Reviews: 1
do I get a cookie?

My running commentary from my blog:

---

Watching Speed.

I LOVE THE MUSIC.
I LOVE THE MUSIC SO MUCH.
<3 <3 <3 <3

Composer is the same dude who did Twister, which was possibly among the first movie soundtracks I fell in love with after my band played it.

AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME. D:

...Ah, Mark Mancina. Thank you, opening credits. Okay. I <3 you.

*still loving the music*
*is hyper from the music*
*twitch*

lol there's a guy named Marty.

ARGH UNEXPECTED 42 <3 ...okay not that unexpected. I recall reading about that somewhere in a list of 42s in movies...

ok so that's the car entry shot that everyone keeps talking about. what's so epic about it. Although I saw it and thought AHH FLYING DELOREAN and it wasn't and I was sadface.

My brother is playing Team Fortress 2. We bought him the Orangebox after his exams. It has Portal in it too. Portal is awesome. Not so much the game as its general amusingness and PSYCHOTIC ROBOTS. The game itself lacks things to shoot. Unless you're shooting portals. I like the turrets. They say amusing things like, "Are you still there?"

...*finally gets random Speed references that people had been making at me*

AHHH MUSIC AGAIN <3 <3 <3

...How is it possible to chew gum while hanging upside down? Is that even physically possible? Isn't that possibly life-threatening? IS THIS WHY JACK TRAVEN DID NOT SURVIVE FOR SPEED 2?

In-universe explanation \o/

A lightsaber would be supremely useful in getting people out of elevators. They're... still... coming through! *shaky alien finger*

SHOTGUN!! \o/ lol nose.

Dennis Hopper is amusing.
bus asplode.

*is amused by the Matrix-like ringing phone*
'Money isn't everything (Yeah right)' o.O
lol tourist dude in shades
...And that is why chewing gum is banned in Singapore.
Music <3
Actually the music doesn't really fit the film that well. but who cares. <3
When this baby hits 50 miles per hour...

Oh. My father was watching BTTF the other day and I wandered in and was happily reciting the words before the characters and he said, "Why am I hearing an echo? You've seen this too many times. Go away."

lol car to bus jump. Keanu did the stunt himself. He wasn't supposed to. The director said he nearly got a heart attack when he saw that.

People with plans are secretly Cylons. Trufax. THEY HAVE A PLAN.

"...Oh darn." XD
Poor cars.
fake!baby

The tourist dude is amusing.
Hah, the woman who played Helen was in Friends - The One With the Thumb. And a bunch of other places. No wonder she looked familiar.

Ah, this is the part where I started watching the last half. But that was the commercial-interrupted, non-subtitles, Singapore-TV-censored version.

The bus' speedometer only goes up to 70mph. What's the fun in that. It can't go 88 miles per hour and TRAVEL THROUGH TIME. \o/

*is amused at the multiple "f--- me"s
house asplode

My brother wants me to go make lunch.

BACK

Haha, my brother finally finished Portal just now after multiple attempts at the last level. The last level is evil. BUT THEN THERE WAS CAEK. It's more fun to watch the game than play it. I just sat there giving helpful suggestions when he got stuck. I heart the turrets. And the ending song is still made of win.

LIKE THE SPEED SOUNDTRACK. <3

lol at nervousbreakdown!Jack

*whistles to music* Detecting violins and flutes...
I miss band. We need to start Yavin 42 for real. I mean we already have a manager, sound tech, fashion consultant, sex appeal and introducer. And MySpace page. We just need people who know how to play instruments, and the instruments themselves...

plane asplode. That was a real plane they blew up. There could only be one take. \o/ Whoa, reading all those articles was educational...

haha, random guy named Fox. IS IT THE MARTY FROM THE START OF THE MOVIE?

[People Screaming] says the subtitles.

'tis about to rain. Nice wind through my window, storm clouds gathering, all that. Soon there'll be thunder and lightning and I'd need to get off my computer or I might asplode.

There has to be more efficient ways of opening a locked door than shooting at it.

Dennis Hopper is still amusing. Especially when he loses his head.

...What's with America and incomplete traffic infrastructure?
[Train Accelerating], says the subtitles. o.O I'm not hearing impaired and even I can't hear that. But I can hear the music. <3

and it's over. AHHH MUSIC!!! <3 <3 <3 please don't cut off now please ARGH THEY CUT OFF. >_>

That's what I get for watching dodgy DVDs. Abrupt endings wiht no credits.

*trudges off to Youtube to listen to the soundtrack*

Whoa, this guy played it on a keyboard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtyaYAquDM
Awesome. A bit off though. *clicks on the real thing*

And the Twister soundtrack for good measure -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9klixu7zRIo

!!!! the person who posted it is named bttfdude123. LOLWUT COINCIDENCE

On re-listening to the Twister theme it somehow isn't as good as I remembered. :\

*hums Speed main theme*

7/10
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-17 10:48:47

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Oh Anakin, you amuse me so. Nice review!

This was the song that played in the credits. (It kinda starts off slow, just so ya know.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzohKci582w

You're welcome.

And here's a cyber cookie. Oatmeal raisin.

Sephonae
2008-10-17 12:01:53

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Dude, you can't chew gum in Singapore?
Anakin McFly
2008-10-17 13:38:38

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
The sale of chewing gum is banned here. You can chew it, as long as no one finds out. This would mean not sticking used gum around the place, because then PEOPLE WILL FIND OUT.

...I like my country.
keanugirl762008-10-17 14:22:05

Forum Posts: 268
Why is the sale of chewing gum banned?
Anakin McFly
2008-10-17 17:38:56

ADMIN

Because otherwise people will chew gum and stick used gum all over the place, which is firstly messy and unsightly and secondly would make other people mad when they accidentally sit on the gum or touch the gum or find lift buttons covered in gum.
Sephonae
2008-10-18 05:02:00

So (and I betcha didn't think, of all the things you posted, anyone would fixate on this particular tidbit), what happens to the poor unfortunate discovered with this pernicious contraband?
Anakin McFly
2008-10-18 10:55:05

ADMIN

and I betcha didn't think, of all the things you posted, anyone would fixate on this particular tidbit
Yeah.

what happens to the poor unfortunate discovered with this pernicious contraband?
They're fined. We're a fine country. We even have T-shirts that say that for tourists to buy.
Sephonae
2008-10-18 12:25:42

OK, OK, OK, don't be sad. Sorry I thread-jacked w/my Singaporian curiosity. Back to SPEED:

What I never quite got was why Hopper's character made so many references to how stupid KC's character was. Jack figured out quite a lot on his own, IMO.

I think one of my fave lines from that flick was, "Yeah...but I'm taller." ;-)

And finally, I liked TLH BUT KC and Sandy only have that on-screen chemistry together when they're, like, physically together on-screen--as with SPEED. All the time in TLH they spent apart kinda killed the chemistry buzz for me.

PS: The dude who played KC's bro in TLH was in this week's episode of "Fringe." I was looking at him and looking at him and wondering how the fudge I knew him (he looked ratty and nasty, not at all hunky like in TLH), and just now it dawned on me, woo-hoo!
Anakin McFly
2008-10-18 14:26:29

ADMIN

What I never quite got was why Hopper's character made so many references to how stupid KC's character was. Jack figured out quite a lot on his own, IMO.
But he also had a tendency to mess things up unintentionally. Like puncturing the gas tank.
Lanathegreat88
2008-10-18 17:06:29

Forum Posts: 10
FINALLY Ani lol. I luv that soundtrack too. Ever hear of the video game Metal Gear Solid? That composer totally stole the music from Speed . Listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqq8uqSDnk

Nah I don't know if he stole it but they sure do have similar style .
Sephonae
2008-10-19 02:42:33

(Anakin McFly @ Oct 18 2008, 02:26 AM)

But he also had a tendency to mess things up unintentionally. Like puncturing the gas tank.

Let's put ourselves in that position; you're riding underneath a GINORMOUS bus going over 55mph and attempting to disable a BOMB. Hmmm...the fact that, under those conditions, Jack inadvertently punctured the gas tank doesn't point to stupidity, that's just bad luck.

I haven't seen Speed in a while so I can't remember all the "A-ha!" moments Jack experienced, but the one that stands out in my mind is how he figured out there was a camera on board the bus and then put together the plan to get folks safely OFF the bus. Rawk on, Jack!!!
LucaM
2008-10-19 05:46:00

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
"we're leaking gas ? "
"we are now"
"...what, you needed another challenge or somethin' ? "

... priceless. Jack and Annie at their best .
LOVe that movie.
for this kind of humor...

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.