Layout revamp and no more fish tank
Anakin McFly
2009-12-16 17:05

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Yep, no more fish tank. Deal with it. :|

Anyway, there are plenty of fish out there.

LucaM
2009-12-16 22:22

Forum Posts: 4841
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
*deals with it*

I like the new layout , but I miss Connie. ;)

Anakin McFly
2009-12-16 22:27

ADMIN

Connie pops up in the banner now and then. :)
LucaM
2009-12-16 22:37

oh, like a fortune cookie...

like that ;)

matrixnospoon032009-12-17 03:06

Forum Posts: 73
Comments: 21
Reviews: 0
Noooooo. :(

I like the layout, though. And I've gotten Neo on the banner three times now, which makes me happy.

inkhuldra
2009-12-17 03:35

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Me wants a Donnie Barksdale banner. I think poor Donnie deserves a DB Appreciation Society, and I volunteer as member #1 (although I probably would've slapped him repeatedly with a large and particularly smelly trout if I'd met him IRL).

BTW, does anyone have a Ke photo that'd fit for a "What?" banner? I think there definitely should be one, considering how awsome his whats are.

Edit: Shouldn't WINM also have a "WHAT?" Team?

LucaM
2009-12-17 03:40

you know what ? I second that.
don't like Donnie per se, but I think K did an excellent job at playing him, so... well, the mother****** deserves a banner. ;)
nafsunaek
2009-12-17 04:28

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
I like the new layout, too. I miss the tank, though...
seer
2009-12-17 07:27

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
I've decided to love the new layout - now that I've gotten used to it ;).

Miss the fish too but I can get a 'fix' at my blog when I really need one :D.

DB (and his ilk) isn't really all that difficult to manage but it does take a good measure of patience and cunning - his kind are a little like VWs, when they're good they're really good, but when they're bad... their code of ethics is a bit skewed, but surprisingly they do actually have one ;). A relationship with a 'good ole boy' will always be lopsided, but they can be worth it under some circumstances. K's Donnie definitely wasn't the worst I've known of!

Anakin McFly
2009-12-17 10:42

ADMIN

:D

'What?' banner created as requested. Will pop up eventually. I'll go find a suitable pic for DB.

...and you know what else it lacks? CONOR.

seer
2009-12-17 14:37

And I have to add that I have now seen the 'What?' banner :D.

And that the more banners I see the more delighted my smile grows :).

LucaM
2009-12-17 21:39

... so now I have to hunt the 'what?' banner ?
hmmm... that reminds me of ... nevermind ;)

OF COURSE we need a Conor banner. thought you'd make one by default ;)

seer
2009-12-18 14:42

Yippee!

Now I've seen a Conor banner :).

Ya know it would be singing to the choir to do such a thing here, but these banners have made me think of a possibly interesting test sort of thing. Ya'll know that I've not seen nearly all of K's films, and yet I'm able to identify the characters that appear in these banners in spite of the fact that few of them really have any identifying points aside from the character himself. The only ones that can give me pause are some shots of Eddie and David, but I've always found it a tad difficult between those two - I'll get it right, but I have to study a little harder :-/. Maybe that's because they're two of them that K wasn't entirely satisfied with in the end, don't know, maybe that bled into the characters somehow.

But the idea is, that these banners are a good example of how each of K's characters are discernably different if the viewer is actually watching K at work (unlike so many 'critics', who I've become convinced are not). The test would be that shots of the characters would be shots that aren't commonly found here on the 'net and so couldn't trigger a knee-jerk response from having been seen so many times before. It would be fun to run that kind of test on the general public ; shots on one side, names of characters on the other ; and see just how many average viewers got them matched up correctly :).

But then again it probably wouldn't work because too many are simply drooling over K and not getting into the characters :(. "sigh"...

Ah well.

Anakin McFly
2009-12-18 16:26

ADMIN

Ya'll know that I've not seen nearly all of K's films, and yet I'm able to identify the characters that appear in these banners in spite of the fact that few of them really have any identifying points aside from the character himself.

Yeah, same here; I've now seen more than half of his films, but before that I could already tell his characters apart, and I was writing about them based on little more than several photos and maybe a movie trailer, because that's all I needed to 'get' a character and tell how he was different from the others. Which I've not been able to do with most other actors, even the Oscar-winning ones.

Sometimes my characterisations were slightly off after I actually saw the movie, but most of the time just a photo - an expression, a posture, a mannerism - was enough to tell which Keanu character was which. There was this photo in the KeanuVision archive of some guy lying in a bed, his face not even visible; completely innocuous, could have been anybody, but it just screamed Conor. I checked out the screencaps, and yep it was him. Many other times I've never seen a film and the only pictures of a character I've seen have for example him wearing a certain set of clothes, then I see another picture with him wearing something else and I can still tell that it's the same guy.

In some cases I need to see them moving to tell them apart; like, appearance-wise, Neo and Nelson are almost identical and it's harder in photos. Prior to watching SN I saw some screenshots and thought 'hey he looks a lot like Neo', but the moment I actually saw the movie they are so completely different that it's immediately obvious.

So yeah... to that fish who claimed that few people would be able to tell Keanu's characters apart if you stuck them in "identicle clothing", count us among the few. I can tell the younger Keanuspawn apart, and most barely differ in appearance; I haven't even watched a bunch of those films. His characters fascinate me. It's probably the primary basis of my fandom.

LucaM
2009-12-18 23:36

*finds a Connie banner*

*is happy*

huh ? you two were saying ?
nevermind ;)

Anakin McFly
2009-12-18 23:37

ADMIN

There are currently 35 banners. Now and then when I'm bored I make new ones to add.
LucaM
2009-12-19 02:24

just seen the banner of Donnie at the trial court.
nice capture ;) :D
LucaM
2009-12-31 23:06

finally seen the 'what' banner.
nice ;) :D

LucaM
2010-02-11 22:31

we have new banners !
yay !

*nevermind me , I just stumbled upon one of the new Connie banners*

:D

LucaM
2010-03-23 19:26

WOW, this site looks a lot better in IE than in Firefox !!!

I'll stick to Firefox, though. never been much of an aesthete, but am known for being darn practical :D

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.