1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Henry's Crime debuting at TIFF
LucaM
2010-08-28 00:06

Forum Posts: 4841
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Yeah, I get what you're saying.
I can't watch the trailer on the TIFF page either ; I think it's available only to users with NA IP or something like that :(

the playlist blog says the clip is a 'first look clip' so... in the wise ( ??) words of Pippa Lee, let's see what happens next ;)

inkhuldra
2010-08-28 00:59

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Do you think this might be an actual official Facebook page for HC? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=201095422493&ref=search#!/group.php?gid=201095422493 It looks rather unfinished, but I found a link to it at http://tofilmfest.ca/films/?by=Film&at=Henry-s_Crime&yr=2010#Henry-s_Crime.
LucaM
2010-08-28 01:01

well, I sent a request for membership.
will let you know if or when Henry writes back ;) :D
LucaM
2010-08-28 01:51

someone already made screencaps.
gotta love the internet XD
http://keanuconnection.com/watch-clip-of-keanu-reeves-james-caan-in-malcolm-venvilles-henrys-crime/
nafsunaek
2010-08-28 08:49

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
A friend has just sent me this. It's about 2 minutes long. I don't think it's a trailer, but, anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFX8Xi_voqM

Edit:
Woops! I think it is the same you've been discussing... Sorry!

LucaM
2010-08-28 22:08

... been thinking about the clip ever since ( yeah, I know ;) ) and today while trying to describe it to a friend it hit me : they might have chosen this scene for the 'first look' because it explains one of the meanings of the movie's title. "I've done the time, might as well do the crime". What Henry thinks his dream is. Of course, it only makes sense in the bigger picture, but still it does give an idea about the movie's plot.

as for the Neo vibes..., yeah, they're there alright. Henry's the usual Reeves character that starts at odds with himself and then finds redemption. Only that this time he finds his true voice through acting; through theater. I think that's an interesting twist and can't wait to see how it's played ...

okay. this is the moment when someone says 'relax, it's only a movie ...' ;)

Anakin McFly
2010-08-28 23:18

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Relax, it's only a m-

*trips over Connie's cat*

LucaM
2010-08-28 23:31

*pets cat*
... right ;)

inkhuldra
2010-08-31 21:54

The U.S. premiere of HC will take place at the Woodstock Film Festival, running September 29 to October 3: http://kea.nu/3h5

Especially loving this: "[...]Reeves set to receive an excellence in acting award [...]"

Yes. Life is good.

Anakin McFly
2010-08-31 22:28

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I think this confirms that we've somehow entered an alternate universe.
inkhuldra
2010-08-31 22:41

Yes, I agree. This, plus the alternative universe fish, and not to mention the Cheer Up Keanu meme and Reddit's unending love - and I believe I just saw a pink-striped cow fly by my window. Yup. Either there's something in the water, or we've been teleported to a parallel universe.
LucaM
2010-09-01 00:04

well, in my alternate universe I can't register on the variety site. my IP is not accepted or something.
could one of you gentle souls post the article here?
billion thanks in advance :)
nafsunaek
2010-09-01 01:28

Here you are!

'Crime,' 'Stone' among Woodstock picks Film festival sets 2010 slate
By GORDON COX

The U.S. preem of "Henry's Crime," toplining Keanu Reeves, and the New York bow of Robert De Niro-Edward Norton starrer "Stone" are among offerings at the 11th Woodstock Film Festival, running Sept. 29 to Oct. 3.

"Crime," helmer Malcolm Venville's comedy about a man who plots to rob a bank after serving a jail stint for a crime he didn't commit, is one of the fest's Spotlight films, with Reeves set to receive an excellence in acting award at a gala that also will honor previously announced recipients Bob Berney and Bruce Beresford.

John Curran's "Stone," about the dangerous relationship between a corrections officer and an inmate, will close the fest. Like "Crime," "Stone" will have its world preem at Toronto before Woodstock.

Also on tap for the fest is the North American bow of Baltasar Kormakur's "Inhale," a Spotlight pic starring Dermot Mulroney and Diane Kruger, and the East Coast preem of Centerpiece film (and Sundance alum) "Welcome to the Rileys," directed by Jake Scott.

The fest's Focus on Music lineup includes the world preems of docus "Ray Charles America" and "Phil Ochs: There But for Fortune."

Lined up for Exposure, slate that focuses on social respon sibility , are films including Alex Gibney's "Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer" and director Carol Dysinger's "Camp Victory, Afghanistan."

Docs "Lennon NYC," from helmer Michael Epstein, and Anthony Waller's "The Singularity is Near" are skedded for special screenings, with "Don't Go Into the Woods" (helmed by Vincent D'Onofrio) and Joe Maggio's "Bitter Feast" lined up for a horror-themed double feature.

The festival takes place in Woodstock, N.Y., as well as in neighboring Rhinebeck, Rosendale, Mt. Tremper and Kingston.

Opening night film has yet to be announced.

LucaM
2010-09-01 01:34

thank you ! you just made a collector happy :D

" Reeves set to receive an excellence in acting award"
Yup. Life is good indeed. :D

nafsunaek
2010-09-01 05:50

It is :)
inkhuldra
2010-09-01 07:25

And here's a little snippet about why Keanu's getting the honorary award at WFF:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100831/ENTERTAIN0301/100839949

nafsunaek
2010-09-01 07:46

Little it may be, but it's made my day!!
inkhuldra
2010-09-01 08:41

And a little more to brighten our day (or, in my case: night):

http://kea.nu/3hb

nafsunaek
2010-09-02 03:06

Can't see this one - the page won't load!

Aaarrgghh!!!

LucaM
2010-09-02 03:18

Keanu Reeves, Danny Glover set for 2010 Woodstock Film Festival

John W. Barry • August 31, 2010

Actors Keanu Reeves, Danny Glover, Edie Falco and Ed Burns will attend the 11th Woodstock Film Festival, which runs Sept. 29-Oct. 3 and will screen movies featuring John Lennon, Robert De Niro, a circus elephant, war and politics.

Film festival organizers released the 2010 lineup today.

“It took a lot of time and a lot of work to put the program together,” Woodstock Film Festival Executive Director Meira Blaustein said. “We had a very high number of excellent film submissions and it was hard to make many difficult decisions. Ultimately, what we have here is a very diverse lineup of really strong, interesting and outstanding films.”

The festival attracts thousands to Woodstock for five days of screenings, panel discussions, concerts and parties. Events are also held in Rhinebeck, Rosendale, Kingston and, this year, Mount Tremper.

The film festival box office, at 13 Rock City Road, Woodstock, will open Friday. Tickets can also be purchased at www.woodstockfilmfestival.com.

Two political films featured this year are “Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer,” a documentary about the former New York governor’s prostitution scandal; and “Gerrymandering,” about the manner in which politicians save their careers and oust others through the drawing of legislative districts.

The closing night film is “Stone,” starring Robert De Niro and Edward Norton. The festival’s “centerpiece” film is “Welcome to the Rileys,” starring James Gandolfini and Ulster County resident Melissa Leo.

“Lennon NYC” is a documentary that focuses on the late Beatle in his adopted city. And “Camp Victory, Afghanistan” looks at U.S. and Afghan military training.

Reeves will receive the festival’s first Honorary Excellence in Acting Award, and appear at a question-and-answer session following the new film, “Henry’s Crime.” Reeves stars in the film, which he also co-produced.

Reeves is receiving the acting award because of his committment to independent cinema and his versatility as an actor, Blaustein said. He appeared in “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee,” which was screened at last year’s Woodstock Film Festival.

Ulster County resident Vera Farmiga and James Caan are also in “Henry’s Crime,” and Farmiga will attend the question-and-answer session.

Glover will attend the question-and-answer session following the screening of “The Disappearance of McKinley Nolan,” for which he served as executive producer.

Burns will participate in a question-and-answer session following the screening of “Nice Guy Johnny,” a film in which he appears, and which he wrote, directed and produced. Burns will also take part in the New Distribution Paradigms panel discussion.

Actress Edie Falco, a recent Emmy winner for her performance on “Nurse Jackie,” will participate in the Actor’s Dialogue panel discussion.

The festival’s annual “Focus On Music” series will include world premiere documentaries on soul Advertisement singer and American legend Ray Charles and folk singer Phil Ochs; and the U.S. premiere of a documentary on eastern Kentucky banjo player, coal miner and construction worker Roscoe Holcomb,
directed by John Cohen, of New Lost City Rambler fame.

Concerts, a staple of past Woodstock Film Festivals, will include performances by Cohen, and Sussan Deyhim, a composer and performance artist who combines her voice with “technical wizardry.”

Justin Sane, the lead singer of Anti-Flag, will perform in conjunction with the screening of “Sounds Like a Revolution,” a movie about “the new wave of protest music sweeping America.” This film features interviews with David Crosby, Dutchess County resident Pete Seeger, Ani DiFranco, Sane and Henry Rollins.

“Don’t Quit Your Daydream” features a band, The Good Listeners, “as they embark on a last ditch, cross country, album-recording extravaganza to save their musical identity and hopefully their careers.”

Adrian Grenier of “Entourage” fame produced the film and will perform at the Bearsville Theater with The Good Listeners after it is screened on Sept. 30.

Other offerings include:

• “SoLa: Louisiana Water Stories,” is directed by author and environmentalist Jon Bowermaster, who,according to the Woodstock Film Festival, “arrived in Louisiana in July 2008 to make a film about the relationship between man and water,” but “never expected that the reportage would end with … the BP
oil spill polluting the Gulf of Mexico.”
• “One Lucky Elephant,” which takes “a unique look at the life of wild animals in captivity … focuses on Flora the beloved circus elephant” and “explores the consequences of taking wild animals away from their natural habitats.”

1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.