WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Am going on a boat

Am going on a boat
Anakin McFly
2008-05-28 15:21:05

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
And it's sort of raining kind of heavily at the moment, so if I suddenly stop coming online after today, it probably means I drowned or something.

Just to let you know.
EllieP2008-05-28 19:07:08

Forum Posts: 110
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
we've got a boat! Should I tell my hubby to come and get you? might take a while from Germany, but our cool box is always well stocked
ckage
2008-05-28 19:09:23

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
On a boat to where?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-28 23:20:10

ADMIN

Alive, I am.

VESSEL TRIP! I'm working as a temp staff in a shipping company, and today they let us go visit one of the ships. Incidentally it's one of those that I'm in charge of, heheheh. *pride*

We went to the Port of Singapore Authority at noon to get our passes and have lunch, finished pass-getting and lunch at 3, returned to the office, and left at 4:30 for the ship.

Dinner was on board at 7pm. I think it is the most expensive meal that I have ever eaten, and it was free.

user posted image

user posted image

Had to climb up that thing. Its railings were full of genuine gunk of the unidentifiable brown gooey variety that smelt surprisingly not-bad. Kind of sea-ish.

THEY HAVE ELEVATORS ON THE SHIP. I <3 THEM.

user posted image

Containers!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Singapore shoreline -
user posted image

We were actually berthed at the port and the ship didn't move, but still there were nice views that looked way better than it came out in the photo. Got shown around by random well-fed members of the Italian crew.

Dinner!

user posted image

user posted image

srsly there was too much cutlery. I ended up using only one fork and one knife for the entire meal.

appetiser:
user posted image

Those are slivers of beef and I think some kind of sausage. All could be finished in a single bite, but it looked impolite with everyone else using their knives and forks to cut out tiny pieces, so I restrained myself and ate each in two or three bites. One guy finished first; I finished second.

I don't think the beef was cooked, but anyway it's the best meat I've ever tasted in my life. It was vaguely raw-salmon-like and for some reason kind of cheesy.

I also ate a large chunk of bread with this to go with the [actual] cheese. I would later regret it.

Main course:

user posted image

I finished eating that first in the whole group. I think I was also the only one who actually finished the whole plate. Everyone else seemed to be eating it one solitary penne piece at a time, and left about half of it behind.

Salad. Ate it all up:

user posted image

Wine!

user posted image

user posted image

^ I drank more than that.

Random piece of cooked beef! Ate it all up:

user posted image

Then dessert came, and I regretted the bread:

user posted image

And I finally gave up:

user posted image

^ i got pwned. Shouldn't have had the bread.

Then some guy from some other table came over and saw that and was all lol anorexic females who waste food, which made me angryface because prior to the dessert I had almost definitely eaten more - and taking less time - than anyone else (15-20 people) in the room that I could see, him included, and this with having had lunch at 2:30 and not having been particularly hungry to start with. I was still feeling full at 5pm and started dinner barely in a state of not-fullness.

Engine room! T'was hot and full of breeze of the non-Keanu variety

user posted image

On the deck at night:

user posted image

Left the place at 9pm+.

EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-29 00:34:53

Forum Posts: 328
That looked like a lot of fun Anakin!! I'm glad you made it home safely and didn't drown!

There's always "one" isn't there (in regards to anorexic girl comments!)?

EllieP2008-05-29 03:03:43

(EverythingIsMagic @ May 29 2008, 12:34 AM)
That looked like a lot of fun Anakin!! I'm glad you made it home safely and didn't drown!

There's always "one" isn't there (in regards to anorexic girl comments!)?

Yep, I get those all the time too. Either you're too fat and should be ashamed of the amount you eat, are too thin, and obviously anorexic or You're soooo brave i.e. should be couning calores and paranoid about your weght.

Still, looks like you had a great time. I'm soooo jealous. What a great place to live...

...Our boat's notthat big either

and no Keanu...only coz he didn't know how good it'd be
LucaM
2008-05-29 03:55:07

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
'that' beef included in the appetizer was 'carpaccio' . typical Italian food. it's raw meat that's left to dry ... and if properly seasoned , tastes almost divine ....

ooh, and the dessert you left there is 'tiramisu'... way too much calories, if you ask me, but too d*mn good to be left there...

nope, shouldn't have eaten the bread

( you could tell by this post that I'm anything BUT anorexic, lol...)
keanugirl762008-05-29 15:00:19

Forum Posts: 268

Those are slivers of beef and I think some kind of sausage.
That dry meat is "prosciutto crudo" (a sort of ham) and that kind of dry sausage is "salame".

Cool day!
keanugirl762008-05-29 15:07:09

Oh, and that sort of pasta is "penne".

I can't guess the sauce, though!
EllieP2008-05-29 15:29:19

(keanugirl76 @ May 29 2008, 03:07 PM)
Oh, and that sort of pasta is "penne".

I can't guess the sauce, though!

Is the sauce marinara (seafood)?

Looks tastey all the same and no, you shouldn't have had the bread
Anakin McFly
2008-05-29 21:04:35

ADMIN

It wasn't tiramisu; I know what tiramisu is and I love it. This was some pastry thing stuffed with very thick cream.

Don't think it was marinara sauce.
ckage
2008-05-29 21:55:41

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Glad you had a nice boat visit/ trip!

As for the appetiser: Ah! I know all of that! Portuguese cuisine has some similarities with Italian/Spanish ones: "presunto" is how we call that smocked ham thing, and that looks like some kind of larger "chouriço"! The cheese looks like regular "flamengo"... :\

As for the anorexic comment... Yep, there's always "one" alright. :/

"Engine room! T'was hot and full of breeze of the non-Keanu variety"
LoLed.

LuxuriantN
2008-05-29 23:49:08

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Wow - thanks for the pictures Anakin. That meal looks delicious and I am glad to hear you ate most of it (a woman after my own heart).

Sounds like a really interesting day.
keanugirl762008-05-30 14:15:33

It wasn't tiramisu; I know what tiramisu is and I love it.  This was some pastry thing stuffed with very thick cream.
Oh, according to your description, I think it's "millefoglie" (literally "a thousand layers"). It's very popular as well With chocolate or vanilla cream.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.