WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Oh Anakin!

Oh Anakin!
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-04 11:41:35

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
I know you've been working really hard on the archives and all, but I happened to find this website. Not all the articles or photos are available, but there ARE some articles still available. (You have to click enter Reeves Drive). Chicks acquired Reeves Drive to start CK, as far as I know.

Now, I don't know how you've gotten the older archives or if you already have these or ??? I just thought I'd pass it along. (Don't shoot me, I know you're working really hard!)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://reevesdrive.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20010405045735/...e.com/drive.htm
Anakin McFly
2008-10-04 11:59:12

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Yeah, most of the articles were from there before they got shifted to CK.

I've got (mostly) all of them, though, because Fiercelyred saved the whole lot. She missed out on one so far (gah, RD doesn't have that one), and English translations of foreign-language articles.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-05 01:21:33

(Anakin McFly @ Oct 4 2008, 11:59 AM)
Yeah, most of the articles were from there before they got shifted to CK.

I've got (mostly) all of them, though, because Fiercelyred saved the whole lot. She missed out on one so far (gah, RD doesn't have that one), and English translations of foreign-language articles.

It's a shame Chateau Ke doesn't have back pages. That website had a TON of great articles!! Back in the day!

And since I was randomly searching the Keanu Reeves web ring of fire, I found a list of some random quotes by Keanu.

http://www.webring.com/hub?ring=keanuring

"I AM normal...any other perception is a lie, leads to madness."

- "My name can't be *that* tough to pronounce."

- "I'm a meathead. I can't help it, man."

- "I'm no babe magnet..."<-----------------------

- "When I act, I'm free..."

- "You've got smart people and you've got dumb people."

- "I'll hopefull be a good actor one of these days."

- "Either you like me or you don't."

- "Do know that I'm the critic's whipping boy."

- "When I don't feel free and can't do what I want I just react. I go against it."

- "I was hopeless in highschool--I failed everything but Latin."

- "To perform Shakespeare you get to say very profound words and in the body it feels more thrilling. Your spirit, your intellect, your heart and your voice. I have to say I prefer Shakespeare to the action stuff."

- "You know what is a nice thought? Retirement. That's what we've got to look forward to. A hundred of movies in the can and time to relax on the warm beach."

- "The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way."

- When told: "You'll just have to bite the bullet", his reply was: "Yes, but I don't have to eat the whole rifle."

- "I'm sorry my exsistence isn't very noble or sublime."

- "I don't look like a classic North American."

- "The worst part is really the food. In Europe, you order something you think will be safe, like a club sandwhich. Then it comes out with raw bacon and fish instead of turkey, and it's swimming in mayo."

- "I'm pretty boring. I just read, play hockey, play music."

- "What would I do if I wasn't an actor? (long pause) Uhh, 'Can I take your order please?' (long pause) I don't know what I'd do. (long pause) I would like to think I'd be some kind of (long pause) I don't know!"

- "I didn't have one big trauma--my problem was that I was a lot of different people when I was a teenager. I started out pretty quiet and reserved, which was a problem at my school. I had to work my way out of my shyness."

- On fame: "I'm Mickey Mouse. They don't know who's inside the suit."
Anakin McFly
2008-10-05 10:09:14

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

- "I'm no babe magnet..."<----------------------- 
Judging from the way he looks when he's not working...

Similar quotes:

"I hate the term sex symbol" Reeves says quietly. "I don't think I'm a sex symbol. I don't think I look like a sex symbol either."

"We need to accept ourselves the way we are and make the most of it. If you're homely, you'll never be handsome no matter what nonsense the press says."

"I get a good laugh every time somebody uses the term "heart-throb" when referring to me... I don't know what they could possibly be thinking of!"

...He's awesome.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-07 23:30:29

Judging from the way he looks when he's not working...
Hey, some people like that scruff muffin look! He's always been a very casual dresser. I think if he dressed up really nice ALL the time, well he just couldn't go out of the house. wub.gif

Actually, I think in one of the AFI reports someone said that Keanu had to wear his motorcycle helmut all the way from the parking lot to the ticket counter (to go see a movie at the ARclight theater), because if he doesn't he gets mobbed. I guess he's a regular there.

"Ihate the term sex symbol" Reeves says quietly. "I don't think I'm a sex symbol. I don't think I look like a sex symbol either."

"We need to accept ourselves the way we are and make the most of it. If you're homely, you'll never be handsome no matter what nonsense the press says."

"I get a good laugh every time somebody uses the term "heart-throb" when referring to me... I don't know what they could possibly be thinking of!"

...He's awesome.
Yes he is.

It must be weird to have things you said in your early twenties follow you around like that though.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.