WINM Forums :: The Website :: Keanu defence part of site comes across as ironic?

Keanu defence part of site comes across as ironic?
Anakin McFly
2010-07-09 15:50

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I just got an e-mail from a Keanu fan saying that:

"on first impression; I thought your website was being ironic. A fuller inspection revealed that you were a die-hard fan."

and this actually isn't the first time that the site was interpreted as sarcastic (I once got hatemail from someone demanding to know why I hated Keanu so much).

He added:

"The absolute worst part though, is your "Wall Of Shame". Not only are the insults very creative for the most part, but your responses or "dismissals" are completely unimaginative and exemplify incorrect English."

SO. Any opinions on this matter? Stuff that should be changed, either in content or tone? How's the Wall of Shame?

Comments are welcome. Thanks!

nafsunaek
2010-07-10 02:01

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Reviews: 0
The tone is a bit ironic, but that's part of the charm. I'd say that it needs the reader not to jump to conclusions and finish reading.
LucaM
2010-07-10 03:45

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
In my humble opinion, the Wall of Shame is genius ;)
It's a mirror of the internet and more specific of movie sites forums.
It defines our enemy ;)
As nafsunaek wrote, one needs to read the whole site and be familiar with IMDB and other forums before 'getting' the vibe of WINM. ;)
I say leave the Wall ( ahem ;)) where it is ;) One suggestion, though : consider removing the comments in bold, leaving just the poster's name. After all, the quotes are pretty relevant as it is ;)

All in all, WINM reflects you, Ani, and your particular sense of humor. Some people get it, some people don't ;)

ckage
2010-07-10 04:58

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
I say add that mail to the Hate Mail/ Wall of Shame archive and don't think about it anymore.

I mean... some of the insults were creative. CREATIVE! ROTFLOLOMGBBQWTF. Put that shyte under Hate Mail, with the definition for "creative" underneath, and leave it at that.

TheTangerine
2010-07-15 12:26

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
luv the wall of shame, when I first came across this site it made me crack up XD.
btw, everything is confusing me, haven'tbeen up to date since we're rarely allowed access to computers at this camp I'm at in China. :/
seer
2010-07-16 05:26

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
The Wall is fine, imo, as is Ani, and I agree with ckage ;).
MmeRenard
2013-12-01 10:13

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
I've just been laughing myself stupid reading the "arguments and rebuttals" section. Not ironic, just freaking hilarious. I love it! But more pictures, puh-leeze!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.