WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Early Birthday Present for Me

Early Birthday Present for Me
lindawn
2011-07-07 10:25

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Reviews: 0
You all probably don't know this, but as well as being a Keanu fan I am also a lifelong fan of another celebrity. I have loved him since I was 17 years old, over 30 years now. It is Rick Springfield. Well, I am going to see him in concert again on Friday night and my daughter just surprised me with an early birthday present. She got me a sound check pass for the show. OMG! I get to meet Rick, sit in on the sound check in the afternoon, get a photo and an autograph. OMG! I am freaking out. I am so excited but really nervous too. What do I say? How do I not act like a complete idiot? What do I wear? Should I bring him a gift? If yes, what do I bring? AHHH!
ARYA
2011-07-07 22:21

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Breathe, be in the moment. Smile. Pass on the gift giving. Your 30 year fandom is gift enuf. :)
AdriannaM.
2011-07-07 22:36

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Congrats! Just have fun, I agree with ARYA - no gift necessary, just enjoy and don't let stress and nerves ruin the moment. I hope you have an awesome time and take pics for us :D
LucaM
2011-07-07 23:14

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
wow, that's quite a present ! :)

what the ladies said. enjoy the moment, just be yourself and if needed, improvise ;)

nafsunaek
2011-07-08 06:35

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Everything Arya, Adrianna and Luca said. Just enjoy the moment! And happy birthday, when it comes!
lindawn
2011-07-08 21:05

The Big Day is here. Believe it or not I actually slept really well last night! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I went shopping last night and got a nice new top to wear. Light, casual, but with a little sparkle.
I am taking the advice about not getting a gift. It really is too short of a notice to get creative and find something unique. I think he will appreciate my smile anyway:)
I will be back to give a report and hopefully have a couple pictures. I am not a big picture taker though. I prefer to live in the moment and create memories versus seeing everything through a camera lens.
lindawn
2011-07-10 06:58

What a great day! Sound check was awesome. Like our own private mini concert. Then Rick came down to meet us. First he signed as many autographs as we wanted, then took pictures with each of us individually. He seemed a little out of sorts cause he had to switch planes, was late getting there and ended up not having his luggage so he was in the same clothes as the day before. But he was still so gracious and nice and sincere. He is really thin but so hot and totally does not look his age. One girl brought him chocolate covered Peeps and he couldn't stop eating them Even though he is a vegan and doesn't eat dairy he said he would make an exception for those:) While siging things he set his coffee cup down right next to me. Maybe I should have taken a sip:) Didn't think of it in the moment though:( One girl who had Rick tattoos all over her had Rick autograph her chest and she was going today to have it made into a tattoo. Now that is extreme fandom! I told him how happy I was to meet him and he said he was glad to meet me too. While signing one of my old concert programs from the 80's, he said that one was his favorite, that it turned out the best of all he has ever had. Told him it was my favorite too. In all we had about 45 minutes with him. Concert later at night was fantastic as usual. He was back to his usual energetic and funny self. Said he had been in NYC doing 2 days of press and how much he hates it and how glad he was there playing for us cause that is what he really loves to do. He was much more improvisational than any other time I have seen him in concert.
I will try to put in a link for pictures. I hope it works. I am extremely technologically challanged but I will give it a try.
I can scratch meeting Rick off my bucket list. Now if someday I just meet Keanu, I can die a happy and fufilled person:)
Meeting Rick 070811
ARYA
2011-07-10 11:47

good to read your story! that link does not work.
Donna_J
2011-07-10 17:51

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
You had a very good day! but

Now if someday I just meet Keanu, I can die a happy and fufilled person:)

:D Just don't die. What would Keanu do if all his fans died after meeting him ;D (even if they die happy)))
2011-07-11 07:05
[ Post deleted by poster ]
lindawn
2011-07-11 07:06

https://picasaweb.google.com/101942166090617858161/MeetingRick070811?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKjFl5785KiwgwE&feat=directlink

Try this link to my album of pictures. See if this one works

ARYA
2011-07-11 11:49

thanks lindawn! He performs with his shirt off? Wow.
AdriannaM.
2011-07-12 03:22

NYCE Lindawn! He is pretty hot. That is such a cute picture. Are you gonna frame it and hang it up? I'm so happy for you - I totally relate to that star struck, ear-to-ear smile, lol. Really glad you got to meet him! My pics with Keanu are still floating around the interwebs and on my computer. I haven't even developed them yet. The autograph is still sitting in my scanner. It's okay, it's only been like 8 months, lol. I'm putting it off because I want to have it all custom framed $$$ (eventually). :D

Congratulations and happy birthday!:)

ARYA
2011-07-12 04:54

@Adrianna, I understand about custom framing and it does look nice but you are an artist and a collage of your experience will be fun for you to make and a treasure too. All you need to buy is a large frame with backing and some modge podge, and your memorabilia of course. Just throwing an idea out there. :)
AdriannaM.
2011-07-12 05:42

I was thinking about it, but I'd have to get acid-free paper, special glass and tape etc.
lindawn
2011-07-12 09:21

Well it's back to the real world today. Back at work but my coworkers all commented that I was smiling so much today. Guess that smile hasn't left my face yet:)
Yes, I want to get the picture framed and it needs to be something nice. Gotta look for just the right one. My first thought is maybe something pewter.

The other thing that made me smile this weekend was I got my copy of O2H from Amazon. When I ordered they said 3 months for shipping but I got it in only 1 week!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.