WINM Forums :: The Website :: TDTESS opening period site maintenance

TDTESS opening period site maintenance
Anakin McFly
2008-11-15 16:31:14

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I'll be away in Australia from the 6th to 21st December, most of it spent in the mountains of Tasmania far away from civilisation and Internet and TDTESS.

By the time I get back it would have been released for over a week, reviews and fish and spoilers would be everywhere and I still wouldn't have watched the film.

So, uh... can you help me keep track of articles and news and stuff? Save them all into a file or something, so that when I get back I can just stick them up on the site. And fish! Keep up the SWATing! I don't know if I'll join in until I see the movie, because there might be spoilers. Might have to put myself in temporary quarantine away from the boards, like I did when Street Kings came out.

I'll miss all the fun. And then all the good fish will have probably sunk to the bottom and been wiped off the face of IMDb or deleted by admins.

NINE DAYS. NINE DAYS. ARGGGGHHH. And I don't know how soon after that I'll manage to watch the thing.
LucaM
2008-11-16 19:52:18

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
will save as many articles as I can.

won't go fishing though until I see the movie myself.

keanugirl762008-11-17 15:03:57

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

will save as many articles as I can.

won't go fishing though until I see the movie myself.

So do I
Fiercelyred2008-11-19 02:35:15

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
Same here. Anakin, have you thought about branching out into other languages? I could try to find and then translate German interviews, if there are any. For Street Kings K did an interview for German reporters where he seemed a little more relaxed than usual, when he's being interviewed I mean.
LucaM
2008-11-19 03:05:29

you could translate from German ?

good to know...

then could you please translate this

thanks...
Anakin McFly
2008-11-19 09:31:11

ADMIN

Yeah, I have other languages in my collection (about 100 worth of them), but I didn't stick them up on the site because there were no translations available and it was also hard to format them because of the different non-English characters used in the language.

But if you find any and translate them, go ahead and send both (original and translation) to me.
keanugirl762008-11-19 13:49:35

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Good idea

I'll do the same with Italian, ok?
Anakin McFly
2008-11-19 13:55:51

ADMIN

Sure. Thanks!
Fiercelyred2008-11-20 03:18:44

Forum Posts: 125
Comments: 2
There you go Luca. (Any native English speakers who see mistakes, could they point them out? I want to improve my English. Thanks.)

http://www.bunte.de/szene/bambi-2008/schau...s_aid_7284.html

BAMBI 2008 FOR KEANU REEVES

Of all Hollywood stars, he is the most mysterious one: ever since the Matrix trilogy American actor Keanu Reeves is one the superstars of the cinema. His biggest successes were roles in the science fiction genre. His newest movie, The day the earth stood still, falls in that category as well. The Bambi 2008 in the category "International actor" (literally: international play) is awarded to Keanu Reeves.

An excerpt from the jury's motivation: Keanu Reeves has shown his extraordinary acting talents in many genres, in comedies and in romantic movies. His true calling however, is to science fiction movies. No other actor portrays as convincingly the heroes of the technology-marked 21st century as Keanu Reeves in the Marix trilogy does. In doing so, he doesn't fall back on any mannerisms whatsoever, but relies completely on his strong, almost magnetic camera presence. Onscreen, Reeves always comes across as cool, superior and sometimes even as someone who is not from this earth - like the characters he plays. In his new movie TDTESS he descends from outer space to the earth to fulfill a mission.

Keanu Reeves, born in 1964 in Beirut, grew up in Australia, America and Canada. After parts in films like Dangerous Liaisons and River's edge, he successfully broke through as a lead actor with Bill and Ted's excellent adventures in 1988. The action movie Speed with Sandra Bullock proved to be a big hit. In Something's gotta give he gave a convincing performance, next to Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. The Matrix trilogy, that deals with the question whether our universe is real or just an illusion, made Keanu Reeves worldfamous. But even before he filmed the Matrix Keanu dove headfirst into the world of the future with Johnny Mnemonic - just like in his newest movie TDTESS, that will come out december 11st. When we're talking about science fiction and Hollywood, Keanu Reeves is the first name that comes to mind!
Anakin McFly
2008-11-22 18:21:08

ADMIN

Thanks! I've uploaded that article -> http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/2008_1113_bam.htm and credited you for the translation.

Not many mistakes (I always thought you were a native English speaker. ), just minor corrections - "is one the superstars of the cinema" should be "is one of the superstars of the cinema"; "that deals with the question of whether..."

And capitalisation of the titles and 'December'.
LucaM
2008-11-23 00:54:28

Fiercelyred - vielen, vielen Dank !

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.