WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: I don't normally do this

I don't normally do this
silver
2015-05-06 10:45:45

Forum Posts: 82
Comments: 4
Reviews: 21
So um I'm really sorry. I don't mean to speak about myself, but the Anonymity provided by the internet makes me feel comfortable speaking a little. I see that some of you here know about the arts, writing, or design, so you might also know how difficult it can be sometimes getting where you want to be in these industries. I'm having the hardest time finding a full time job, and I look in many different areas(From General Labor to things in my field of production). My parents haven't any active income, and so I really want to help. On top of that, I do go on acting auditions. Money was always a problem, living where we live. I'm so tired of money, something out of my control, being the biggest obstacle. I am very depressed right now, because I had to give up on an audtion for an Acting Apprenticeship with one of my town's top Theatres. now I'm getting panic attacks and headaches (I guess stress)in public. I fear that I'm not going to go anywhere with my life, and be in college loan debt until the day I die. I need some advice and positive thoughts.

I guess what I'm asking is, did any of you really want to do something, and for reasons out of your control, you never got the chance to really delve in? When you look back now, do you have any regrets?

I know you might not care, and that's cool. It is understandable, you don't know me.

Thanks for reading.

Anakin McFly
2015-05-06 14:18:25

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, I don't have much advice, other than how you still have time. Even if you can't pursue your dream at the moment, it doesn't mean you'll never be able to. Perhaps focus your energies on getting a job that can give you a steady income, even if it's not a job you want to be in for the long term. It'll at least help ease the financial struggle for the time being, and give you some room to breathe and have things settle; then when you're in a better place in life, you can have the freedom to try out other things.

I'm working full time at an office job now (web development and marketing at a financial advisory firm), but I still find some time each week to sit down and write, and I submit my stories to magazines that occasionally buy them. So that's one way I get to indulge in my passion while officially working in a different field.

Try to find meaning and purpose in everything you do, even if it may not be what you planned. Even something like data entry helps people and is part of what makes the world go round.

I sympathise with the panic attacks. Eating lots of nuts helps me - they're a good anti-anxiety food, and cheap. Back when I used to get a lot of panic attacks I'd bring along a packet of nuts whenever I went out, and eat them before any situation that might trigger an attack.

LucaM
2015-05-07 02:33:34

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Sorry, not sure I can help much.... thing is, I don't exactly have regrets over past choices or lack of chance... when I finished high school, my mother forced me to go to college and study economics instead of English language and literature, but can't say I really really wanted to go for English...and looking back I don't think I would have had the patience for it...
In time, things fell into place and I'm reading more English literature than Romanian (which is my native language and shame on me, I have no idea what happened in Romanian literature in the last 15 years :( ), I'm working two jobs (one full time, one part time), I can barely make ends meet and each day I wish I could just stay home and watch movies all day. Wish I had the time to study cinema as art, to learn about the history of cinema... but I don't so I make the best of what little free time I have. I improvise, compromise and make the best of the current situation...

At the end of the day, I guess we all try to make the best of each day we live...

silver
2015-05-08 21:52:39

Thanks all. I have a job interview today, and it is in a place I wouldn't mind working. Lets see what happens
LucaM
2015-05-08 21:55:17

best of luck !
silver
2015-05-12 03:32:10

Thanks LucaM. I got the job. So I am employed for now lol. Also, I got the chance to set up an interview with an Acting Agent, so there's that as well.
LucaM
2015-05-12 03:34:06

hey, that's great !
anita7722015-05-12 08:17:19

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0
Great news! Look at you go!
Anakin McFly
2015-05-12 14:07:57

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
That's great! :D
Freya
2015-05-28 00:48:26

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Good for you :)
Some time ago I had a very great job offer which I didn't take (by mistake). Since that time I have had only short-term contracts in different areas and none of them was suitable for this or that reason. Anyway it is better to have something and then to change for something you really want.
silver
2015-05-28 11:23:15

Thanks Freya. Well I am working, and that's good for the household. However, that talent agency might be a scam, so I didn't set up an interview.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.