WINM Forums :: The Library :: NEW ARTICLE

NEW ARTICLE
ARYA
2011-10-06 00:27

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Email this story Printable version

Keanu Reeves would rather handcuff himself to a bed than go for a demon ride on his motorbike.

The Hollywood star is known for his passion for powerful bikes. He admits he used to go for demon rides in his younger years – which involve racing a motorbike at night with the headlights switched off.

Keanu has now realised this is an irresponsible and dangerous hobby, admitting he was crying out for help.

“I think we deal with our emotions differently when we are older, and I think the demon rides were a way for me to blow off steam when I was younger,” he told the British edition of GQ magazine. “It just always seemed to be at night. You know, some of those rides, I guess that was the outcome they wanted. So now, when I get those feelings, I think maybe I’ll just handcuff myself to the bed. Wait for the sun to come up.”

The 47-year-old actor has been involved in several motorbike accidents.

During one infamous ride around Topanga Canyon in California, Keanu came off his bike after taking a corner too quickly. The crash left him shaken and he decided to be more careful on the road.

“That was the first time I thought I was going to die. I was on this road, at night, and I came around a turn going too fast and hit the side of the mountain. I remember thinking, ‘I’m dead.’ And then it all went black. The next thing I knew was I was off the bike. But shock is a tremendous thing. Shock helps you carry on to the next stage of survival!” Keanu explained. “That was also the first time in my life that I cried out for help. Which is embarrassing. But I just didn’t want to die. And then this sound came out of the darkness and it said, ‘Help is on its way.’ Then I saw the ambulance coming up the canyon. When I got to the hospital they said I had internal bleeding and I ended up in hospital for a week."

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H=Keanu-Reeves:-I%E2%80%99ve-stopped-demon-bike-rides&nItemID=7394

[why oh why would he mention himself handcuffed to his bed???...]

inkhuldra
2011-10-06 01:07

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Unnnffff.... Keanu in handcuffs. I think I'll go take a shower now. A cold shower. Very cold.

Edit:

Hey waitasec! An interview in British GQ? When? I can't remember him ever mentioning handcuffs in any interviews, printed or otherwise. I think I would have noticed if he had. So does this mean that there is or has recently been an interview in GQ?

Edit II:

A search for "Keanu" on GQ's site gave me nothing. Thankfully, a Goggle search for "Keanu site:http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/" gave me this:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/magazine/2011/november

Somehow I doubt this is worth the price of the magazine. However, I could be wrong. Do we have anyone in Britain who could check it out?

LucaM
2011-10-06 01:39

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
resisting the call of the night, Keanu?
eh, it's your choice.
just careful not to lose that key ;)

btw, the interview's gonna be published in the November 2011 edition of the British GQ. Maybe someone can obtain the whole interview, for the archive?
just sayin' ;)
edit : ink... apparently we had the same idea :)
ARYA
2011-10-06 01:42

I am confident it will be posted somewhere when it comes out and I wont have to buy it. I am not so confident I can get the image of him handcuffed to his bed out of my mind. The key phrase here is "out of my mind"
inkhuldra
2011-10-06 05:18

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Fellow Keanu fan @SmileySueS on Twitter says she'll go have a look at it tomorrow. It's expensive, though, so she might not buy it if the Keanu content is negligible.

I may be able to get a hold of it here in Norway, but I'd have to go into town for it. If @SmileySueS says it's worth buying, I'll find a way to convince myself that I really should go to Arendal for a little shopping spree.

Giladora
2011-10-06 10:34

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22

Unnnffff.... Keanu in handcuffs. I think I'll go take a shower now. A cold shower. Very cold.

the same here

LucaM
2011-10-09 03:33

http://imageshack.us/f/849/eaace1597d04.jpg/

this photo should come with a warning label. or several.
... not able to write them, though ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66378787@N03/

btw, does anyone here own an iPad?
this is why
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gq-magazine-uk/id439884658?mt=8

maria89
2011-10-09 04:16

Forum Posts: 36
Comments: 0
i downloaded it...i can give you the link, but it's really large file. i can edit it and leave just the pages that keanu is in..

where do i upload it so you can get it though?

LucaM
2011-10-09 04:41

Maria, thanks :)
I guess the best would be to send the pages to Ani, so then they will be uploaded in the archive and we'd all read them...
maria89
2011-10-09 04:45

well its in .pdf. its just to the 2nd page there is a mark of the website that uploaded it in the first place, but it not disturbing..

sooo, how do i send it to Ani?

LucaM
2011-10-09 04:57

admin@whoaisnotme.net
maria89
2011-10-09 04:59

Ok.thanks..
Chiara
2011-10-09 18:49

Forum Posts: 215
Comments: 1

this photo should come with a warning label. or several.

Dear God on Heaven!The intensity in his eyes sent shivers down my spine!
Luca,thanks for sharing. I so enjoy reading about his non celebrity attitude.Makes me kind of proud of him always.

nafsunaek
2011-10-09 23:21

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Thanks for sharing!
ARYA
2011-10-09 23:37

@ Chiara, I totally agree he is looking intense in those pics. And we had to know if he's gonna endorse anything it will be something he really likes. The writer/interviewer did a sweet job with sharing the experience of an afternoon out with reeves. 0-60 in 3 seconds? My god! That is quick!
Is there more to the interview on IPad?

BTW, remember when Jay Leno told him that the new Ducati was a really cool bike? I wonder if he meant the Diavel?

maria89
2011-10-09 23:55

Is there more to the interview on IPad?

i think that's the whole interview.
LucaM
2011-11-16 01:38

visited my twitter account for the first time in the past two weeks (yeah... I know. me and social media don't always agree ;) ) and found this

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2011-11/07/gq-cars-keanu-reeves-on-the-ducati-diavel/hollywood

ARYA
2012-11-28 06:54

http://fluctuat.premiere.fr/Cinema/News/Keanu-Reeves-l-homme-du-futur-3243994

http://fluctuat.premiere.fr/Cinema/News/Keanu-Reeves-l-homme-du-futur-3243994

google translate

Actors of his generation, the 90s and postmodernism, the actor Keanu Reeves will remain the most exciting. A permanent enigma. A perpetual happening. Zen body. Face mineral. A timeless presence. Keanu Reeves where the art of visible simultaneously and the absence of the event and a faint same gesture. An actor of pure movement, often minimalist. An actor's breath inside. The Wachowski brothers had not chosen by chance. They saw in him the figure promised to western oriental techniques, this new man would no longer be made a culture but a large gap sublimating, synthesizing, and beyond the principle of crossbreeding Eastern culture with Western . In other words, the Wachowskis had seen in him the man of the future, here and elsewhere, levitating on our small borders. We're not talking the everyday man. In this regard, little is known about him. We speak of man as he is on the screen. As it appears, moves, emerges. As it is defined in his films and roles.

We may find our vision of Keanu Reeves a bit excessive. But whatever. In addition to being beautiful, it's fascinating. And do not laugh at his game, so clean it almost threatens to disappear, as in The Day the Earth Stood Still. We must understand that his method is truly the one found in oriental disciplines, such as, for example, letting go, stay away, let slip his roles on its surface do exist for regulating energy. It is not surprising therefore to learn that Reeves is currently in talks to produce his first film as director. And even fewer know that there is a question of martial arts and its title is Man of Tai Chi. This is obvious. He chose Shakespeare, his career, or at least since Matrix, would seem inconsistent. There is clear. For the technical aspect, the film will be a co-production between Sino-American Village Roadshow and China Film Group and should be shot in Mandarin and English. Needless to say, the expectation is high.

Meanwhile, Keanu Reeves will be playing in 2012, 47 Ronin, a classic Japanese cinema not already read Kenji Mizoguchi and Kon Ichikawa.

from the wall at VK.com

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.