WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Keanu Reeves Starring in 'Knock Knock' Thriller for Eli Roth

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Keanu Reeves Starring in 'Knock Knock' Thriller for Eli Roth
axie
2014-04-19 00:03

Forum Posts: 345
Comments: 10
Reviews: 0
Oh and the latex fetish link as stated, has no nudity so while bizarre, it is safe to view. It isn't my cup of tea, it was an example of a latex-fetish that is non-vanilla. Look, or don't. It's all good, either way.
MmeRenard
2014-04-19 00:25

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Wow. I am neither "lying about" nor "hiding" my true age. I am choosing not to give it here on the internet among people that I do not know personally and likely will never meet. If Keanu wants to know my age, I am happy to tell him and would cheerfully let him see my birth certificate - not that that is relevant to anything whatsoever.

Again, I am not looking at the latex pictures because I choose not to. I will continue to not look at them, however many times they are mentioned.

I wrote a while back "I also am not sure where people are getting the idea that this won't be a horror film" and said at that time that I did not trust Roth when me said that. The responses to that comment properly quoted Roth's apparent insistence that it's something else, although it's entirely possible that he was misquoted:
"Just so we are all clear Eli said from the first article that this movie would not be horror. And also horror does not mean slasher."
"From the director of the film, via Deadline:
...] and I wanted to make a movie like Roman Polanski or Paul Verhoeven made when they were young, a classic psychosexual thriller that's not a horror movie, but would have everyone on the edge of their seats. Getting Keanu is amazing, he's a fine actor who is perfect for this."

And so, I continue to distrust Roth, to have no interest in seeing Hostel or Green Inferno, and still trust Keanu's choices and judgement. Latex or no latex, I think he's a good guy and I will not be talked out of that. Yes yes, I know, no one is "trying" to talk me out of it. Awesome.

axie
2014-04-19 01:16

o.0

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Some music to lighten the mood.

http://youtu.be/eqwLMfgwwrY

ARYA
2014-04-19 01:18

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Can we not get all defensive here. Remember, fun?
LucaM
2014-04-19 01:36

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

I recall "how can you say that it's a horror movie?" when I said I'd seen that that was at least possible.

And I recall posts at 2014-04-10 20:15 and 2014-04-10 21:26. Frankly, don't remember ever typing the line in "..." above.
So which tone is being misinterpreted here?

becauseichooseto22
2014-04-19 03:13

Forum Posts: 132
Comments: 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBWUZfgRiw ;) :D
Bliss
2014-04-19 04:08

Forum Posts: 146
Comments: 7
Latex is awesome sauce for your sexuality ....I must try it!!!! Hot hot HOT!!
Bliss
2014-04-19 04:14

Speaking of awesome sauce, Keanu looked pretty good in that short video ( blue shirt ) I

Honestly, I know little about Knock Knock but I am saying HELLO! Lol. It's just a movie and made for entertainment so, if there's not a symbolic meaning behind it, I won't be crushed.

Particle
2014-04-19 11:09

Forum Posts: 7
Comments: 1

Well how old is everyone?

I'm 29. Soon 30 ;)

Latex-bunny is so funny, thanks for this Lucam.

Dz0
2014-04-19 14:25

Forum Posts: 52
Comments: 2

I'm 39 about to turn 40

I think that the latex bunny is really funny too.

BTW I can't wait to see how this movie turns out. I think we all should trust Keanu's choice of films that he will be doing. I know he will be a good one in the end. This movie is very interesting indeed. All I care about is that Keanu is still doing what he loves to do, and he should follow his heart. I love that he is willing to take a risk with this movie. He is truly a great actor. I trust that he'll be great in this!

Bliss
2014-04-19 20:37

40 will face 41 this summer. *=0(
axie
2014-04-19 20:55

Oh Bliss over 40 hasn't been so bad...I freaked when I turned 40, about to turn 43 in May.
Freya
2014-04-19 21:54

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
when talking about age Keanu will be 50 soon
Bliss
2014-04-19 22:56

Yeah, I guess age shouldn't be that big of a deal. I just liked being young, it just fits and I don't feel like I am getting older. Well, until I look in the mirror and see crazy clown face! Lol
Anakin McFly
2014-04-20 23:04

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I'm with MmeRenard here. I'm 24 and completely unwilling to see whatever is behind those links right now when I'm about to go to bed. >_> Maybe tomorrow. maybe.

But based on the comments here so far, I guess I'm just going to have to resign myself to how all my favourite actors are going to, at one point or other, act in things with disturbing sexual content that make me want to stay far, far away out of fear of a panic attack.

although given that I run this fansite, it might be hard this time. :/ well. time to face my fears, maybe. slowly. I need to stop being traumatised by weird sex stuff, and this might be the avenue to do it; because I trust Keanu, even when he's giving his dark side a hug:

"I hug my dark side. I give it affection. I try to keep it quiet."
http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/2013_0709_kea.htm

...this isn't really keeping it quiet, keanu.

But it had to get out at some point or another, so in that way I'm glad for him - acting can be cathartic - plus I now have more stuff to talk to my counselor about.

Bliss
2014-04-21 01:04

I don't understand? Latex and being a bit kinky isn't anything to be afraid of.

@Anakin

When Keanu said he hugs his dark side and gives it affection.... I took it as loving the dark side of you allows it to stay under control. It stays quiet because of acceptance??? What you resist persists, what you look at disappears,what you focus on expands. Idk, that's my spin on it. But, will drop the subject if it upsets you.

axie
2014-04-21 01:37

The reason I asked was wondering how many of us were 42. Ya know. The answer to life, the universe and everything?

*shrug*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Answer_to_Life.png

axie
2014-04-21 02:14

now have more stuff to talk to my counselor about.

Aww bless. Wasn't out to traumatize anyone, lord knows I've had my fair share of it. My natural defense tends to be sarcasm. Flirty, funny or brainy-bratty. Promise no bratty in here. Can't help the rest at times. Can't guarantee my attempts at humor will resonate with everyone. Promise, never malice though.

Happy Easter.

Anakin McFly
2014-04-21 10:53

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

I don't understand? Latex and being a bit kinky isn't anything to be afraid of.

It is for me; I'm still not entirely sure why. :/ I just have a lot of trauma around sex-related things in general (I was never raped or sexually assaulted, but there was other stuff that could be considered abusive), and certain kink-related things tend to set me off. I'm still working on it - I'm already way better with this than I was a couple years ago - because it sucks that I'm oversensitive to those things, and I wish I wasn't because it makes life inconvenient.

EDIT: I just looked at those photos. those were ok.

When Keanu said he hugs his dark side and gives it affection.... I took it as loving the dark side of you allows it to stay under control. It stays quiet because of acceptance??? What you resist persists, what you look at disappears,what you focus on expands.

Yeah, that's true. That's the whole premise of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy. :D

MmeRenard
2014-04-21 18:21

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Anakin, I really appreciate you sharing that. I understand trauma, and before I "found" Keanu, I was in a very abusive relationship and just barely got out. There was a whole lot of therapy after that, and for anyone to suggest that avoidance only makes things worse is, um, not entirely accurate. Alcoholics in recovery "avoid" alcohol, drug addicts "avoid" drugs, etc. That's called staying alive. There are all kinds of triggers. There's also preference, choice about what one chooses to absorb. No one is entitled to demand answers about another person's choices.

Keanu, I think, understands his "dark side" far better than most people. This was abundantly clear to me in Man of Tai Chi, both the film and the commentary. He is, among other things, a philosopher at a way higher level than most people. He understands morality and ethics in what seems to be a very mature and positive way. "Making friends with your shadow" does not mean just letting it run amok. It is acknowledging it and learning from it. It is not at all the same thing is license, although this culture only seems to think that "anything goes" and who cares if anyone gets hurt or harmed?

I think he can make this an interesting film. I doubt that he chose it because he has a casual or prurient interest in "psychosexual horror" - there must be more to it, and we haven't seen a script.
I absolutely trust Keanu's choices.
I don't trust Roth. I have not seen Hostel (either one) nor will I. I certainly won't see Green Inferno.
I know there are directors who manipulate actors - and crew - in nasty and dangerous ways. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to getaway with doing anything like that to Keanu.

I believe that Keanu would understand any fan's discomfort with "psychosexual horror" and would respect that. I'm really not remotely interested in any other fan's refusal to accept this fact. Whether I will like this film remains to be seen, because we really don't know much about it at this point.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.