Sweet November running commentary
Anakin McFly
2008-11-11 10:21:53

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Whoa count: 15/16

This movie is unexpectedly amusing. I'm actually paying more attention to it than I did to Point Break.

Vince looks strangely like Ben Stiller, but blond.

"You cannot take the test with you into the bathroom. If you do not come back from the bathroom, you cannot pass the test."

"Guess I'm going to hell." ...Was that a DA reference? unsure.gif

Yes, hot dogs can totally hear you when you speak to them. Sometimes they'll talk back!

"We have a tub full of fudge!"

AHH A CAT. IS IT BLACK? IS IT A DEJA VU CAT?

...Wow, he just said a run of 15 whoas in one breath. This is worse than Utah. *sics Donnie on Nelson*

AHHH HE OWNS A FISH. That's his problem, right there.

Being philosophical about hot dogs. Totally. Nice ad though. Now I'm hungry. It works. Though they get progressively less interesting. I like the first fire one best.

Nelson is amusing. He shall sleep on the floor and be stepped on by people passing him on the way to the toilet. Kevin Lomax gets the sofa.

He's also giving off vague Tom Ludlow vibes.

doggie. <3 Ernie! <3 Is the cat called Bert?

Poor watch. yay it got rescued!

Day in hell, totally.

People who give away other people's clothes are evil. People keep threatening my wardrobe with that. >_> One once attempted to forcefully make me change my clothes at a train station.

I like cheese.

GAH HIS NAME IS CHAZ. WHERE IS JOHN.

I like Abner.

What's with the dogs. Is that even legal?

USE THE FORCE, NELSON.

Oi. Surfing the net is interesting. It does not lead to boredom. *sics Donnie on Sara*

Little boat. <3

SUBMARINE!

...What's with the shampoo mohawk.

Unexpected people in drag! "You're in dresses". And Captain Obvious saves the day again. \o/

GAH THE THING HUNG AND CLAIMS THERE'S NO DISC INSIDE

That's what I get for watching dodgy bootlegged DVDs. It wouldn't come out from my laptop and I was panicking but then I shut down and restarted the thing and the disc came out. So I put it back in and yay it works.

AHHH ENYA MUSIC <3 <3 <3 <3

Ernie.

...Why is Father Sunday on a Monday?

GAH PHONE GO SPLASH
GAH WATCH GO SPLASH
WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM
;_;

Why is this movie so blue? It's like the Matrix real world, only bluer. Who did the lighting?

The sudden Enya music is kind of strange and out of place. Almost jarring.

No, the Chinese do not celebrate Thanksgiving. Unless they're living in America.

...Nelson is strange. Okay this part is kind of weird and corny and possibly what Keanu got the Razzie nomination for. Because the rest was more or less fine. Though I guess the script is also to blame. Then again those morons gave him a Razzie nomination for Hardball, which shows how much their judgement sucks...

STOP SINGING YOU CAN'T SING. Though neither can I, so I shall shut up. He stays in tune though, unlike in that Dogstar vid...

srsly this movie is so blue-tinged it gives me urges to click 'Image > Adjustment > Color Balance'. I think I've been spending too much time with Adobe Photoshop.

ARGH THERE IS DRIED LIZARD SHIT ON MY HOLE PUNCHER HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN THERE

...and it's over in its awesomely nihilistic way.

6.4/10

...and the disc refuses to come out.
ckage
2008-11-12 01:20:43

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0

...Wow, he just said a run of 15 whoas in one breath.

One once attempted to forcefully make me change my clothes at a train station.

Captain Obvious

Supernatural!! \o/

Okay this part is kind of weird and corny

Is this about the Santa hat scene? 'Cause I really hated that one.

Funny pointers you have there, but, for me, this movie was too much of The Cornyness for me to appreciate it.
Anakin McFly
2008-11-12 11:18:35

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
On the bright side, any hearing-impaired fish would only notice three whoas.

Subtitles: Whoa whoa whoa!

Nelson: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

I think I nearly died when I heard that. I actually rewound the thing twice to count.

Supernatural!! \o/
It's from Supernatural? Never knew that. I just heard the phrase from whole lots of people, who may or may not have got it from Supernatural.

Yep, the Santa hat scene. Though I guess it's partly the script's fault too. I don't really know how else Keanu - or anyone else for that matter - could have pulled it off without coming across as really bad.

And corny is good!

ckage
2008-11-12 19:24:55

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Well, I don't know if it came from there, but it was definatly used in a scene!

And corny gives me the creeps! And the gags!
LucaM
2008-11-13 05:52:55

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
well, like I said before, ANYONE who can act that hot-dog advertising presentation scene AND keep a straight face while doing it is a hero in my book.

not to mention the Santa hat / presents stuff scene...

but the one scene that always gets me is the one close to the ending.
when he reaches out for her... and looks into the camera...
I somehow always need to wipe dry my eyeglasses...

Sephonae
2008-11-13 12:10:58

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3

("Anakin")
...Nelson is strange. Okay this part is kind of weird and corny and possibly what Keanu got the Razzie nomination for.

Why is he strange? Which part??? Argh, which bit are you talking about?????

("Anakin")
...and the disc refuses to come out. 

"...instant karma's gonna getcha..."

The hot dog scene is one of my faves; once in a while, when I feel a rant coming on, I just start saying to myself (out loud), "Hot dogs! Hot dogs! Hot dogs!" Dunno why...but it seems to take the edge off!

I really couldn't relate to Therize's character though...I know I've posted this before. I think it was really lame of her to bring him into her life, try to change him, succeed, and then kick him to the curb. Sure, I get that her character was dying - and isn't love supposed to stick around for that? Aren't you supposed to let it??? Ultimately, I felt her character was hypocritical, in that she herself would not be changed, not even for his sake. Hell, for her sake! How could Nelson really come to full self-actualization without going through the process of comforting her, caring for her, even if he was ultimately going to lose her? It's like homegirl turned on the tap and then kocked out the plumbing beneath.

Hmmm.

Maybe not quite like that, but still, I think I've made my point. Whatever it was.

LucaM
2008-11-13 18:22:02

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
my mantra is " I want room service "

As for Sara... (I know I've posted this before too ) I think she's actually resisting change just as much as Nelson does. She tries to change him, but succeeds over her expectations, and a boomerang effect happens
and she gets scared, sort of.

but I think that by leaving, she does the best thing for both of them. she accepts her need to be reunited with her family... sort of going to die home... it's a favor she has to do for them.
and in the same time she sets Nelson free. he's changed, and now has to go on with his new life. He would have lost her anyway in the end, but at least this ending will leave an everlasting impression... and Nelson seems to be the kind of person who needs drama in his life...
I think that 'letting go' was the final lesson Nelson had to learn.
and also something Sara had to learn...

just my take on the story, that's all.

or maybe I see things this way because I can somehow relate... in a tangent way... one of my colleagues from the university suffered from a strange form of leukemia... but kept it secret, only her closest friend knew. and in her final months - a year after we finished uni - she would confine herself in the hospital and would not allow anyone to visit, except her one close friend and very close family members. when we, the others, got the phone call about the funeral , we were completely blown away. but how comes... we never knew.
she never wanted us to know. wanted to be remembered as she was in her good days. didn't want pity or compassion.
maybe it was some vanity from her part... but who am I to judge ?
the best gift I can give Mili is to remember her as she wanted us to.

ok, enough of this, gotta go back to work

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.