SORRY FOR NEGLECT
Anakin McFly
2011-10-25 00:38

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
HI EVERYONE

Sorry for my vague neglect of this site (though it's nowhere near how neglected http://www.sam-rockwell.com has been... oh man i feel so guilty about that thing >_>).

Over the past couple months or so I've been having a job and earning money like a good adult person, so that's been taking up my time; when I get home I'm usually too tired to do anything but scroll mindlessly through the pretty pictures on Tumblr (you can find me at http://anivad42.tumblr.com), blame Misha Collins for the world's various ills, and co-write fan fiction about Zachary Quinto's characters at Hogwarts.

So there's been a slight backlog of updates accumulating, though I try to get any breaking news up here. It's the more irrelevant or redundant stuff that gets ignored for the time being (everyone already knows that Keanu's directing Man of Tai Chi, right? Right). But if, say, Keanu finally starts work on Passengers, I'd definitely get that up here asap.

Thank you so much to inkhuldra, LucaM and the others who have been dutifully posting updates on the forums. You guys keep the site alive. <3

I stop work at the end of this week, so by then I should be free once again to Do Stuff before my honours year of college starts in January, whereupon I'd probably still be free to do stuff because I'm kind of a slacker.

In the meantime, all of you are awesome. Thanks for making WINM what it is and contributing to the amazing community that we have here. We've now passed 200 members, you're all either human or very clever spambots, and I love all of you. You will get cake.

inkhuldra
2011-10-25 01:07

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Cake? Yes please!

I'd like to have a happy cupcake (like these: http://sweetelement.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/smile/), preferably with Our Man attached to it.

It could be glued to his body with particularly sweet and sticky icing, for instance.

LucaM
2011-10-25 01:10

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
CAKE \\o/
... hopefully it's not a lie ;)

don't worry, if I read/hear the slightest rumor (even if from ugossip) about Keanu starting work on Passengers, I'll flood your inbox and twitter ;)

and I will post on this site for as long as it stays online and I am alive. planning to be the oldest person in Keanu fandom. Even when I'm old and gray and surrounded by cats, will keep posting; even if I'll have to use a Braille keyboard to do it. oh wait, by that time we'll all have brain implants and be living in virtual constructs and...

Anakin McFly
2011-10-25 01:12

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
maybe we already are.
inkhuldra
2011-10-25 01:22

The Matrix has you!
LucaM
2011-10-25 02:08

... I KNEW IT!
it's that bloody black cat.
and I've lost my token... oh wait, wrong movie.

is there any of that Dozer's home-er-hovercraft-made moonshine left? someone pass the jug, please...

lindawn
2011-10-26 08:51

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
No worries Ani. RL does have a nasty habit of interrupting quite frequently. But I would love some cake!:)

Luca: I always thought I would be the oldest living Keanu fan. Maybe we can share the title and a room in the nursing home. When Alzheimer's or dementia sets in, we can live out life as permanent teenagers. Have Keanu dream boy pillowcases to snuggle up with, posters all over the walls and Keanu playing on the TV (or whatever we have by then) all day long. Doesn't sound like a bad way to live to me:D

BlueGem
2011-10-26 09:25

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Count me in, lindawn and luca.
inkhuldra
2011-10-26 17:21

Me too, me too! I've been a Ke fan long enough that I used to be a Gardener. You younger guys, have you ever heard of the Garden of Keanadu? No? It's the stuff of legends even to the few who *have* heard of it.

I was a Gardener. I'm ancient. Moss and lichen grow on me. I started the article archive that now lives happily right here in the Library. I called my site "The Norwegian Wood", and it had something like 150 articles. Its degree of awesome, while being below nothing in today's age, was great enough that it got mentioned in a Singaporean magazine. Today, the archive lives on, with 2500+ articles, on WINM's web server in ---- Singapore.

It's stuff like this that makes me believe that the answer is 42, no matter what the question is.
lindawn
2011-10-26 19:06

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
I do remember the Garden. But when I was first thunderstruck by Keanu awesomeness, the site I went to most was Emily's Keanu Corner. I learned all the basic Keanu facts there:) Are you out there Emily? If you are, I will take the time now to say Thank You!
LucaM
2011-10-26 23:26

ok,everyone- it's a deal ;)

Ani, here's your choice to study fandom and its side effects over the years ;)
with a bit of luck we might get our 15 minutes of fame after all. us, the Trekkies and the Kinsey reports ;) :D

inkhuldra - nope, did not visit the Garden; I discovered the internet only in 2005 :(

2011-10-26 23:32
[ Post deleted by poster ]
maria89
2011-10-26 23:32

Forum Posts: 36
Comments: 0
um..Guys? what is the Garden? i don't get it... :/
inkhuldra
2011-10-27 02:28

LucaM, I got on the internet in 1994, I think it was. Back then the web looked more or less like this:

http://budugllydesign.com/archivebud/bud9609/bud.html

And I loved it. :-D

LucaM
2011-10-27 02:46

omg! all the things I missed! :(

but then, as Seer is fond of saying, everything happens for a reason ;)

inkhuldra
2011-10-27 03:31

Sorry, I meant to show you this version:

http://budugllydesign.com/archivebud/bud9806/bud.html

Check out the ingenious Bud-Nav System. Also, be sure to check out their awesome Design Tips. Actually, just check out everything. It's worth every click, believe me.

Then, when you've recovered from all of that, it's on to Badi Dea Motors 1999! Click on all the models and feast your eyes on the amazing presentations and list of features:

http://budugllydesign.com/archivebud/badidea/badidea.html

:-D

inkhuldra
2011-10-27 04:16

Maria, the Garden of Keanadu was an e-mail based forum for Keanu fans. Web forums, such as the one here on WINM, didn't really exist back then. Instead, the Gardeners would send e-mails to an automatic mailbot, which then sent it on to every member on the e-mailing list.

The Garden was an amazing meeting place for Keanu fans, and we had lots of fun there. The internet was still such a small place, a global village. Most companies didn't have websites yet, and people mostly had internet access from work or at school (colleges, universities). Gardeners would get together for Dogstar concerts or to hang out at film locations, and there was a number of Gardeners in Winnipeg for Keanu's Hamlet performances. I went to Chicago when Keanu was filming Chain Reaction there, and I got to meet a number of awesome Gardeners, and also got to see Dogstar twice.

maria89
2011-10-27 18:51

Forum Posts: 36
Comments: 0
Thank you inkhuldra!you are very luck to experience all that...i bet you had a great time back then!

well, i must say i'm a bit jealous i wasn't born a little earlier..!

inkhuldra
2011-10-28 14:53

Well, it was definitely fun. Me and some other Gardeners got a room at the hotel where he was staying, and we had a party in the room (while making sure to be quiet). The hotel was huge so there really was no chance of actually seeing him, but that didn't matter. It was enough knowing that he was there somewhere.

Now, I will continue this post under The Films of Keanu Reeves / Chain Reaction, to share the story about how I was an extra in the movie. This should be a direct link there: http://www.whoaisnotme.net/forums/view.php?threadid=465

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.