WINM Forums :: The Website :: A Note About Photos

A Note About Photos
Anakin McFly
2011-07-05 00:19

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Since a few people have brought this up before in the guestbook...

WINM is primarily an archive. I post articles that I think have some level of news value, and sometimes these come with photos which will get posted along with the articles (and are then uploaded separately into the gallery).

Unfortunately, yes, some of those photos are paparazzi photos. I'd like to state here that I do not condone the invasion of privacy that some of them entail, and would not post them on their own if they were not relevant to an article that would otherwise seem incomplete or incomprehensible - for instance, the entire Sad Keanu meme and consecutive Cheer Up Keanu Day was a hugely important event in Keanu fandom, and a pap photo was the source of it all. It would have been near impossible to understand the larger event without that photo.

This is the general principle I work with when it comes to uploading photos that accompany articles. If the photos in question are irrelevant to the article, I'll usually leave them out. Whereas if the article is based around those photos, and the photos are integral to understanding what the article is talking about, then I'll keep them in.

Ultimately, the point of the archive is to archive things about Keanu. Just like how some of the articles here aren't very nice ones, the same goes for photos. I'm trying to keep the archive neutral and comprehensive, including both the good and the bad. This is just showing you what's out there.

To paraphrase someone: What you do with it is a choice I leave to you.

LucaM
2011-07-05 00:28

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

What you do with it is a choice I leave to you.

ahem ;)

for what's worth, I agree with your take on the above.

Anakin McFly
2011-07-05 00:29

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The Matrix = RELEVANT TO EVERYTHING.
:D
LucaM
2011-07-05 00:32

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
YES :D
ARYA
2011-07-05 06:09

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Where's the guestbook?

Duh, I found it. Archiving does not mean censoring does it? If guest is not happy with content here, oh well. I am continually in disagreement with many things on every keanu site but so what? We all know what opinions are like don't we? :)

@anakin Yes I agree that the matrix trilogy covered everything we ever need to know.

Giladora
2011-07-06 00:20

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
Reviews: 0

The Matrix = RELEVANT TO EVERYTHING

exactly :D

I guess these things happens when your a guest , MAYBE ??:D
when i was a guest , i said things that now It seems not so right about WINM , when I understood what lies beneath this Group of people ,and how things going on here regarding to Keanu.

Fiercelyred2011-07-06 02:47

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
I agree as well, Anakin. Re the Matrix: its awesomeness hasn't expired in the least it would seem, if being included in the Keep calm-meme is anything to go by:

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.