WINM Forums :: The Reeves Report :: Keanu is NOT on social media

[1] 2 3 4

Keanu is NOT on social media
MmeRenard
2016-02-20 09:54:55

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Reviews: 0
I just noticed that both "@OfficialKeanu" on Twitter and "KReevesFans" on FB have been suspended. I hate to burst anyone's delusional bubble but no, you're not really really really having a relationship with "Keanu" on social media, as he no doubt has a life that doesn't include spending endless (or any) hours tweeting. Many thanks to whomever is responsible for removing the Fake Keanus.
Anakin McFly
2016-02-20 10:22:39

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Yay to the OfficialKeanu suspension, but I thought KReevesFans was a regular fansite? And that 'Keanu Reeves Online' page is still up, and it's the main culprit for impersonating Keanu. :(
MmeRenard
2016-02-20 10:34:00

You're right, it is the Keanu Reeves Online that's got all the nonsense. I don't know, maybe the fansite went down for another reason. But I am happy that the Twitter thing is gone.
Anakin McFly
2016-02-20 10:52:46

ADMIN

At least people seem to be wising up over there, and they haven't posted Keanu content for a while... just a whole lot of clickbait articles from some site called viralcelebnews. Which has made a few people ask if Keanu's account got hacked. >_>
Monica452016-02-20 13:05:50

Forum Posts: 12
Comments: 13
Lol, I saw the Facebook page and one of there so-called Keanu quotes. I commented that they should be very careful that they're saying Keanu made a quote.
I don't think the people/person who created the page is a native English speaker if that makes a difference.
Glad it's been suspended though
Taluthah2016-02-20 16:45:18

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 30
too many people fall for these sites. My friend once posted a copy of such posts on my Facebook wall
LucaM
2016-02-20 18:25:21

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
yay for Twitter finally doing something about that account.
Also, some of the FB impostors were closed down, too.
With patience and constant reporting, the others will be closed, too.
So report, report, report...

As for that 'unofficial' page posting crap - guess they've been warned or saw what happened to their other pages ;) and now they're keeping low. Anyway, the crap makes people wise up - as Ani said. And besides, the page does have 'unofficial' in its title and the 'about' section says they're a fan page so... whoever still thinks that's KR posting... well. The problem is choice :|

MmeRenard
2016-02-20 21:38:44

Facebook page "Keanu Reeves Online" (sans "Unofficial" and quite different) is still there, however, dispensing goo and bad advice. Keep reporting!
Anakin McFly
2016-02-20 22:39:06

ADMIN

It looks like they migrated. Exact same writing style and propensity for plagiarism. Quick, now's the chance to get them before they tack on the 'Unofficial'!

dispensing goo and bad advice.

I'm guessing that's a typo, but I love it. XD

How's everyone doing the reporting? To FB or Keanu's people?

MmeRenard
2016-02-20 22:55:13

Nope, not a typo - when you read it, it's definitely "goo" as in pap, baby food, mush, sodden nonsense:

"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect—you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break—her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there
Spread and Share it With The World"

Yeah, that totally sounds like something Keanu would say. >_>

I've reported to Facebook, seems kinda stupid to trouble Keanu's peeps but I suppose I could.

MmeRenard
2016-02-20 22:59:35

It does say in the little box to the left side "this is a Keanu fan site" but the page title isn't clear about that.
Anakin McFly
2016-02-20 23:46:00

ADMIN

:D

That quote was from Bob Marley:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/230886-you-may-not-be-her-first-her-last-or-her

lol I'm going to just go through and post the original sources. The current second one is from one of my favourite poems. Keanu totally did not write that.

What do you select when you report it to Facebook? There's no option for impersonation. :/

MmeRenard
2016-02-21 01:00:12

To report to Facebook, I try to make a selection which usually doesn't work, then it asks how satisfied I am and I leave comments there.

I like posting the actual sources. I'm a little surprised that Bob Marley would write anything that sappy, but oh well.

MmeRenard
2016-02-21 01:05:13

and the arguing with "Keanu"? and the potential to go "OMG, Keanu gave me bad advice!!!" and "Keanu isn't talking to me!!!"? we wonder about Fool's nonsense, but the crap people will believe is incredible.

Gotta go check my blood sugar, I'm afraid I got diabetes from this saccharine swill.

LucaM
2016-02-21 03:33:29

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
yep, looks like they migrated... :(

How's everyone doing the reporting? To FB or Keanu's people?

To FB first of all; it's their territory. Although in their defense, the page is not verified, and it says ' This is a Keanu fan page', so technically it's not impostoring...
Reported it for being a scam. which, basically, it is

Taluthah2016-02-21 06:12:14

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 30
hahaha, this thread has just popped up on my Google Alert "Keanu Reeves". Seems we are famous as well ;-)
MmeRenard
2016-02-21 07:39:50

Nope, Keanu is famous. We're fans.
Anakin McFly
2016-02-21 08:51:40

ADMIN

Well, that's good to know; hopefully people who track him on Google Alerts will at least be informed.
Freya
2016-02-24 03:54:48

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Maybe Keanu is not on social media but quite a lot of photos and articles about him :)
MmeRenard
2016-02-24 04:34:03

Yes, many articles and photos about him. Not put there by him, nor is he posting.

It does seem a little "harmless" to some, I guess, but it is impersonation of a famous person by someones looking to feel famous, and putting words in that famous person's mouth that they never said is creepy at best.

I'm reasonably convinced that this is one scenario of @IanNoFool's crazed rantings - Fool "hooked up" with someone that he/she/it was convinced beyond all good evidence was "Keanu" and that led precisely nowhere as a sane person would have expected. Now it's all "Keanu's" fault.

That's far from the worst that could come of this sort of delusion.
Someone could be convinced that "Keanu" was talking to them online - not to be dissuaded by any amount of saying "yeah? if it's really him, you need to Skype or at least talk to him on the phone" - convinced that they're having a "relationship" and being hurt and/or angry when it becomes clear that it isn't real.

Or thinking that it's really Keanu and showing up in his library at 4 AM?

Or thinking that it's really Keanu and it would be fun to go skinny-dipping in his pool?

Or "chatting" (she said diplomatically) with "Keanu" online and where THAT might lead? only to find out that it wasn't Keanu at all?

Or refusing to believe - despite a total lack of evidence that it WAS Keanu - and then blaming the real person Keanu for the actions of the imposter?

Worst case scenario, you combine any of this with some lunatic like Fool, maybe even a little further over the edge of sanity, or someone who is outraged by whoever he MIGHT be dating at the moment?

That doesn't sound quite so benign, does it?

[1] 2 3 4

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.