WINM Forums :: The Website :: Merging with the old WINM boards

Merging with the old WINM boards
Anakin McFly
2014-08-19 13:50

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I'm not sure how many of you were around back when this site was new and the WINM forums were hosted on a free forum over here: http://z15.invisionfree.com/WINM_Forums/index.php

(most of it is members-only, unfortunately.)

I recently found out that it would be possible to get an archive of those posts from the forum host, for $20. So I'll be doing that, because there were some great discussions there and general fun things that I don't want to potentially lose.

Some of the members on the old forum are members here; others aren't, and others had different names. So now there are a few options:

1) Merge that forum with this one. This means that for those of you who had accounts on there, your old posts would also be accessible (and editable, etc) on these boards. For users who had accounts there but not here, they'll be displayed like guest posters but with their old username instead of just 'Guest' (and it won't be much use replying to them, because chances are they haven't been here in years). Ancient threads can be revived if you so wish, and so on.

2) Create a separate archive forum. So it'll be on a different part of this site, where people can go to browse for old times' sake, but you won't be able to interact with anything there - you can't post or edit old posts. It'll basically be a read-only forum.

3) Leave it off this site altogether. So I'll have the forums archived on my own computer for safekeeping, and nothing will change here.

Let me know your thoughts!

Spirit
2014-08-21 00:41

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Don't know how valid my vote is considering I wasn't part of the old forums, but considering that pretty much the only thing I've done on here is read/revive old forums, I think it'd be cool to have the old ones merge with the new.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.