WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Soundtrack recommendations

Soundtrack recommendations
neaura
2014-08-29 12:32

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
Reviews: 0
I was just wondering if you all have favourites! and if you have to recommend some for me what would those be?

Mine, currently are: Only Time and Touched by an Angel - SN and the whole OST of The Matrix :)

Anakin McFly
2014-08-29 13:52

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I like the Speed main theme; and the one from Street Kings.

Individual tracks:

The Matrix - Anything is Possible
Matrix Revolutions - Neodammerung
Permanent Record: Wishing on Another Lucky Star
The Lake House - This Never Happened Before
Sweet November - Only Time
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - In Time

and from Babes in Toyland - the musical masterpiece that is the Cincinnati song. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62DGe9i9lGQ

neaura
2014-08-30 08:47

Matrix Revolutions - Neodammerung

The entire soundtrack, meaning all 3 movies,is as exceptional as the movies themselves. First time i heard this one while watching the movie, made me giggle so much and it was such a serious and important sequence :D! The initial Sanskrit Mantra - I have been pretty much saying it all my life and it was cute to hear it with an accent. We are generally so robotic about it ;)

the musical masterpiece that is the Cincinnati song

Masterpiece indeed! especially the final "ahhhhhh" and bang! *giggles uncontrollably.
MmeRenard
2014-08-30 18:59

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
I love the soundtrack of The Gift - very haunting and beautiful.
The Lake House soundtrack (all)
Little Buddha
many more...

and I like FILM SCORES, written by composers (since I am one) - not pop songs stuck into films just because.

Spirit
2014-08-31 01:13

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
A film score thread?? YESSS!!!! :D

I definitely love pretty much everything from the various Matrix soundtracks, Furious Angels, Reload, Navras, and Spirit of the Universe in particular. Lake House is great, as is Speed and. . . You know, I'll just stop here, because so far, I am yet to find a movie score/soundtrack that I don't like, so I could potentially ramble on for quite a while.

Edit: Now the songs that are just randomly inserted as well as the songs that artists write for the soundtrack (DEFINITELY not the composers)are usually kind of iffy to me. I like my scores!

Anakin McFly
2014-08-31 11:11

ADMIN

Oh! And Clubbed to Death from the Matrix soundtrack. I printed out the score and can play it badly on the piano.
neaura
2014-08-31 16:01

Matrix is definitely my favourite, I cannot really say which one I like the most, that is why I mentioned the entire thing!

Ani: you should record what you play and send a link once :D
MmeRenard : would love to hear your compositions too! :-)

I love the soundtrack of The Gift - very haunting and beautiful

Christopher Young's tunes are certainly haunting, no doubt. I like The Gift's title score a lot.

Off topic: I love the soundtrack of Beyond Borders as well, ah there are so many :-)

Anakin McFly
2014-09-01 09:21

ADMIN

Well, I did this five years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe29Oucdw8&list=UUIaDKBHFQXp0gg8D-w0RF_g

It's a medley of various Keanu movie soundtracks. :D

and this Dogstar medley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWt29faI1ew

(apparently my piano was out of tune.)

allhailkingjack
2014-09-01 10:19

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14
Are these meant to be just soundtracks of KR movies? Because I'm throwing in some others too.

The Speed theme is awesome, as is the Lake House theme.
The entire Tron: Legacy soundtrack is amazing.
I like the Hunger Games and Catching Fire soundtracks, although they have nothing in common.
The STs for the first two Twilight movies are good.
The Titanic score is gorgeous and never gets old.
And, for a throwback...the Pretty in Pink ST, especially If You Leave by OMD and Wouldn't It Be Good by Danny Hutton Hitters.

neaura
2014-09-01 18:59

@Ani : i loved it!!!!, especially speed, this never happened before and Cincinnati in the movie soundtrack medley. Twas awesome!
Dogstar, yeah, little tuning needed i guess but it's beautifully put together. 32stories, enchanted and slipping down! Perfect!

The slides that go with the songs are so well done Ani. I've always loved their songs, not all but most.. hearing someone play the songs just takes the whole experience to another level, especially when it's done with love. Thank you so much for sharing. All 've ever seen in YouTube were crap videos. I never ever came across yours! 've book marked the link.
MUSHROOM *GRINS

Am loving this thread, thanks a lot Jack!

Spirit
2014-09-01 23:49

Dahh! I forgot my all time favorite! Deep Shadows extended version, The Hunger Games trailer music!! :D
Anakin McFly
2014-09-02 09:31

ADMIN

@neura: Thanks! :D

and if we're opening this up to non-Keanu-movie soundtracks...

Probably easier for me to go by composers and my favourite compositions from them:

- John Williams (Jurassic Park main theme; most of the Star Wars OSTs, especially 'Across the Stars' from Star Wars 2; Indiana Jones main theme; pretty much everything in Harry Potter)

- Alan Silvestri (Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Contact, Captain America, The Polar Express, The Mummy)

- Hans Zimmer (esp 'Up is Down' from Pirates of the Caribbean 3, which is glorious; Pearl Harbor; Inception; Crimson Tide; Sherlock Holmes; The Lion King; I love most of his music)

- Michael Giacchino (Star Trek reboot, esp 'Enterprising Young Men'; Fringe; The Incredibles)

- James Horner (Titanic, The Land Before Time)

- Howard Shore (LOTR)

- Mark Mancina (Speed, Twister)

- Alexandre Desplat (The King's Speech, and the bits of the Twilight OST I listened to (haven't watched the films))

- David Arnold (Stargate, BBC Sherlock)

- Clint Mansell (Requiem for a Dream, Moon)

- Danny Elfman (Beetlejuice, Men in Black, The Family Man)

- Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica reboot, Eureka)

- James Newton Howard (The Hunger Games, and he just pops up everywhere)

and I'll stop here for now. :D

MmeRenard
2014-09-02 18:33

one of a handful of women film composers (still! 2014!) Rachel Portman, The Lake House!
neaura
2014-09-02 19:57

Oh that's one hell of a list Ani! :-)
Reminds me, am desperately waiting for Sherlock , 2016? Seriously?! :-(- oops off topic!
Spirit
2014-10-18 01:25

Anyone know what language the choir is singing in on the Matrix soundtracks?
MmeRenard
2014-10-18 01:26

Is it Sanskrit?
neaura
2014-10-18 01:29

Ya, its Sanskrit. From Upanishads.
Spirit
2014-10-18 01:31

@MmeRenard & Neaura, thanks! It's been driving me crazy...

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.