WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: I didn't know where to put this so it's here

1 [2] 3

I didn't know where to put this so it's here
LucaM
2010-10-22 17:14

Forum Posts: 4841
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Tangerine - same here. I 'noticed' Keanu when watching Revolutions for the first time. The rest is history ;) :D
side note : I think I'm the only person in the world who watched the Matrix not backwards, but in the order : Revolutions - the first movie - Reloaded. Then I rewatched them again in the 'proper' order. Then again. Then again. Then I lost count. It was the year 2004. It's 2010 and I'm still having Matrix viewing marathons every now and then...

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship . or several friendships. became a Keanu fan, a movie buff, started reading Joseph Campbell and anything mythology and history of religions related I could get my hands on. The journey continues. Don't know where it's leading me...

do you see a pattern here ? :D

AdriannaM.
2010-10-23 00:33

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
You learned Sanskrit, Tan? That's inspiring, I'm impressed, how did you do that? I know what you mean, the Matrix really forces you to ponder many esoteric things, it is fascinating and I really need to watch the whole trilogy, plus the anamatrix over again. (It's hard because my bf limits my Keanu immersion) He's not jealous, he's just concerned, and he wants me to see that there are other actors and movies out there :D. Failing that, perhaps you could explain it to me in greater detail. I eventually want to read those books they gave Keanu to prepare for the role.

It's true that we attribute a great deal of passion, enthrallment, familiarity and truth to Keanu's art. He doesn't do vapid crap (well mostly), and he exhausts himself to make make it real and meaningful for us. I have some deeply personal stories about seeing his movies and in a way they seem to take on a life of their own sometimes, even though they are fiction and meant for regalement.

I have felt much the same way about Constantine because I struggled through a brutal childhood feeling like a psycho, schizo lunatic because of the things I saw sometimes. I saw Constantine, and I don't know it was like something just clicked and I stopped feeling crazy and ashamed and just embraced the strangeness. Now I do whatever I have to do, paint, write, read, dabble, to deal with who I am and what I've felt, known and seen. I no longer feel the need to roll over, take meds, lock myself in a padded room and give up just because I think differently from most of my peers. I learned that you can fight your demons and look awesome doing it ;) and that is why I told Keanu "Thank you for Constantine". He will never know how much more he is to me than just a gorgeous actor.

LucaM
2010-10-23 00:48

Adrianna- one of the books is here
http://www.kk.org/outofcontrol/
you can read it online.

We stumble upon the right things at the right time. or when we're ready ;)
I guess...

AdriannaM.
2010-10-23 01:02

Thanks Luca :)

Yes, I really think so. Everything happens for a reason. In this human family, the lowliest, most down and out person on resides at the bottom but is intrinsically connected to the most exalted, sovereign king.

TheTangerine
2010-10-23 04:20

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
@Adrianna- The lyrics from Neodammerung are in Sanskrit.
[ur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3KGHlCD1g[/url]

At first it's pretty hard to tell the words apart, especially in the second verse when the rhythm gets all out of wack. But I kind of just read the Sanskrit, and the translations, over and over and eventually figured out the meaning of every individual word and worked out something about how the grammar works. Armed with the few things I knew from Neodammerung and started reading the Upanishads (which is where the Neodammerung lyrics are from). Eventually I decided to start from the beginning with Learning Sanskrit books and learned stuff online. So I can read pretty well but not much of a good speaker. :)
I like languages. Like, I like them a lot. I speak English, Chinese, French and a little Sanskrit. I really want to learn Latin but don't know if I'll have the time.
Same thing with psychology and philosophy. The Matrix led me to everything.
I'll have to thank the Matrix, indirectly, for my Latin student wannabeness. I watched an "interactive red pill blue pill" video on youtube and it talked about the Illuminati if you clicked on the red pill, which led me to a bunch of conspiracy theories and a love of Latin. Heh heh.

random: we had an internet safety project in health class and I used a few of you guys for the lolz (Anakin, LucaM, AdriannaM and Shadowspark. And me. Oh, and inkhuldra too. XD

LucaM
2010-10-23 04:35

XD
and what did I say or do ? :D

TheTangerine
2010-10-23 04:47

Uh, I invented a user called Tom_S who kept spamming whoaisnotme and asked for addresses and pics and eventually Ani kicked him off the site.

Anyway, you blocked Ton_S on email and stopped replying to him on the forums. XD

LucaM
2010-10-23 05:15

actually, I would do that... :)
glad WINM is spam and troll-free, though.
TheTangerine
2010-10-23 05:37

Yeah, you were a role model for cyber safety. Ahahaha.

Whenever asked to post a pic/tell an address Spark said "......."

AdriannaM.
2010-10-23 06:15

lol, what did I do?
inkhuldra
2010-10-23 14:15

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
OK, I too need to know what I did. :-)
TheTangerine
2010-10-24 00:42

Uh, Adrianna didn't have much in the script, I just put her in for the lolz. You didn't really take part in kicking Tom_S off... :) I guess you welcomed Tom_S on the introductions area...
ink, you were the first one to notify Ani that Tom_S is a bit of a creep (through email).
LucaM: you were like, "getting tired of the fish?" and Tom_C: "Wait...fish?" and Anakin gave a brief explanation.
The script ends with LucaM proposing tea. :)

Tom_S: I have a few Keanu autographed T-shirts, any collectors? Just give me an address and tel #.
I think it was ink or Luca who asked if Tom meant through a site like amazon or ebay, and Tom just wanted the address. So people stopped replying to his topics. Then he asked for my pic because he couldn't find it on facebook. TheTangerine: ..... :/

I think Adrianna almost fell for it. I forgot if I wrote that or not. :)

LucaM
2010-10-24 00:50

I'm honored ;) :D
ShadowSpark
2010-10-24 09:32

Forum Posts: 541
Reviews: 0
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaahhhh..... *falls over* I would probably do exactly that. You should post the whole project. Show us what we all did. I'm honored as well.
TheTangerine
2010-10-24 11:33

If I can find it, I will. :)
TheTangerine
2010-10-24 12:04

found it and typed it up:

Characters:
Anakin McFly (admin of whoaisnotme.net, a website with forums)
Tom_S (internet stalker)
LucaM
Inkhuldra
TheTangerine
ShadowSpark
AdriannaM
------

----ON THE FORUMS OF WHOAISNOTME.NET----
Tom_S: Um… hi!
TheTangerine: Hi! Nice to meet ya! *extends hand*
Inkhuldra: Hey Tom, welcome to whoaisnotme! :)
ShadowSpark: Hi and welcome!
Tom_S: Hi Inkhuldra, TheTangerine and ShadowSpark
ShadowSpark: It’s just Spark. ShadowSpark’s only for formal stuff.
LucaM: welcome aboard Tom. getting tired of the fish? ;)
Tom_S: fish?
Anakin McFly: Hi Tom_S. We refer to critics of Keanu as fish. We don’t quite know why.

--- THE NEXT DAY, ON A WHOAISNOTME FORUM----
Tom_S: I have a few Keanu autographed T-shirts, any collectors? Just give me an address and tel #.
AdriannaM: Oooh, I'll take them. What's your price?
Tom_S: No price, not even shipping charge. I’ll just mail them over.
LucaM: On Amazon or something?
Tom_S : just email me tel # and address. tomsmith@yahoo.com (author’s note: not real email)
ShadowSpark: .........
--- LATER ON ANOTHER FORUM POST----
Tom_S: Hey guys, I’ve got a few magazines with Keanu on the cover. Address?
[no replies]

----ON EMAIL----
Tomsmith: hi LucaM
LucaM: um. may I ask how you got my email?
Tomsmith: facebook. I saw your pic. (author’s note: I don’t know if LucaM has a pic on facebook.) LMIRL.
LucaM: No thanks.
Tomsmith: you would change your mind if you saw me!
[LucaM has blocked Tomsmith]

----ON WHOAISNOTME----
Tom_S: Hey guys, let’s all post pics of us in real life. XD
ShadowSpark: ..........
TheTangerine: :/
Tom_S: Cmon Spark, I’m sure you’re very beautiful in real life. Don’t be shy!
ShadowSpark: .........................................
----ON GMAIL CHAT----
tomsmith1: Hi tangerine
bobtheclarinet: uh, tom_s?
Tomsmith1: yeah it’s me.
tomsmith1: hey post a pic. You don’t have a profile pic on facebook.
bobtheclarinet: [uploads pic of her clarinet]
tomsmith1: srsly!
[TheTangerine deletes the bobtheclarinet gmail account and switches over to one of seven other addresses.]

---ON EMAIL----
Inkhuldra: Hey Anakin, isn’t the new tom guy a little creepy?
Anakin: I agree.
TheTangerine: Why hesitate? GET HIM OFF.
LucaM: Yeah Ani, kick’m off the site. Whoaisnotme should be spam/creep-free.
Anakin: Done. I’ll erase his forum posts too :/

----THE NEXT DAY, ON THE WHOAISNOTME FORUMS----
LucaM: tea anyone? :)

TheTangerine
2010-10-24 12:24

oops left out a section:

between the gmail chat part and the email part:

----ON THE WHOAISNOTME FORUMS----
TheTangerine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2c32SvJf54 (<-- author's note: link was filled in later. Before it was just a description of a youtube vid a link was supposed to lead to, since I don't memorize links)
LucaM: lol
ShadowSpark: ...
Tom_S: haha, funny! Do you have a channel with any contact info?
[no replies]

LucaM
2010-10-24 16:21

hey, that's good writing ! you caught our online personalities quite well :D
AdriannaM.
2010-10-25 06:55

>:( like I'd really fall for that.
TheTangerine
2010-10-25 08:58

Hey, I had to have someone to be the person who almost falls for it. (It's required for the project.) Since I didn't have you play a major role in anything else you got the honors.

Sorry. :)

But then again, you, like LucaM, assumed it was through Amazon or some other site. So not really, you didn't exactly fall for it. And it's not as if a bunch of other people pass Keanu stuff around on here. :) So rest assured, you are not stupid.

@whoever came up with the fish idea: my health teacher thought it was really funny.

1 [2] 3

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.