WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: What's on your ipod?

What's on your ipod?
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-12 08:41:10

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Now granted I just got an ipod for Xmas (yes I know I'm behind the times), so I don't have that many songs (I'm still loading and buying). My taste in music is very eclectic and all over the place.

Timbaland-"Apologize"
Beck-"Black Tambourine", "Clap Hands", "Tropicalia," "Guero"
Interpol-"The New", "Obstacle 1"
Joey Ramone-"What A Wonderful World"
White Stripes-"Icky Thump," "Seven Nation Army"

I'll post more later, but I've got to get off the computer. Dinner is ready.

tiikay
2008-05-12 13:01:22

Forum Posts: 17
iPods are great, and don't worry about being 'behind the times'... the newer the iPod, the better it is (at least that's the way I think, they seem to be better anyway). The battery life on the new iPods wipe the floor with the one mine has .

I've only got about 1100 something songs on my iPod Video and there's still plenty of room for more
My taste in music is pretty all over the place too. Most of my iPod is taken over with AC/DC, Metallica, Distillers, HIM (72 songs and counting, I need to buy more CDs), Rammstein and a whole bunch of classic rock, but then I also have tunes from the Chicago movie soundtrack on there as well as X-Men 2 and Matrix soundtracks, with a random dose of gaming soundtrack tunes on the side too.

I only have one rap song though, I'm not a big fan of the genre.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-12 20:21:11

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Eh, don't have an iPod. Don't want one. I have an MP3 player, and listening to it for too long makes me feel slightly deaf afterward. I used to plug it in my ears and play nice soothing Enya music as I attempted to write. Now I just do my music listening on my laptop.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-13 00:11:54

(tiikay @ May 12 2008, 01:01 PM)
iPods are great, and don't worry about being 'behind the times'... the newer the iPod, the better it is (at least that's the way I think, they seem to be better anyway).  The battery life on the new iPods wipe the floor with the one mine has

I've only got about 1100 something songs on my iPod Video and there's still plenty of room for more
My taste in music is pretty all over the place too.  Most of my iPod is taken over with AC/DC, Metallica, Distillers, HIM (72 songs and counting, I need to buy more CDs), Rammstein and a whole bunch of classic rock, but then I also have tunes from the Chicago movie soundtrack on there as well as X-Men 2 and Matrix soundtracks, with a random dose of gaming soundtrack tunes on the side too.

I only have one rap song though, I'm not a big fan of the genre. 

Well, I'm not sure about the other (older) ipods, but I have a ipod nano and so far it's been great! No complaints. (knock on wood)

Well, your 1100, beats my 100 songs that I have so far.

Oooh you sound like you have pretty eclectic taste too (for the most part). Thanks for reminding me about putting the Matrix soundtracks on my ipod. (Makes note to self)

I really like the ipod because you can download audio books as well. There's some books by George Carlin and David Sedaris that are a hoot! And the big thing over here, well in Oprah land (which granted I don't visit very often) is Eckhart Tolle's "New Earth." I read it when it first came out, but it's been kind of fun listening to the "classes" they have on it. (You can watch it online at Oprah.com or download the podcasts for free at itunes)

I don't like rap much either.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-13 00:15:51

(Anakin McFly @ May 12 2008, 08:21 PM)
Eh, don't have an iPod. Don't want one. I have an MP3 player, and listening to it for too long makes me feel slightly deaf afterward. I used to plug it in my ears and play nice soothing Enya music as I attempted to write. Now I just do my music listening on my laptop.

I didn't care for the ipod "ear buds" that they have, so I have some Bose headphones that I use that are awesome!

Maybe you're listening to your songs a bit too loud there Anakin?

I like to listen to music when I write too (just for fun, nothing serious), but yeah I think it's easier just to listen to it on your computer or a stereo. (as background)

Enya's a good choice!

Anakin McFly
2008-05-13 20:42:52

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

Maybe you're listening to your songs a bit too loud there Anakin?

Enya's a good choice! 

Sephonae
2008-05-13 21:50:59

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
I have a Samsung MP3 player (it's a pretty red one). On another Board I hang out at, there's a similar thread where you're supposed to list the next 10 tracks you've got on shuffle. Here are mine:

1. "Still in Love Song" - The Stills

2. "Shut Your Eyes" - Snow Patrol

3. "Weight of the World" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (I la-la-LUV them!)

4. "Old Yellow Bricks" - Arctic Monkeys

5. "Union of the Snake" - Duran Duran

6. "Take Me, I'm Yours" - Squeeze

7. "Starlight" - Muse

8. "The Last One Standing" - Ladytron

9. "We Need Love" - Hard-Fi

10. "Behind the Wheel" - Depeche Mode

What are your next 10???
ckage
2008-05-13 23:04:50

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
No ipod; random brand, crappy mp3 player is more like it.

11. Seasons - Chris Cornell

12. The Man (el hombre) - Gotan Project

13. Nausea - Beck

14. Alala - CSS

15. Jigsaw Falling - Radiohead

16. The Pretender - Foo Fighters

17. Chaga - Ornatos Violeta

18. Heaven is Wide - Garbage

19. Numb - The Edge

20. Only Pain is Real - Silence 4

Sephonae
2008-05-14 10:41:00

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
^^^OMG! CSS! Silence 4! You're a Lusophone too?!? (I have to admit though; while I dig CSS, my godson gave me a Silence 4 CD I never quite got into. Still, I liked it better than that Gothy-type Portuguese band my sis liked...what were they called again? Ummm...Madredeus?)

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.