WINM Forums :: The Website :: Want to start a joint blog?

[1] 2 3

Want to start a joint blog?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-11 15:35:13

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Since someone once pointed out the lack of actual content on WINM in the forms of reviews and such; maybe we could start a blog for the site and just post random things there that are remotely related to defending Keanu.

Anyone know any good blog host sites? (Not Wordpress; that one won't let me leave comments. )
LuxuriantN
2008-05-11 17:19:56

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
I must confess, I dont REALLY understand the concept of blogging.

I mean what are you supposed to blog about? Is it just an opinion about something/anything that caught your interest?

I am happy to join in once I understand what I am supposed to do.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-11 18:48:58

ADMIN

I don't really understand public blogging either; I just have my own blog which is mostly a diary to keep friends in the know of what's going on, especially those with whom I'm no longer in regular contact in real life or those whom I know only through the Internet.

I guess for this one we could stick to things like reviews of reviews that we might deem unfair, or just comments about various fish that we discovered... or a comic strip!

(MS Paint is underrated, I say.)
ckage
2008-05-11 19:41:14

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
I thought about that! We could post links to reviews and then make a comment of our own.

Although, I do tend to get tired of the blogging thing fast; i've had several and I've abandoned them all in the past. Not very faithful, me.

As for the purpose of blogs, it can be disputable. Originally, the "word" is supposed to come from "web log", and, well, you can pretty much keep a log on anything! But to what extent should you make it public?...

There was a time where I used to frequent a lot of blogs, mostly to check out the webdesign and the graphics, since some of them used to be pretty artsy. Nowadays, I usually only go to this one -> feministing.com. Well, what can I say... it's an example of a theme-centred blog.
Also, one of my favourite blogs is of this guy who writes for TV and radio, and he will pretty much post anything: pictures of his dogs, stories of mostly embarrasing stuff that happens in his life (his radio show is about that), youtube phenomena, reviews on music and movies, or reviews on... err... junk food and house appliances: havidaemmarkl. Only, it's in portuguese. But it's pretty entertaining.

Anakin McFly
2008-05-11 20:31:38

ADMIN

Although, I do tend to get tired of the blogging thing fast; i've had several and I've abandoned them all in the past. Not very faithful, me.
Yeah, which is why this should probably be a joint thing; just get a blog somewhere, and any of us can write stuff on it.
Lazacka2008-05-12 08:21:58

Forum Posts: 17
Comments: 0
I would like to contribute if you guys are going to do it...
BlueberryDarking
2008-05-13 06:14:37

Forum Posts: 10
Comments: 0
I'd love to contribute.

Maybe an LJ community sort of thing in the style of gsa_lj, where individual members can post articles or blog entries they find interesting or relevant?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-13 20:17:35

ADMIN

Yeah, I thought about LJ, but it's kind of a closed community compared to regular blogs... could make it into an LJ feed though.
ckage
2008-05-13 20:39:58

(Anakin McFly @ May 13 2008, 08:17 PM)
Yeah, I thought about LJ, but it's kind of a closed community compared to regular blogs... could make it into an LJ feed though.

But LJ... is kind of unprofessional and has this aura of "fangirlishness" to it... Could it be something like Blogger instead?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-13 20:41:36

ADMIN

Hence just the feed; would probably use Blogger, then create an LJ feed account to get entries from the main blog for people who use LJ.
ckage
2008-05-13 20:50:45

OK, then.
ckage
2008-05-15 01:52:49

whoaisnotme.blogspot.com/

Now, to find out how several people can post there, under a different signature...

Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 20:28:20

ADMIN

Yay! \o/

Uh. Spelling mistakes: 'clarity', and 'later'.

And I don't think 'vulgar' means what you think it means.

Have you used blogspot before? I haven't, but I think it's possible to create several individual accounts and give them posting access to the main blog... Hence the 'Team Members' thing when you click on view profile.

Regarding the article, I would however have to disagree with your assessment that the author despises Keanu; he seems more of the a Styxfish sort.

YES I FOUND THE LINK.

Team blogs -> http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answ...440&topic=12498

Add me -> starwarsisnotdead@gmail.com
ckage
2008-05-15 21:56:56

(Anakin McFly @ May 15 2008, 08:28 PM)
Yay! \o/

Uh. Spelling mistakes: 'clarity', and 'later'.

And I don't think 'vulgar' means what you think it means.

Have you used blogspot before? I haven't, but I think it's possible to create several individual accounts and give them posting access to the main blog... Hence the 'Team Members' thing when you click on view profile.

Regarding the article, I would however have to disagree with your assessment that the author despises Keanu; he seems more of the a Styxfish sort.

YES I FOUND THE LINK.

Team blogs -> http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answ...440&topic=12498

Add me -> starwarsisnotdead@gmail.com

Thanks for the spellcheck! Altough... "vulgar" also means common, and that's what I meant... I'm going to change it anyway.

As for the article, a Styxfish is just another form of despise, as far as I'm concerned. But you can post your own POV!

Now I'm going to add you...
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 22:02:09

ADMIN

Altough... "vulgar" also means common, and that's what I meant...

I thought so, then I checked my dictionary to make sure, and that wasn't listed as a meaning. I think it's probably one of the older definitions that have since ceased to be used commonly.

As for the article, a Styxfish is just another form of despise, as far as I'm concerned. But you can post your own POV!
Those tend to lack the actual malice that other fish have, though. They're the sort who go: "I just want to give Keanu a big hug and tell him to please stop acting because I feel sorry for him when I watch him try so hard for nothing.", which is markedly different from the ones who rant on and on about how he's a horrible person who should get all the blood sucked out of him.

Now I'm going to add you...
ckage
2008-05-15 22:14:56

There, I sent you an invite... you should be getting it in that e-mail you gave me.

Where did you see that "later" thing? :S
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 22:16:42

ADMIN

In the intro post.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 22:29:47

ADMIN

Okay, I'm in.

...And have no idea what to post about.
ckage
2008-05-15 22:37:08

You could post an intro...

Edit: Now, I'm going to put something else there... hehehe
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 22:56:45

ADMIN

yay we took the red pill

Is the template one of the defaults?

[1] 2 3

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.