WINM Forums :: Introductions :: German fan says "Hi"

German fan says "Hi"
jewel79
2015-07-05 21:26:30

Forum Posts: 10
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Hello everybody,

I'm Julia from Germany, 36, and have been a "Keenie" fan since about 1994/95.
I know, nobody calls Keanu "Keenie" online, so it seems, but that's how my friends and I called him about 20 years ago all the time and that name is still stuck into my head. haha!

My first movie with him was "Bill & Ted 2" on German TV around 1994... That movie gave me a big impression on Keanu. And only a few months later I was able to catch part 1 on TV too. Actually I was on a week-long school-trip during that week so I had to program my vhs recorder to record part 1 for me while I was away... Wah! You cannot believe how fast I came back home and checked if the recording was successful!!! (Oh, those times when you didn't have any chance to look the internet for some videos! It were so tough times, right? LOL)
I was so hooked. Oh my. I think Keanu was my first big star crush. I was about 15 years old.

I think Keanu also led me the first hint that I was more an "Asian man" type than a Caucasian... Well, my boyfriends and my now-husband were Chinese. So it all makes sense. ;-)

But now away from all the superficial stuff. I always thought Keanu is an amazing actor. Not just because of his looks. The first time that I actually read "he's such a bad actor" stuff was on the internet! I was and I'm still confused about that crap. Sorry, it's simply not true. Keanu is an amazing actor. His eyes speak loooong stories without him saying a WORD. Not many actors have that kind of aura!

I'm not the type fan who has been following Keanu nonstop in the last 21 years though. Because of life as a wife and mother I'm not up-to-date all the time but every few years I'm "coming back" and fall in love all over again! :-D He never gets old. Instead, I find out more interesting and admirable stuff about him. :-)

As I said I'm a German fan. But currently I'm living in Shanghai (China) as an expat. We will live here for the next few years. Sadly the Western internet pages are pretty bad to load from China (including this board! it takes sometimes 5 minutes for ONE page to load!). I miss my hours-long Youtube nights watching Keanu stuff, lol. But every time I'm back at my parents' in Germany I'm nearly nonstop on Youtube and Facebook and all the other sides... Next time will be in about 2 weeks actually. Thank god.

Oh, the reason I "fell in love" with Keanu again this time was... of course... "John Wick". OMG! I watched this movie 5 times in 3 days! :-D I just love that guy!

LucaM
2015-07-05 22:59:00

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Hello, and welcome !

His eyes speak loooong stories without him saying a WORD.

that. that is one of the reasons I fall in love all over again with the actor , every time a new movie of his gets released. :)
so ...yeah. I think I understand ;)

Anakin McFly
2015-07-06 13:13:14

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Hi, and welcome!

This site is run from Singapore, though, so it's not loading all the way from the West; it might be even slower if it was.

Freya
2015-07-06 15:15:21

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Hi :)

It's interesting what you said about types - I'm 'blue-eyes blond' type but Keanu is my favourite actor.

jewel79
2015-07-06 15:59:33

Thanks for welcome me, guys. :-)

Cool, from Singapore! Well, as I said I have trouble to load this page so I haven't checked too many other user introductions so far. ... at least Singapore hasn't to deal with that crappy "China Telecom". Not just the stupid "internet firewall" that completely blocks Facebook, Youtube and other pages but just slows don't everything that's outside of China, ha. I don't wanna complain too much though... China isn't that bad as Western media always makes you believe actually. ^^ Just the slow internet is really annoying. :-/

Oh, another thing that I wanted to point out is, that after those Bill and Ted movies the next movie was "Speed". But, I was totally crazy... I missed it in cinema so I watched it on the German pay-tv channel "Premiere" back then... but.... I didn't have a decoder for that channel... so all I actually saw was some white-black snow picture with sound! hahaha! I guess that just shows how crazy I was for Keanu from the beginning. 'blush'

I try to read those "fish threads" right now... ("try".. because it's just so slow loading, lol) and it really makes me very sad. Just wish I never had seen all that bad talking about K. Before the internet you didn't get that much rubbish like that. Being a fan was much more innocent and calmer.

But on the other hand, thank god it's not only Keanu. I mean, sadly there are crazy people everywhere and most other artists are attacked too. It's just the stupid nature of the internet where everybody can stay anonymous.
I'm part of another artist's fan club and we also have to handle so much rubbish and "fishing". :-/
Celebrities really need a thick skin to survive this crap and be able to just concentrate on their art.
I'm fully on Keanu's side with his decision to not share much of his life with the public. I can't stand artists who are mostly known for their gossips or their public escalations.

You probably know all these interviews already (they are probably all on youtube too) but maybe some of them are new to you. These are videos that I found on Chinese webpages with Keanu.
Hope you like it.

1.) July 2013, interview with Yang Lan (Beijing): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgyNDczMDQ4.html

2.) Have you seen this weird short movie? Must have been some Chinese commercial stuff Keanu was MADE to participate? lol. It's more a "long cameo" than anything else, right? Do you know more about this? Any background info? I'd like to know. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI0MzA1MzI0.html

3.) Keanu at Tang Suan Radio (Beijing): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg3MTQ2MTc2.html

MmeRenard
2015-07-06 18:49:32

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Welcome, Jewel79!

Please don't worry about the fish, there are really not many of them and they're just crazy and kind of evil, and look to be going extinct. There are crazy people on the internet.

ALL of the fun is delighting in Keanu's films and just him being himself. Enjoy!

LucaM
2015-07-06 21:25:21

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
re.2 - it IS a commercial, for the Wolkswagen Group cars - WV being one of the sponsors of Man of Tai Chi; all the cars used in the movie were from them. So yeah, I guess he was 'made' to film it, in return for the sponsorship. He plays the 'Donaka Mark' role from MOTC, and the story is set somewhen before the movie - or in parallel with it, as a a side story.

I remember reading somewhere (not sure where. maybe here?) that this kind of commercials 'tied in' with movies are a trend in China. Since you live there now, guess you can ask around and check this.

jewel79
2015-07-06 21:46:10

LucaM, thanks for the answer. "Sponsorship", that was the word that I was looking for. Argh. My English lacks too much vocabulary! Yeah, it was kinda obvious but I wanted to be sure.

Hm, well, I haven't seen too many commercial short films here really but probably because I normally don't look for them. This movie popped up when I was looking for Keanu's name. :-)
I just notice that they make ridiculously obvious product placements here in Chinese movies (or even MVs). Sometimes it gets really annoying. lol. Thank god it wasn't that crazy in "Man of Tai Chi".

About MOTC I can tell you that just from the trailers I wasn't that interested although I have seen countless Hongkong Kung Fu movies in my life. But I was really pleasantly surprised by Keanu's "baby". He really did a good job. It totally feels like a real HK flick, not like "an American director tried to make a HK style kung fu movie". I also liked the slightly hidden message the movie gave us. Good, really good! I hope he'll really do more directing work in the future. *thumbs up*

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.