WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Don't know if this was a Keanu reference or

Don't know if this was a Keanu reference or
Anakin McFly
2008-12-28 19:42:13

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
film "Stealing Christmas"

Watched it last night.
-> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380728/

Entertaining Christmas flick. But this kept bugging me; though I admit they are common names, but all the same, among the main characters there were people named:

Protagonist = Jack Clayton (like Jjaks would have been named if not for the typo)

Jack's good friend, Harry - just like in Speed, and also Keanu's character in The Last Time I Committed Suicide

Emily Sutton

*twitches*

Actually written out here it doesn't seem that amazing. BUT IT WAS WHEN I WAS WATCHING THE FILM, because it was one name revealed after another...

What's especially strange is that - if they were references - they are all of Keanu films filmed one after another in the 1994 - 1995 period:
Speed -> The Last Time I Committted Suicide -> Feeling Minnesota -> A Walk in the Clouds

ARRRGGGHHH
...oh wait no. They skipped Johnny Mnemonic and Chain Reaction. Okay. This is less creepy now.

(Though there was also a guy named Harlan, but that's the actor's name too so it probably doesn't count.)

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.