WINM Forums :: News & Announcements :: Keanu Youtube feed!

Keanu Youtube feed!
Anakin McFly
2010-03-21 00:12

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The original plan was to have it as part of the main page, either as a sidebar or just another page, but the thing kept throwing up errors and refusing to appear despite working perfectly fine back in January.

So eventually I gave up trying to fix it, and the feed is now hosted over at

http://www.quintology.net/winm.php.

New videos appear fairly often and I've found some interesting ones in there so far, so it's probably worth a look. :D

(note: quintology.net just recovered from 4 days of server downtime because the free webhost forgot to pay the server bill, and while things look okay at the moment it can be kind of unreliable so it might go down now and then which sucks but it's still the best free host out there and is free and I shan't complain because it's free.)

Also, any suggestions for other feeds I should add to there so it's not just Youtube and the @iKeanufan Twitter account? The other main Keanu sites (CK, KR-net etc) generally post the same things I post here, so that would be redundant, but if you find like an interesting Keanu blog or something, just let me know, thanks!

Fiercelyred2010-03-21 02:16

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
Thanks Anakin! Will think about possibilities for other feeds, can't come up with anything right now. There are a few foreign K-sites, but you'd have a language barrier, plus I think they get their news from CK for the most part anyway.
inkhuldra
2010-03-21 04:16

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Nothing wrong with adding non-English language videos. I'd love to see some of those, too, if there are any available out there.

Also, I would really like to see separate lists for tv interviews (Keanu focus), movie clips/reviews (movie focus), and fan creations/tributes (fandom focus).

BTW, has anyone made any sort of youtube video based on the radio interview where they have Keanu say "what?"?

Anakin McFly
2010-06-29 01:05

ADMIN

Okay, the feed is currently down due to server problems with the quintology.net free webhost (hosthelpers.com), AGAIN, which is also the webhost for futurefix.net, and basically 2 of the 3 fansites I run are currently offline and it's stressing me out a lot and it's been a week with no comment from the webhost admin because they suck and I want to kick things.

...just letting you guys know. I just shifted it over to edgedhost.com but have no idea how good they are - I saw some dodgy reviews from people claiming that their whole site suddenly vanished without warning - or if the feed will even work. For some reason, a lot of hosts don't like feeds. It can't even work on the WINM host and I'm paying for that one, so yeah...

Just waiting for hosthelpers to GET BACK ONLINE. I sent them an e-mail via their report abuse address, because it's the only address on that site.

Meanwhile I'm losing visitors to those two sites without the ability to go 'hey guys, the server is down'. They'll probably conclude soon that the sites are gone for good. :( The traffic on those two is nowhere near what WINM gets, but they do have some regular visitors still and I don't want to lose them.

Anakin McFly
2010-07-02 20:13

ADMIN

BACK ONLINE.

free webhost http://www.p4o.net is awesome. <3

inkhuldra
2010-07-03 00:50

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
AAAAAAAH! Anakin!! I have found one!

Yes, at long last: A video clip where Keanu pronounces his name as "kay-ah-noo". And then he says "kee-ah-noo", just to make it all the more confusing. No, actually, he sort of explains that it's "kee" although in Hawaiian it's "kay". Anyways, now we have video evidence! Woohoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7NTaYkgmtM

Anakin McFly
2010-07-03 00:55

ADMIN

XD \\o/
ARYA
2011-04-18 10:38

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Is there still a youtube feed?
Anakin McFly
2011-04-18 11:12

ADMIN

Yep. Link changed, though: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/videos/-/keanu?orderby=published&alt=rss&client=ytapi-youtube-rss-redirect&v=2

accessible via the YouTube button on the front page.

ARYA
2011-04-18 21:02

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Great! Thanks.
TheTangerine
2011-04-20 21:38

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Oh. So that's what the broken link is for me... My computer blocks anything youtube related. Parents. :|

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.