WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: School's Starting...

School's Starting...
ShadowSpark
2010-08-02 14:13

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0
Nine days until school starts!!! I'm gonna be a high school senior in NINE DAYS!! ACK!!! *runs around in circles panicking*
TheTangerine
2010-08-02 22:03

Forum Posts: 385
Reviews: 2
You're freaking out?! I'm gonna be freshmen next month! *runs around in circles panicking more than Spark*
ShadowSpark
2010-08-03 06:27

*Stops running long enough to dump bucket of ice-water over Tangerine's head* Being a freshman isn't all that different from being in 8th grade. I have to start getting ready for collage!!! I'm gonna be 18 in less than SIX MONTHS!!! ACK!!!
lindawn
2010-08-03 08:20

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Relax my poor little babies. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourselves. These are truly the best years of your life. Good friends, good times and lots of laughs that what I remember. The mama in me does caution you to be careful and protect yourself though too. This is spoken from a woman who turns 47 in 17 more days! Now there's something to panic about. How the heck did 30 years go by so fast?!?
ShadowSpark
2010-08-04 06:20

*skids to a halt and stares at lindawn* How are these the best years of my life!?! I have to take AP English!!! *starts running again*
lindawn
2010-08-04 06:41

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Calm down there Spark. If you get all worked up about something it only compounds your anxiety.

In the words of Keanu: "the simple act of paying attention can get you a long way" or something along those lines. So....
1.) always go to class
2.) pay attention to the lesson and teacher.
3.) do your homework
4.) don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

AP English is important. My daughter told me it was single most important class she ever had in high school. It's the one that most prepared her for college.

I am sure everything will be fine. You have shown yourself here on this site just be being a member that you have superior intellect. Good luck! But also remember senior year is about fun times too!

nafsunaek
2010-08-04 07:20

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Listen to lindawn - she speaks wisely!
To her post I would just add that there's time for everything, so don't worry ... it will all be OK, I'm sure.
ShadowSpark
2010-08-04 07:39

*stops running, collapses, and attempts take a deep breath* Thanks for the advice. I'll do my best, and I hope to pass, even if the only reason I'm taking the class is that I need it to graduate. The career I want has absolutely NOTHING to do with languages. I want to work with venomous snakes. Collecting venom for anti-venom and things like that.
TheTangerine
2010-08-04 22:00

:D venomous snakes.
But what if you die like the snake guy on animal planet? D:
I'm still trembling about highschool. Especially highschool marching band... if you're in Symphonic you're required to join marching band. *shudder* I can't march to save my life, or Keanu's life.
*freaks out even more about freshmen bullying and SATs and other scary things*

EDIT: do venomous snakes eat tangerines?

ShadowSpark
2010-08-05 15:21

Snake guy? You mean the Crocodile Hunter? Well, I am going to be working in a place that makes anti-venom...and if I do get hurt, well, it's an occupational hazard I guess...

*Dumps another bucket of ice water over Tangerine's head* You're going to be one frozen fruit if I keep having to do this. Don't worry too much about being bullied. If you are, tell someone. Trust me, even psychological bullying will be stopped, but only if you let someone know. Don't try to deal with it on your own, speaking from personal experience, that doesn't work. SATs are hard, it's true, but the school will teach you the basics and help you study. I found that while taking them, taking a deep breath between each question helps. I didn't take them until junior year. Are you going to be taking them so early? As for marching...I'm afraid I can't help you there. I did a Steel Drums class in freshman year but my school doesn't have a marching band. They will probably teach you how to march, so I wouldn't worry too much.

No, there are NO snakes(venomous or otherwise) that eat tangerines. Snakes are predators, carnivores. They do not eat fruit.

TheTangerine
2010-08-06 00:15

Okay... *shivers from ice water* thanks for the advice. And for the water. It's hot in China.
I'm probably gonna take them early, yes.
About the bullying... I dunno. Some kid got killed in our neighborhood by a gang or something. D: Telling people doesn't neccsarily help.

Maybe Neo can teach me kungfu. :D

ShadowSpark
2010-08-06 06:37

Telling people helped me. But maybe Neo will help you.
TheTangerine
2010-10-21 04:40

*sigh* I'm not liking highschool. During my trip in China everyone else was in marching band camp (I'm in the top band, which means I have to be in marching band unless I'm in a foreign country) and when I got back I discovered all my friends had spontaneously left me. I could use the help of Neo now.

I only dug this forum up because I was reading Spark's forum history counting how many times "....." was written.

ShadowSpark
2010-10-21 10:50

Well, you still have us Tangerine. We are here for you.

*is slightly embarressed* And how many times have I written "...."?

TheTangerine
2010-10-22 08:29

Thanks, Spark. :)

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/forumhistory.php?userid=93&p=3
Unfortunarely, however, it cannot be told to anyone. You have to see it for yourself.

I counted around 35 times on the first 6 pages of your forum history, along with a large handful of one word posts consisting on "huh?" "what?" and "???".

It's ok, don't be embarrassed. :D I write ...... a lot, too. XD

ShadowSpark
2010-10-24 09:26

*facepalms* Um........*facepalms again*
TheTangerine
2010-10-24 12:17

About the bullying... I dunno. Some kid got killed in our neighborhood by a gang or something. D: Telling people doesn't neccsarily help.

Wow, reading my own post further up. XD I was really highschool-phobic. My martial arts skills aren't that bad; I literally fought a fish and won. Our part of the state rarely has gangs anyway.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.