WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: "Moon" - the movie

"Moon" - the movie
Anakin McFly
2009-10-31 22:56

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
It is awesome. Discuss. If you haven't watched it, watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

It's probably in my top 20. <3 There are people on its IMDb boards saying that they hated it and it was boring and it made no sense. :\\ I loved it and thought it was fascinating and it made complete sense...

and lol at the IMDb thread entitled 'is it gay for sam1 to blow sam2?' :|

LucaM
2009-11-01 00:26

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
lol whut?
now I really have to watch the movie :D
matrixnospoon032009-11-01 01:33

Forum Posts: 73
Comments: 21
Reviews: 0
Yaaaay, a Moon thread! :D

I love this movie so much. GERTY was my favorite. Kevin Spacey's voice + the smiley faces on the screen = epic.

LucaM
2009-11-02 01:06

okay. watched it.
while I wouldn't call it 'awesome' - in my book, this term applies to The Matrix Trilogy and 2001 A Space Odyssey and Baraka and maybe a few others ; oh and to the Passengers script - , I liked it a lot. Liked the sadness of it; and above all, Sam's acting. I'll have to watch more of his films, soon.

liked the smiley faces , too.
and the soundtrack :D

Anakin McFly
2009-11-02 01:11

ADMIN

Music was by Clint Mansell, who's mostly famous for Requiem for a Dream. Have you seen that? Seriously depressing movie.

Which of Sam Rockwell's films have you watched?

...Meanwhile, a friend and I agreed that it would be gay for Sam1 to blow Sam2, because clones are different people. The only time when doppelganger slash is not gay is when time travel is involved and it's basically still the exact same person. We deliberated about this for a while, because people do change over time, but eventually we decided that it still counts as the same person. Then we wondered about alternate universe selves, especially if they have a same source universe and both branched out from that same source, and whether this would be like the time travel situation.

In conclusion, gay: Cloneslash, twincest, Neo and Conor.
not-gay: same person time travelled.
Questionable: alternate universe selves.

:|

LucaM
2009-11-02 01:19

yes, I've seen Requiem... Twice. Read the novel, too.

The Hitchhiker, of course.
and The Assassination of Jesse...., but honestly can't remember Sam because I had eyes only for Casey and Brad. (yeah, I know ;))

- - -

gay or not, in those circumstances said Sam 1/Sam 2 moment would be just a pity f***.
and you people have too much free time on your hands (pun intended) ;) :D

seer
2009-11-02 01:21

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Good Gods Ani.. where your mind gets off to.. and friends in crime no less!

:D

Anakin McFly
2009-11-02 10:16

ADMIN

Did you read the Neo/Conor/Trinity story arc that I and matrixnospoon03 had going? it was awesome. :D
seer
2009-11-02 11:30

No but I did indeed hear about it ;).
seer
2009-11-09 08:30

I also watched Moon recently - thanks for the encouragement, I'd not have known about it otherwise and I liked it, a lot. Not surprising that many felt it boring, it was a bit too cerebral for the average audience, not nearly enough visible chaos and mayhem (visible being the key term, there was plenty of mental chaos and mayhem ;).

As for senseless, it made so much sense it wasn't funny :(. But for those who watch a film with everything in their brain switched off save for the eyes.. understandable that they didn't understand.

Anakin McFly
2009-11-09 11:01

ADMIN

I like mental chaos and mayhem more than the visible sort. :D Not to mention that most visible chaos originates from mental chaos...
Anakin McFly
2009-11-19 20:49

ADMIN

I made a music video. :D http://www.youtube.com/v/GJ7OW2tfsqI
SaneSun
2013-01-10 18:38

Forum Posts: 202
Comments: 28
Ani, you're right (as usual) Just watched Moon and thought it was amazing. Especially Sam Rockwell's performance just blew me away. What a guy. And to think that he plays Zaphod in Hitchhiker's Guide and Bill Wharton in The Green Mile! Totally different characters. He needs more awards.
Anakin McFly
2013-01-10 21:08

ADMIN

Glad you enjoyed it! :D
And yeah, Sam Rockwell is awesome and totally deserves an Oscar. He's never even been nominated, which someone on Tumblr claims is why the world didn't end yet: http://oscarforrockwell.tumblr.com/post/38607366850/

Have you watched Galaxy Quest? It's a hilarious sci-fi comedy, and Rockwell acted in it too. he's got amazing range.

incidentally I run a fansite: http://www.sam-rockwell.com, though it never really took off, and sadly has no community like this one.

SaneSun
2013-01-11 17:45

Haven't seen Galaxy Quest yet but I'm going to be on the look out for more of his movies.

I like your fansite but that is a piteous forum! I almost feel sorry for Sam, that no one wants to discuss him and his work like we do here with Keanu! *wishes there were more hours in a day*

Anakin McFly
2013-01-12 00:09

ADMIN

Galaxy Quest is one of my favourite movies ever. It's also got Alan Rickman in it being awesome. :D

I like your fansite but that is a piteous forum!

haha, yeah. XD

There are Sam fans around - the fansite is actually a team effort, with a few people who helped out with most of the gallery, and someone else is hosting it. There are also quite a lot of fans on Tumblr, and there was a fanblog there called 'Sam Rockwell is Underrated' that got pretty popular before its owner deleted it (and her personal blog) for some reason. :/

But a community never managed to form outside of that; it seems to be mostly isolated fans, or small groups of fans. Fandom dynamics are fascinating.

SaneSun
2013-07-14 22:27

Ran across this bit from Sam and Jimmy: the boy can dance too!

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2013/07/improv-dance-game-with-sam-rockwell-and.html

Anakin McFly
2013-07-15 08:48

ADMIN

Sam is famous for his dancing:

"I’m shameless. I get a little carried away sometimes, but it was appropriate for that character. As long as it’s not inappropriate for the character. It seems to fit so far, but eventually, I’m going to get caught — like if I’m playing an accountant or something. Not that accountants can’t dance, but there will be some part where people say, “Take it easy with the fucking dancing, Rockwell."

- Sam Rockwell on dancing
http://www.sam-rockwell.com/articles.php?id=74

Also, someone made this Tumblr:
http://fuckyeahsamrockwelldancing.tumblr.com/

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.