WINM Forums :: The Website :: "Forum posts" list on front page - a suggestion

"Forum posts" list on front page - a suggestion
inkhuldra
2011-10-29 17:24

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Ani, I've been thinking. There's been an increase in the frequency of new posts in the forum (yay!), and the list of the latest forum posts on the front page, in the right column, only shows the last five posts.

Do you think it might be an idea to increase the number to, say, seven or eight?

I also think it might be an idea to include an IMG ALT and TITLE text string to the "Thank You, Keanu" image on the front page. I'm not very good at explaining this, but having an IMG ALT="text string" used to show a "balloon textbox" when hovering over the image with the mouse arrow. In the latest browser versions this no longer works, so they now require the code IMG TITLE="text string", which I'm sure you know because you know HTML much better than I do.

Anyway, what I'm suggesting is an addition of IMG ALT="text string" to explain to the visually impaired what the image is, and the TITLE="text string" for more detailed info about what "Thank You, Keanu" is all about. Just so that people don't have to click on the image to find out what's behind it.

Did this make sense at all?

Edit: Another thing: Quite often when I submit a post I get logged out. I don't know if this happens because I've messed up the settings in Firefox. Has anyone else reported this as being a problem?

LucaM
2011-10-29 17:41

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
ink - Firefox 7.0.1 works just fine for me, I stay logged in for one month (as per WINM settings). :\\

Anakin McFly
2011-10-29 22:49

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
All right, done both. :D
Yeah, one of these days I'll probably go through the site and try to make it more accessible for the visually impaired.

Don't know about the logging out problem, though. :\\ I've never had that issue. When did it start? Because I haven't changed anything recently with regards to the log in system. It might have to do with your cookie settings, maybe...

inkhuldra
2011-10-30 02:24

The problem with getting logged out started a while back, and it only happens every now and then. I can't see any pattern. Anywhoodles, if it's just me then the problem is at my end.

One of life's many mysteries.

LucaM
2011-10-30 02:34

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
ink - maybe there's a slight incompatibility issue between Firefox and your hounds...
try sending the dogs out of the house then see what happens ;)
inkhuldra
2011-10-30 03:20

Ah yes, that would explain everything! Poor fox! Perhaps it gets a nervous hiccup when it hears the dogs bark at the neighbours' cats hunting in the garden.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.