WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: celebrity: a good idea for whom?

celebrity: a good idea for whom?
MmeRenard
2015-04-24 04:01:21

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Reviews: 0
OK, we've been watching the Usual Suspects for trashing Keanu, but what has sent me over the edge today is some asshole calling himself a "journalist" trashing RDJ [by] prodding and poking about his DISTANT past. What the hell is that? How charming that UG is right in there calling RDJ names for walking out. Hello? And Piers Morgan? What is this? Make yourself "newsworthy" by being a complete dick (in the worst sense) by asking "the tough questions"? what questions are those that RDJ hasn't answered a million times over the years?

He's an inspiration, a good man, a superb actor. What the hell?

My question, for whom except money-grubbing twits who couldn't do a creative thing or a day's work if their lives depended on it (I mean studio executives, f'in' papps, disgraceful hangers-on and sycophants of all stripes)? No creative good is served, period. Quite the opposite. It's a crazy factory.

Your thoughts?

silver
2015-04-24 22:19:14

Forum Posts: 82
Comments: 4
Reviews: 21
Downey puts up with many personal questions over the years. I would say, he is one of a few actors who are very up front with their past. He's said he did Black-tar Heroin. He's said he has done other drugs starting at a young age. He speaks about what's it like to change diapers on the go, as a busy dad. So I don't know what this so called "Journalist" could have asked him, but it must have crossed some line with Downey, for him to walk out. Perhaps there was a better way to let his dislike for the tone of questions be known, or maybe he did state his peace about the situation. If the interviewer continued after Downey said he didn't want to answer those type of questions, then he had every right to walk out. Maybe Downey was having a bad day already, and was on a short fuse anyway. The point is, it happened, and I'm sure many of us would have walked out too. I know I would have.
MmeRenard
2015-04-25 02:24:31

Hey, Silver, thank you for your response. The interviewer had also in the past demanded from Qunetin Tarantino if he thought his films caused violence, and Tarantino properly walked out. This is a "journalist" who seeks (and unfortunately gets) attention by being a jerk.

There has got to be some point where someone's past, which they have worked hard to overcome, should be left in the past. I don't hold to the notion that celebrity is precisely the same as prostitution, where anything goes in the name of a buck. Maybe harsh, but there is this notion that everything a celebrity does is fair game, personal life, family, friends, all of it. And that sucks.

Anyway, here's the link, you can decide for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBwaO-rAsE

anita7722015-04-26 05:53:18

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
The idiot "journalist" asked RDJ if he felt his Dad got him hooked on drugs. That issue is history, RJD is doing great, and the journo was well out of line. Personally, if I met RDJ, I'd have to hold myself back from blurting out "I'm so happy you're alive!"... because it was touch and go for a while there, but he pulled himself out and is a remarkable example of what a person can overcome.
MmeRenard
2015-04-26 06:35:05

I couldn't agree more, Anita. And I find it interesting that "journalists" (and journalists) were not so hot and bothered about WMD or about the possibility that Edward Snowden was speaking some truth - but they, and the creepy / disgusting element of "fan-dumb" are ALL over "how could he walk out! that's so RUDE!"
Ah, priorities.
Anakin McFly
2015-05-06 16:13:29

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
For a slight change of tone...

MmeRenard
2015-05-06 17:45:34

Thank you :-)

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.