Haha, we got mentioned on a news site
Anakin McFly
2008-04-13 14:04:13

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
woot.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080411/COLUMNISTS14/804110306/1081/COLUMNISTS

Lisa Intrabartola:

---

My poor Keanu.
When he's not Neo, he's a punchline. After saying exactly that, Gannett News Service movie critic Bill Goodykoontz, who panned Reeves' latest flick "Street Kings," really takes off the gloves: "With "Street Kings,' Reeves has hit upon a stroke of genius: Choose a project that's even dumber than our perception of him. He can't help but look good by comparison."

There, there, my misunderstood dreamy dudemeister. Come to Mama. Don't listen to the Bad Mr. Reviewer Man. He's jealous of your sexy stubble, exotic good looks and vacant chocolate eyes. I love you just the way you are.

You go ahead and keep on keepin' on with as many slap-dash sci-fi, sports, surfer, romance, action movies as you please. And I'll keep watchin' 'em. Though I can't promise not to recite all your lines in the voice of Ted "Theodore" Logan. Wyld Stallyns all the way, Dude!

Just steer clear of Shakespeare, sweetie - you're an adorable expressionless lug, but Sir John Gielgud you ain't - and I'll always carry a torch for you. Even if your lush lips utter lines like "I caught my first tube today . . . Sir," or "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."

What's not to love? You're an actor - come on, even smarty-pants film buffs have to give me "My Own Private Idaho." You're a rocker - OK, so I never actually listened to Dogstar, but just the thought of him with a bass strapped around one of his sculpted shoulders is enough to make me a fan. And you're a bad(expletive) - I think being a high school dropout who gets his jollies by tearing it up on his motorcycle at night, without a headlight or a helmet qualifies as rebellious.

Luckly, I'm not alone in my admiration. The people at Whoa is (not) me (www.freewebtown.com/whoaisnotme/index.html) make it their mission "to be a forefront player in the defense of actor Keanu Reeves, through intelligent rebuttal and civil discussion on and off the Internet. While acknowledging that he is far from the best actor in the history of film, we also believe that the majority of attacks on him and his work are unwarranted, unfair, and due largely to mob mentality."

Whoa, dude. Like, totally.

---

Although I don't like her opinion towards Keanu doing Shakespeare.

LucaM
2008-04-14 04:44:18

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
it's great that WINM got mentioned... but somehow I didn't 'dig' her irony. getting stuck with Ted and Point Break after all this time proves that someone not even never listened to Dogstar, but didn't watch many movies either...

or I'm just p****d off because SK did not reach yet my god-forsaken home town ...grrr...
Anakin McFly
2008-04-14 20:39:59

ADMIN

Yeah... I wonder what she'll do if we leave comments on that article complaining about her insistent association of Keanu with Ted. Heehee...

SK opened here long ago. Not much hype though, and the two main newspapers gave it 3 and 2.5 out of 5 respectively; the former included a mention of how it would have been a great movie if not for guess who spending the entire film with the exact same expression.
ckage
2008-04-19 22:53:26

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0
Condescendence: you know where she can stick it.

.|. .|.
Anakin McFly
2008-04-19 22:56:00

ADMIN

I sent her an e-mail two days ago, and she never replied.
ckage
2008-04-19 23:01:29

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0

(Anakin McFly @ Apr 19 2008, 10:56 PM)
I sent her an e-mail two days ago, and she never replied.รก

Given how she completly missed the point of this site, and spat out the tipical "oh i'm a lady, so I wont trash; I'm going to pull (gag-inducing, condescending-shit like) coyness instead!" I'm not sure this would be the type of person that would give a worthy response.

Edit: How about posting the response here? Or at the homepage, with a link.

Edit 2: Anakin: THAT was the right word!
LucaM
2008-04-22 05:06:21

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

it would have been a great movie if not for guess who spending the entire film with the exact same expression.
bah, there's a full display of different emotions...but if a certain someone lacks empathy and is emotions-illiterate... can't possibly see them.

{ emotions-illiterate....gotta stop reforming the English language, lol }

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.