WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: The whole Sandra Bullock-thing.

The whole Sandra Bullock-thing.
Fiercelyred2010-04-01 01:52

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
'Kay. So, I gather everybody is up to speed on most of the info relating this whole sordid tale? It has actually upset me a great deal, and I don't think it's fair to portray Bullock as "poor Sandy", if you consider all the facts. I used to really like her, own six dvd's with her in it (two are obvious, right), but now....

Thing is, she must have known her husband is a neo-nazi, the evidence is too overwhelming. He collects WWll-memorabilia in their home, ffs. He has a surfboard in the office of his Monster Garage, that has Hitler and a Swastika on it. He had sex with a woman with two Swastika tats on her, one of them right above her private parts. He posed with an SS-cap doing the heil hitler-salute. And so on, down to the offensive (for Jews) texts to his "mistresses". Bullock dated this man for a year and a half before marrying him, and even if she didn't know before their marriage, she must have found out afterwards because the stuff was in her house. So, ew, yuck, and no more Sandra Bullock for me. (Partly as well because she's sure been no saint in that custodybattle with James's ex, who now doesn't even have visitation rights anymore.)

I found Keanu's quote (in US-mag I think) a bit too liberal, if true. Why would he wish both parties well in this? Sometimes it's ok to pick a side, you know. (Although in this case neither is also a valid option).Also: James built a custom made chopper for Keanu. And this is what I'd like to know: does that mean Keanu has been in the Swastika-stained office? I so hope he hasn't.

Thoughts on all this?

LucaM
2010-04-01 03:56

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

Why would he wish both parties well in this? Sometimes it's ok to pick a side, you know.

... and sometimes it's not. Especially not in such cases. It's Sandy and Jesse's problem, they have to deal with it, no-one else. There are many sides to a truth... and most of them won't be found in the tabloids.

just my opinion, of course.

ShadowSpark
2010-04-02 09:38

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33

... and sometimes it's not. Especially not in such cases. It's Sandy and Jesse's problem, they have to deal with it, no-one else. There are many sides to a truth... and most of them won't be found in the tabloids.

just my opinion, of course.

I agree with that.

ARYA
2010-04-02 20:44

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I find Keanu's quote to be the most compassionate thing to say.
lizaird2010-04-02 23:00

Forum Posts: 70
Comments: 1
Reviews: 1
and smart. Very very smart. Can't go anywhere with that. And as always he takes a high road and refuses to take sides. I think he knows how painful this is for everyone and it is exactly the type of thing he avoids like the plague.
Fiercelyred2010-04-03 01:53

I get what you guys are saying, and I do agree in general, but not in this instance. The whole thing just bothers me enormously, and Keanu's quote somehow didn't mesh with me. For like the first time ever. I know he never reveals personal stuff about himself, such as his religious and political views, which is indeed very smart. Nothing polarizes so quickly as talking about politics/religion, and you may very soon find yourself on opposite sides with people you previously regarded as friends. He is wise to stay away from that. So, as a business decision, what he said makes good sense. But since I find the whole thing so extraordinarily sordid (what with James's horrible convictions and all), I just would've like it better if Keanu hadn't expressly sent JJ his, what's the word, well wishes? He was only asked if he'd sent any to Bullock, after all.

Do any of you think he picked up the Chopper JJ built for him in person? Keanu doesn't strike me as someone who would have his people take care of stuff like that for him, especially since JJ is married to Bullock. But if he did pick it up in person, wouldn't it stand to reason that he also saw the surfboard with hitler and swastika on it, since that's (apparantly) kept in JJ's office?

Sorry to bring up a non-positive topic like this in a thread, btw. :( But is Keanu-related, and in a secure area of the net I hope.

dotdotdot2010-04-03 02:08

Forum Posts: 24
Comments: 4
Why would it matter if Keanu went to go pick up his bike in person or not? People can hide who they really are from anyone. If the whole swastika thing is true, he hid it from his wife so I'm sure he could have hidden it from Keanu.
It really doesn't matter to me either way. Keanu said what he had to say and moved on. I'm sure he only said what he had to say because he knows both of them. I agree with what someone said before about him not picking sides. However, I believe he's not doing it publicly. And besides it's none of his business just like it's none of our business. I think people need to leave it alone and let this whole thing die.
LucaM
2010-04-03 03:22

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
I probably shouldn't do this, but...
Kevin Smith's tweets on the subject:

ThatKevinSmith

Just spent the last half hr reading about L'Affair du Sandy/Jesse. Bummer all the way around, but nobody's thinking about what happens next.
And based on everything I've learned in life (which came from movies I've watched over the years), two things are gonna happen with James.
When someone from the streets is raised high, dressed-up & accepted, then kicked to the curb, we can either a) expect James to team up
with a hooker and a fallen stock broker to give those old white farts a taste of their own medicine. Admittedly, not a likely scenario.
But the b) scenario for just such a from-the-gutters-to-the-penthouse-then-back-again story's much more terrifying for us all: Penguin Army.
Via @Elwood70 "are the Penguins going to be riding choppers?" I just wet myself.

'kay, now I'll really leave it alone.

AngelWitch
2010-04-03 16:22

Forum Posts: 52
Comments: 40
Maybe he was also talking about James' children. I have always heard that they were close to Sandra and I can not imagine how hard it must be for them going through all of this
seer
2010-04-03 21:29

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Just a word or three here. One of K's biggest issues seems to be extending himself (sometimes to the point of contorting) to be non-judgmental - it stands to reason that he'd make such a comment, since he'd not likely care to judge either Bullock or James. And as was mentioned almost anything to avoid furthering the 'conversation' with a reporter that he didn't approach himself ;).

I'm not altogether accepting that James is neo-nazi anyway, having the trappings does not always make one the real deal. Many of these symbols show up in the goth world, and K does seem to have (or had) an affinity for goths. If James was anything-nazi I'd imagine that would have been a weapon wielded in court by his ex over the custody thing.

At any rate K picking up his bike at James shop doesn't have any bearing on K and who he is/what he believes :).

lizaird2010-04-03 23:16

Forum Posts: 70
Comments: 1
Reviews: 1
Nice to see you back Seer - I have missed you.

My thoughts about the neo-nazi thing is "poser". I have known many people that are childish and immature and have no real understanding of the implications of their actions, but simply play dress-up - hence poser.

You gotta follow the money. These things no matter how painful to the individuals and their families generate a lot of money. The media will perpetuate this till the end of time simply because it sells - and it sells well due to the nasty bits added on. So really how much is true ? Even mass speculation will drive this on, with no clarity in sight.

Simple reason - those who perpetuate the stories are part of the problem, not truth seekers. If you want this to end, for everyone's sake including the children simply change the "channel", or as Keanu did - just walk away.

Fiercelyred2010-04-04 02:47

I'm not altogether accepting that James is neo-nazi anyway, having the trappings does not always make one the real deal. Many of these symbols show up in the goth world, and K does seem to have (or had) an affinity for goths. If James was anything-nazi I'd imagine that would have been a weapon wielded in court by his ex over the custody thing.

Well, she has remarried to a neo-Nazi herself. If anything, it would've stood to reason (imho) for James to bring that fact up in the custody dispute, but he didn't. I didn't know Keanu had an affinity for goths!! I'm trying to imagine him as one right now....Hmm. I like it.

At any rate K picking up his bike at James shop doesn't have any bearing on K and who he is/what he believes :).

Agreed, of course. I didn't mean it like it that either, just that if he'd seen a swastika on JJ's surfboard, I wouldn't have been able to understand his compassion towards JJ.

Anyway, thanks for replying everybody, I guess for the most part it'll have to be "agree to disagree", if that's okay. And...back to more Keanufriendly-themed threads.

xLiving_Deadx2010-04-07 06:54

Forum Posts: 20
Comments: 0

K does seem to have (or had) an affinity for goths.

Jennifer Syme was friends with Marilyn Manson and Keanu attended his wedding when he married Dita Von Teese

fallbreeze2010-04-07 17:25

Forum Posts: 5
I think what Keanu said is nonsense ,and that's smart. If he says only""Yes, of course" without " I mean for everyone." ,than the headlines of the next day may be "Keanu is willing to open his arms to Sandra Bullock", who knows ,that can happen ,since they already said that she cried on his shoulders. And I think if he says out the side he picks ,that means he joins in the discussing of a private thing of a friend , and I think that's not respectful.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.