WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Philosophical Films?

Philosophical Films?
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-31 01:31:18

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Anakin said at the "Day The Earth Stood Still" IMDB board that she liked philosphical films. Well, she said *crap* which made me laugh, but I wasn't laughing at you Anakin, it just cracked me up the way you said it. (I know, I'm weird)

I like some philosophical things too and I was wondering if anyone had any films that they liked that were sort of philosophically themed?

I like Waking Life, though I know for some it's tedious (directed by Richard Linklater and it's rotoscoped). I think people either really like or really hate that movie.
Also, the movie Mindwalk has a bit of philosophy in it.

Any others?

I find some of the work by Darren Aronfsky to have a sort of questioning outlook to it (e.g. Pi, The Fountain....)
Anakin McFly
2008-08-31 19:36:16

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The only one of those films I've seen is The Fountain, and it was kind of disappointing story-wise. Really beautiful visuals though.

I want to watch Pi.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-09-01 07:32:01

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

The only one of those films I've seen is The Fountain, and it was kind of disappointing story-wise. Really beautiful visuals though.
I feel the same way about The Fountain (the storyline, meh, but the visual were stunning!).

I want to watch Pi.
I guess they don't have Netflix in Singapore, huh? Bummer Anakin. I hope you get to see it somehow.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.