WINM Forums :: The Website :: More TDTESS news...

More TDTESS news...
TheWyleyOne
2008-12-17 20:12:10

Forum Posts: 115
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

Copied and pasted from another forum (not movie related) but don't have the source or a link, just the text:

Football Fans Boycott Keanu Reeves' Film

Fans of German football club Bayern Munich are boycotting Keanu Reeves' new sci-fi thriller - because their stadium gets blown up by aliens in it.

Supporters of German champs Bayern Munich were furious when a trailer for The Day The Earth Stood Still was broadcast on the club's giant TV screens.

It showed the Allianz Arena stadium they were sitting in being wiped out by aliens.

The club said it knew nothing of the scene until it appeared in the trailer.

"We were not informed and were also not consulted," media director Markus Hoerwick said.

"It is not to our benefit for the Arena to be represented in such a way. We will now examine whether and how we react to it."

The film, in which Reeves plays the alien Klaatu who comes to save Earth from itself, has been largely savaged by critics.
dry.gif

TWO days to go....

TheWyleyOne
2008-12-17 20:17:42

OK, found an official link:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New...315180804?f=rss

The Wall Street Journal said the movie, a remake of a 1951 film, was "insufferably full of itself".

But it became a box office hit on its debut weekend in North America, taking $31m in ticket sales in the US and Canada.

It marks Reeves' biggest opening since The Matrix Revolutions in 2003, the third film in the Matrix series.

TWO

LucaM
2008-12-17 21:27:42

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
what's with those football fans anyway ? beer getting to their heads ?

the stadium distroyed by the nanobots is some Giants stadium whatever in the bloody USA... it has nothing to do with their German corner of the world ...

oh well... humans ...

*sigh*
TheWyleyOne
2008-12-18 16:44:22

If I was a German tourist, I would now include the stadium on my sight-seeing list BECAUSE of the film!

Whereas, previous to TDTESS I would never have heard about the place and as a non-sportsperson would have zero interest, were I to walk right past it..... I guess some people don't know how to use free publicity! Sheesh!
wacko.gif

TWO

(with only ONE day to go !!)

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.