WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: What, Me Published?

What, Me Published?
SonjaRostov2009-01-09 23:49:50

Forum Posts: 31
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
I hope small and tasteful self-promotion is allowed here. Anakin, if it's not, delete this fast, okay?

I have a story in the anthology "Power Plays: Sex and Politics," coming out on January 20th, Obama's Inauguration Day. This is an ebook, and it will go to print if it sells well enough. Right now, there's not a link to purchase, but if this post stays up, I'll add one.

Woo-hoo, huh? And hell yes, I was thinking of Keanu as one of my characters.

Sonja
Anakin McFly
2009-01-10 14:31:49

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Yeah, sure - it's allowed.

What's the story about?
SonjaRostov2009-01-12 02:22:13

The call for manuscripts was wide open (pun intended)--anything combining sex and politics would be considered.

I got an admittedly silly idea immediately and wrote the non-sex part in just a couple days (not working straight through, just a little here, a little there), then let it languish. Finally, quite near the deadline, I thought of a way to work sex into the mix.

The basic set-up is that a 'miracle worker' from the Republican National Committee goes to Florida in 2000 to meet with its political movers and shakers. He believes he's both able and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the important swing state goes for Bush. He just didn't think of all the possible meanings of "whatever it takes."

There's a very nice twist at the end, if I do say so myself.

Sonja, not a Republican
Fiercelyred2009-01-15 02:41:30

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Congratulations Sonja! Any chance we can read a bit of it somehow?
keanugirl762009-01-15 18:09:36

Forum Posts: 268
Congratulations and good luck!
SonjaRostov2009-01-15 23:16:49

I heard from the publisher the day before yesterday. They liked my story the best of the collection and will feature it one day before the book's release, to promote interest in the book. When they do, I'll post a link to it. It's, shall I say "fully adult," so if you're underage or easily offended, it won't be for you.

I confess, this is a new publisher and at times the one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing. It's not clear to me how much of my story will be out there for promotional purposes. So we'll all be surprised!

Sonja
EverythingIsMagic
2009-01-19 02:55:42

Forum Posts: 328
Wow! Congratulations Sonja!

SonjaRostov2009-01-19 21:29:00

My story is now available at Ravenous Romance, where I am Maryn Bittner. It costs a whopping $1.99 USD. Tomorrow the anthology in which it appears comes out.

And it really is for adults. FWIW, once you read it, you will immediately know which person at IMDb's Keanu Reeves board would especially enjoy it. I won't say more lest I spoil things.

Sonja, which is also not my real name (I use so many I'm forgetting it)
EverythingIsMagic
2009-01-20 02:01:42

(SonjaRostov @ Jan 19 2009, 09:29 PM)
My story is now available at Ravenous Romance, where I am Maryn Bittner. It costs a whopping $1.99 USD. Tomorrow the anthology in which it appears comes out.

And it really is for adults. FWIW, once you read it, you will immediately know which person at IMDb's Keanu Reeves board would especially enjoy it. I won't say more lest I spoil things.

Sonja, which is also not my real name (I use so many I'm forgetting it)

Cool!

And hmmm...I wonder who you could be referring to on the IMDB boards?
SonjaRostov2009-01-20 22:20:03

Oh, someone we all have neatly categorized as a one-trick pony, interested in only a single aspect of Keanu...

Today the anthology is out, as promised. Check out Power Plays. It's five bucks.

Sonja, who will now stop advertising herself
EverythingIsMagic
2009-01-22 02:35:11

Wow, that cover photo is pretty HOT!!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.