WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: "Derezz! the Oscars" Day - Event

"Derezz! the Oscars" Day - Event
ShadowSpark
2011-03-02 03:42

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0
TRON: LEGACY was completely snubbed from getting any Oscar Nominations in the Best Visual Effects, Best Costume, and Best Score categories for the 83rd Academy Awards which was held on February 27th.

The "Derezz! the Oscars Day" Event was for those who wanted to boycott watching the Oscars the day of its broadcast and instead went to their local movie theater playing TRON: LEGACY to watch it in protest and in support of it not getting nominations for its incredible artistry and creativity...!

--------

Since no theaters in my area were playing Tron Legacy on the 27th, here's what I did for 'Derezz! the Oscars' day: I dressed up in my costume, watched Tron four times, listened to the soundtracks for both movies, worked a bit on my Tron fanfics, went outside to play with my throw-able disk, came back in, watched Tron again, played the story mode of Tron Evolution all the way through, then went to bed. That was my day.

TheTangerine
2011-03-02 07:50

Forum Posts: 385
Reviews: 2
haha. The Flynns would be proud of you.

I did see Tron nominated for one category. Can't remember which.

Meanwhile, Inception won quite a few awards, much to my happiness.

ShadowSpark
2011-03-02 10:04

Forum Posts: 541
Reviews: 0

haha. The Flynns would be proud of you.

I would hope so. I'm currently wearing one of my many Tron shirts - something I do almost every day. :)

I did see Tron nominated for one category. Can't remember which.

It was nominated for Best Sound Editing.

Meanwhile, Inception won quite a few awards, much to my happiness.

I still haven't seen Inception. I want to, though.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.