WINM Forums :: The Website :: Comic strip!

[1] 2

Comic strip!
Anakin McFly
2008-05-09 21:56:59

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Did this at work...

user posted image

LuxuriantN
2008-05-09 22:25:56

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
OMG I love it!
Anakin McFly
2008-05-09 22:26:48

ADMIN

Meanwhile, -> http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000041/flat/105587938

Hopefully the admin will do something...
LucaM
2008-05-10 05:21:18

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
yeah, they asked you to report that somewhere else..

d*mn procedures ....
LuxuriantN
2008-05-10 07:30:57

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
thanks for the support Anakin and the effort.

I hope somebody over there starts earning their wages. This is getting crazy.
tiikay
2008-05-12 13:09:58

Forum Posts: 17
Comments: 0
I really hope it gets sorted out... I go to sleep, wake up the next day and try to catch up with what's going on, only to find myself closing the IMDB tab. It's really a mess in there, and I'm giving up on reading that board until the admin take action.

Btw, I'm loving that drawing Anakin.
EllieP2008-05-13 16:06:37

Forum Posts: 110
Like the picture of the fisherman at the top of the page too!!!
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 22:50:07

ADMIN

Will eventually be put on the site:

Edited rebuttal to 'Keanu can't act his way out of a paper bag':

Well, this is a tricky one. First off there is, of course, the question of just what Keanu would be doing in a paper bag to begin with. As his life so far appears to indicate that he is of sound mind, we could probably rule out the possibility of him getting himself into one.

user posted image

(^ not likely scenario)

Furthermore, the fact that he apparently needs to get out of the bag suggests that he never wanted to be in there in the first place, so (with the exception of him having split-personality disorder) we can safely conclude that it was someone else who put Keanu into the paper bag.

user posted image

Now, if someone actually placed Keanu in a paper bag, their intention would probably have included him not being able to get out of the bag easily; otherwise they need not have bothered at all. So from this we can assume that the paper bag in question is, firstly, rather large (enough for Keanu to fit inside), and secondly, rather thick and hard to tear.

We are not told if Keanu has any cutting appliances with him when he is placed into the paper bag, but as most people do not go around carrying such cutting appliances, we can also assume that Keanu has only himself to rely on.

There is now the rather puzzling suggestion that Keanu - or anyone else, for that matter - would try to get out of the paper bag by acting; for as we all know, though there are many ways to get out of a paper bag, acting is not one of them. Perhaps if the prisoner did a crying scene the tears might wet the bag and make it easier to tear apart, but judging from the size of the bag involved, it would take a heck lot of crying before the paper gets sufficiently damp. We do not want Keanu to emerge from the bag only to die of dehydration.

user posted image

Unless of course the acting in question would result in violent actions, the force of which might eventually tear the bag. In which case I am pretty sure that Keanu would be able to get out of the bag by acting, assuming that the paper bag can actually be torn and is not indestructible.

Of course, there is always the possibility that the kind of acting being referred to here is of the other type, where acting simply means doing something. Seeing as how being stuck in an enclosed paper bag would result in suffocation, I think we can safely assume that anyone who is not suicidal - Keanu included - would indeed take action and attempt to get out as soon as possible.

As such, I conclude that Keanu can indeed act his way out of a paper bag except in cases where the following conditions hold true:

1. The bag is very, very thick, and/or
2. Someone stuck Keanu in the bag while he was sleeping and he only noticed after he suffocated to death.

Paint is fun.

Although people have for some reason been starting to give me work at work. Compiling competitors reports = the least fun of all the duties I've ever been assigned at work. And someone gave me three of them to do. Each takes several hours of clicking and searching and copy-pasting, and I doubt people actually look at them.
ckage
2008-05-15 23:05:40

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
ROTFLOL!

Great pics!

To bad they made me rotflol at the office and now one of my colleagues suspects I'm not working much...

"Although people have for some reason been starting to give me work at work."

Yeah; I'm afraid that eventually happens...
Anakin McFly
2008-05-15 23:12:00

ADMIN

My colleague sitting in the cubicle behind me is always rotfloling. No idea what he's doing...

Actually, I've heard just about everyone in the office rotfloling at one point or another. Then yesterday one of my colleagues sent me an e-mail with a whopping big number of attachments, all past e-mails filled with jokes and comics and other interesting things. She told me to only look at it when I was free and the boss wasn't looking. So that's what they've been up to.
ckage
2008-05-15 23:17:52

Actually, I've heard just about everyone in the office rotfloling at one point or another. Then yesterday one of my colleagues sent me an e-mail with a whopping big number of attachments, all past e-mails filled with jokes and comics and other interesting things. She told me to only look at it when I was free and the boss wasn't looking. So that's what they've been up to.
Yeah, the same thing happens over here sometimes. Only, many of those times, it's the boss who sends the funny e-mails. Or movie trailers.

EllieP2008-05-16 16:58:46

It's nice when the boss plays along Mine's not too strict either, as long as we haven't got a deadline

P.S. Keep on painting
Sephonae
2008-05-16 21:09:46

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Anakin, your paper bag rebuttal is brilliant...haven't sucked down all my morning coffee, so that's as intelligent a post as I can manage at the mo. But good fun; the diaphragmatic action from laughing should help me wake up.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-16 21:15:05

ADMIN

Thanks!

It's sequels are up on the website:

"Keanu can't act his way out of a wet paper bag" -> www.freewebtown.com/whoaisnotme/anr/wetpaperbag.htm

"Keanu can't act his way out of a perforated paper bag" -> www.freewebtown.com/whoaisnotme/anr/perfpaperbag.htm

EllieP2008-05-18 02:39:54

Oh i like the perforated paper bag idea But my favourite still has to be Can't act his way out of a phone booth!!

P.S. Ooooh, we've got new smilies....gotta find my demon
BlueberryDarking
2008-05-18 08:08:29

Forum Posts: 10
I am sad at the lack of ninja on the site version. D:
Anakin McFly
2008-05-20 22:20:22

ADMIN

I'm adding the ninja later to the wet paper bag argument, once I stop procrastinating and start doing things.

Meanwhile, my drawing skills have improved:

user posted image

I'm seriously thinking of doing a full online Keanu-centric webcomic entitled 2S64 (GIVE ME A BETTER NAME). I've got ideas for 10 strips already sketched out in my notebook, so it's just a matter of finding the time to draw 'em out in PowerPoint. (it's better than Paint.)

I have site updates that I haven't done yet. D:

Anyone got convenient pictures of Siddharta from Little Buddha? Or one more pic of Johnny Utah, because I don't have as many as I thought I did...
ckage
2008-05-20 23:45:55

*clapping-hands icon at your neo-kills-puppy drawing*

I must admit IÆm still a bit uncomfortable about Neo going around killing puppies though... Can the puppies at least have shades on?

I'll be waiting those strips. But... PowerPoint?!! Are we talking about the same program here? o_O
EllieP2008-05-21 20:02:36

*2S64 (GIVE ME A BETTER NAME).*

Now this is more my kind of terrain OK:

Keanu and I

The fabulous adventures of Comic Keanu

Fishing with Mr. Reeves

Shades of Keanu

Fainting Fans and other adventures

Neo kicked my puppy ninja.gif (with matching t-shirt "Freddie star ate my hamster")*on second thought, you're probably too young to get that joke, anakin, and now I'm depressed unsure.gif )*

Jump start my heart (X-rated) wub.gif

Who know Kung Fu?

Changing Haircuts

My kingdom for a bike.

The Lake King (Who doesn't like keanu wet?)

Speed 3: Life on the Autobahn (soon to be released as a Major Motion Picture )*my personal favourite, can't think why...tries to look innocent*

A tree by any other name...

Dude is (not) me (with matching website Whoa is (not) me)

Dude, it's me

Don't call me "Dude"

No leaves on me

To Beard, or not to Beard....

Expressions of a Keanu fan

Last time I power pointed

Of Wet Paper Bags and Sore JarJars

Throw the fish on the BBQ

The life and times of a fisherman

You know Anakin, it would be much easier if I had an idea of some of the stories, but there's plenty more where that came from....I heard that! ninja.gif

Thoughts? I wil continue later *issuing threats already*

Anakin McFly
2008-05-21 20:10:26

ADMIN

Heh, I like the 'Shades of Keanu' one.

Already got a title though - 'Casting Our Whoas Aside'.

Did three strips at work today, but I forgot my thumbdrive. So they're all far away on the office computer and I shall spend the rest of the night being anxious and hoping the office doesn't burn down.

Yep, we're talking about the same PowerPoint. It's fun to draw with! It started out with these short stickmen animations that I used to do in school project presentations years ago, and then there was that time when I attempted to convert the whole Matrix film into PowerPoint (gave up after the bit with the white rabbit; the introduction with running letter things alone took up over 30 slides, and people at work think it's really really cool.

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.