WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Well, CK is down

Well, CK is down
Sephonae
2008-07-04 00:53:38

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Club Keanu's offline, don't know if anyone here's checked it out. It's nearly 1pm in NY, just went for a look and it's offline. I'm so...vexed. I think I'm suffering from withdrawal. Damn it. Damn it.

I'm not angry at Chicks, I understand why she did it and I don't blame her at all.

But damn it, CK's offline!!!!!

user posted image
LucaM
2008-07-04 02:49:40

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
*sigh*
another one / site bites the dust ...

I CAN understand, though.

it's just that.... Anakin, hope you are gonna re-post the not-so-excellent adventures somewhere else ! here, or at the fan-fiction site...

please. pretty please.
*pleading eyes*
Anakin McFly
2008-07-04 09:44:41

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
...Wow. So what's the next biggest Keanu fansite left? KRNet?

The forums are still up though -> http://www.club-keanu.com/lounge/index.php
Sephonae
2008-07-04 11:22:23

^ Oh snap! Thanks Anakin! I'd never bookmarked the forums so I thought they wuz gone too!
Anakin McFly
2008-07-04 13:28:30

ADMIN

It's only the off-topic boards on the forums left, though - the announcments, creative corner, words & pictures, music videos, off-topic chat. The actual Keanu-based stuff is gone.
LucaM
2008-07-04 15:22:06

well... maybe it's time we 'grew up'
or we could go fishing

personally, I'll save my fingers for december. after TDTESS ....

until then, I have some reading to do. Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, the like...

Anakin McFly
2008-07-04 16:24:43

ADMIN

! Have you read Good Omens? It's a joint work by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and it is awesome.

Meanwhile I've written about another thousand words of the fanfic; will eventually type it out sometime today.
LucaM
2008-07-04 16:33:40

"Good Omens " ???
just finished it last night ...
are you psychic or what ?

yes, it is awesome....
and I bet Akiva Goldsman read it too

now I have to see 'The Omen" ( 1976) . must confess I haven't seen it yet ... apparently the novel is also a parody of that movie... in a way.

and on to much more reading....
I need a sabatic year ! no, make it two...
make it a lifetime
LucaM
2008-07-04 16:34:50

(Anakin McFly @ Jul 4 2008, 10:24 AM)

Meanwhile I've written about another thousand words of the fanfic; will eventually type it out sometime today.

YAY !!!!!

that's the spirit
TheWyleyOne
2008-07-04 19:19:20

Forum Posts: 115
Comments: 0
OH! I only started visiting the CK Lounge after the closure of K-Web. I never joined but went for the eye-candy. I will miss that Pants thread and Canadian RR's daily pic!! *sob!*

I was so upset that K-web didn't hang in there till after the release of TDTESS as the info and news updates were so up-to-date. Things will be worse now there's also no CK
LucaM
2008-07-04 19:35:04

there's still K.net

http://keanu-reeves.net/

and search engines...

or there could be a 'news' section on this site also ; we all could post links to the 'latest findings'

memo to the webmaster ...
TheWyleyOne
2008-07-04 19:35:53

Forum Posts: 115
Comments: 0
Oh, thank goodness the piccy pages are still there.... (just checked)
Anakin McFly
2008-07-04 19:57:29

ADMIN

or there could be a 'news' section on this site also ; we all could post links to the 'latest findings' 

That sounds like a lot of work.

*is lazy*

Meanwhile my fic has been updated. Go read.
Sephonae
2008-07-05 00:32:14

(Anakin McFly @ Jul 4 2008, 07:57 AM)

or there could be a 'news' section on this site also ; we all could post links to the 'latest findings'รก

That sounds like a lot of work.

*is lazy*

Meanwhile my fic has been updated. Go read.

^You can't be lazier than me (it's really just not possible). I signed up for Google alerts. Now, whenever Keanu's name appears online, I get an email with a link to it, so I can check it out. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

Anakin--I thought I was the only one who liked to write long-hand and then type it up! I dig that way of writing, the initial burst of creativity seems to flow out of me very easily by hand. Then I turn a more critical eye toward the stuff as I type it out, and in this way, I edit as I type, so it's like the second draft.
Anakin McFly
2008-07-05 11:02:10

ADMIN

^You can't be lazier than me (it's really just not possible). I signed up for Google alerts. Now, whenever Keanu's name appears online, I get an email with a link to it, so I can check it out. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!
And I don't even do that. I don't bother searching out Keanu stuff via search engines, because it's too much work. I just hang around the fansites and see what comes up. That way other people do the work for me.

Anakin--I thought I was the only one who liked to write long-hand and then type it up!  I dig that way of writing, the initial burst of creativity seems to flow out of me very easily by hand. Then I turn a more critical eye toward the stuff as I type it out, and in this way, I edit as I type, so it's like the second draft.
Same here.

Though initially this was borne out of a need to make the most of my limited time on the computer.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.