WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: Yet Another Virus...

Yet Another Virus...
ShadowSpark
2012-06-17 16:41

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0
And my computer picked up another virus.

As soon as I opened an application and made two moves with it - i.e. open the internet and go to a site, or open a word document and try to paste something, it froze and I had to do a force-shut-down. I couldn't even get my disk defragmentor to work. So my Dad spent three days trying to disinfect it. Too bad I couldn't get Tron(or Beck, I'd have taken either of them at this point) to give me a hand.

Four days later, I have my computer back working again. Dad had to basically rebuild the system from the ground up, so I'm still going though all my back-up drives hunting for all my lost files. I lost all my internet bookmarks as well, so I have to go find all those sites again. I could use Clu's help with this. Clu1, that is, not Clu2. My system doesn't need perfecting, I just need help finding my files. And if I could find out who wrote the virus that caused this mess, I'd go punch him/her/it on the nose. Hard. I wouldn't soil my disk by using it on such scum.

LucaM
2012-06-19 03:27

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
... I know how that feels; went through something similar in 2008. :(
'frustrating' doesn't even come close to describing it.
but look on the bright side- it's a forced spring cleaning :|

ShadowSpark
2012-06-21 10:42

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Reviews: 0

... I know how that feels; went through something similar in 2008. :(
'frustrating' doesn't even come close to describing it.
but look on the bright side- it's a forced spring cleaning :|

Having to go search though /everything/ to find my files is not what I'd call spring cleaning. And I have to find all the sites I bookmarked and re-bookmark them. So my appearances may be more sporadic than usual. Thanks for the sympathy, though.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.