find it inspiring when responding to idiot-fishes and trolls.

How about you? Anyone like to share??

PS: on Keanu-web I was KRjunky because I couldn't think of anything clever when I registered. It relates to my interest in Keanu but is also part of an email addy I use online.

TWO
Anakin McFly
2008-09-24 22:01:46

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
My ID does not pay tribute to Keanu in any way whatsoever.

(At one point, it would have - one of my original screenname choices was "Anakin Neo McFly, the Deranged Muggle Oboist of Rivendell", but it felt like overkill so I cut it down to just Anakin McFly, and then it kind of stuck. )
LucaM
2008-09-25 00:23:24

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Wyley !!! I knew your writing style 'read' familiar ... now I know where from

my ID is...actually my name...

little did I know in 2006, when I registered on Kweb, that I will be posting quite a lot...
then it was too late to change the ID. and I kept it also for other forums. it simplifies life... sort of.

Personality_Disorder2008-09-25 01:16:00

Forum Posts: 52
My ID? It was made on impulse. Because of the stunningly large ratio of insanity in the Keanu fandom.

My ID on most sites is usually the first part of my email address, but on IMDB I deleted that account quite a while ago, and when I re-registered I decided I didn't want it to be my email.
LuxuriantN
2008-09-25 10:56:32

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Mine was from a gay friend. I am mixed race and he used to tell me I was a Luxuriant Negress!
keanugirl762008-09-25 14:50:18

Forum Posts: 268
Do I need to explain my nick????...
TheWyleyOne
2008-09-25 16:12:41

one of my original screenname choices was "Anakin Neo McFly, the Deranged Muggle Oboist of Rivendell",
Aahahahhaa!! That's just brilliant!! A moment's silence for the overkill of ANMtDMOoR.

Sephonae
2008-09-28 11:38:12

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
"Sephonae" comes from "Persephone," whose kidnap at the hands of her uncle Hades (in Greek mythos) has always intrigued me. So, initially I'd say no connection to Keanu, although of course, there was a Persephone in the Matrix.
lefty102008-10-03 11:11:42

Forum Posts: 13
hi, I am the same lefty10 in IMDB. I never checked my PM and didn't find out about this forum until today. I am excited to be here because the trolls in IMDB are unbelievable. I am Chinese and can only write short and simple English. I have been a long-term Keanu fan since I was in high school. My ID doesn't mean anything. It was just something random coming into my mind when registering.
LeishaCamden2008-10-03 16:10:00

Forum Posts: 35
lefty10, I think your English is really good. Cool to have a Chinese person here. Diversity is vital to any discussion.

My name comes from a science fiction novel, Beggars In Spain by the American author Nancy Kress. Leisha Camden is the main character ... she is born in 2008 and is pretty special; she is the 21st human being to be born genetically altered to have lost the need for sleep. I use the name online partly because I love the book, partly because I've never come across anyone else using it, and partly because the 'real' Leisha is a wonderful person with many excellent qualities that I would wish I had.
Anakin McFly
2008-10-03 16:23:37

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

Cool to have a Chinese person here.
I'm a Chinese person too.

...Not from China though.
LeishaCamden2008-10-03 16:44:54

Forum Posts: 35
Oops, that's right, Anakin, sorry! It's because I think of you more as a citizen of teh intarwebs ... !!
TheWyleyOne
2008-10-05 19:50:59

Hey Lefty! Nice to see you here too, welcome to the sane side of Keanu-fandom

Leisha, that books sounds great, I might have to add it to my must-read-this-lifetime list!

TWO
Lanathegreat88
2008-10-08 18:06:22

Forum Posts: 10
My name lanathegreat88 just came from using Lana which I am sometimes called because it's short for Alana which is my birthname (duh! lol). "Thegreat" part I just made on impulse and "88" is from being an auto-racing fan. #8 which was Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car number and #88 which was Dale Jarrett's car number but now Dale Jr.'s car number is 88 so it has all worked out lol.
agg2008-10-16 08:03:06

Forum Posts: 3
Hello, I am new

My nick is just the initial from my name. Not very imaginative
Fiercelyred2008-10-23 03:31:04

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Umm, I just really like the colour red. And all shades of red were taken when I registered at Imdb, so for some reason I went with "fiercely" in front of it.
lily1101
2008-10-25 07:58:17

Forum Posts: 51
Comments: 3
Mine is from a former patient. I am an RN, and an older gentleman said I looked like Wendy (from Peter Pan). He also said I could manage to fight Pirates (referring to his doctors).
Enough said.

Arrrr!

Hugz,

Wendy
SusiD
2008-11-02 01:05:46

Forum Posts: 14
I've been known as SusiD on all my accounts. There hasn't been a reason yet for me to hide behind a different name, so I thought I'd stick to that on here as well. Seeing other user names I do sometimes envy something a little more original than a short form of my name - but - as Luca said - it makes things easier.

Anyone for some Fish 'n' Chips?
Spirit
2014-09-24 20:58

Forum Posts: 155
My name on here is because I was reeeaaaally wishing at the time that the local halloween store was open, thus giving me Spirit, and Haze. . . Well, it was foggy. :|

My ff.n name is just a combo of Matrix and Back to the Future (originally was for Hunger Games, but I ended up changing it.)

Elsewhere it's Fictoria, a combo of Victoria, which was almost my name, and fiction, for rather obvious reasons.

So no K references really. Wasn't thinking of it at the time(s).

allhailkingjack
2014-09-24 21:07

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14
Mine originally paid homage to the late great Jack Bristow of Alias, but I realized it worked just as well for Jack Traven, who I believe continues to be underrated in the pantheon of cinema action heroes. This is the first place I've ever Keanu-stalked, so y'all wouldn't know me from anywhere else.

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.