WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Ohhhhh, come on!

1 [2]

Ohhhhh, come on!
Anakin McFly
2008-10-04 10:46:34

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

Well, selectively hot. He grows a beard, and the love for the hotness flies out the window. Since unshaven = slumming in a rut drowning in booze with no prospects and a desperate desire to be a bear.
With the existence of the beard and bear aspirations, love for the hotness (insofar as I am capable of appreciating it; a good friend has questioned the existence of my hormones and complained that I don't appreciate hot guys) goes down, love for the awesome Keanu-ness goes up.

I think flip also mentioned when they were in a relationship they wanted their lover around them ALL the time, so it seems strange that Keanu wouldn't be the same. Because *everyone* is the same and likes the same things.
Yeah, that's one of the things that annoys me most about her posts - she seems to keep assuming that everyone should behave the same and like the same things. Like how, according to her, all men love sex and if they had the opportunity and ability to do so would do nothing else all their life.

Meanwhile I like how Keanu called himself "practically a celibate monk" when questioned about his lack of girlfriends and if he was gay. Another point towards low sex drive and/or asexuality.
Sephonae
2008-10-04 10:55:45

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0

Meanwhile I like how Keanu called himself "practically a celibate monk" when questioned about his lack of girlfriends and if he was gay.  Another point towards low sex drive and/or asexuality.
Or modesty.
Anakin McFly
2008-10-04 11:01:52

ADMIN

Yeah, that.

Though lflipout doesn't appear to believe that modesty exists, because she has demanded to know what - apart from gayness - would stop Keanu from copulating with every single willing female human he sees.
Sephonae
2008-10-04 11:16:46

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
^Well, Flip has a not-so-unique view of the male sex. That is to say, not so unique among either the very young or the very jaundiced. Anyone know her/his age, just out of curiosity?

The other thing that somewhat amuses me about Flip is that s/he assumes s/he knows anything about who Keanu is or isn't shagging. For all we know, he really IS getting it on with every willing female who crosses his path. We just don't know, and I'm sure that's how he prefers things. I know when I'm famous I'm not gonna want everybody and they friends all up in mah biiiiizness.
Anakin McFly
2008-10-04 11:23:44

ADMIN

lflipout isn't that young; probably at least 30s or 40s. She keeps calling me out on my innocence and naivete whenever I mention things like how I don't think Keanu had sex with movie studio producers in order to get to where he is today.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-04 11:34:26

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0

Yeah, that's one of the things that annoys me most about her posts - she seems to keep assuming that everyone should behave the same and like the same things. Like how, according to her, all men love sex and if they had the opportunity and ability to do so would do nothing else all their life. 

Meanwhile I like how Keanu called himself "practically a celibate monk" when questioned about his lack of girlfriends and if he was gay. Another point towards low sex drive and/or asexuality.
Didn't one of his friends say (Josh Richman I believe) at one point, that he doubted Keanu had a girlfriend, but that he loved women? I'm pretty sure that's a quote of his. (From a few years back) I think Josh also had a great quote about KEanu being one of those people that likes being around people, but also likes being alone. I can totally relate to that!

Oh and I hear ya about that Anakin (re: flips posts). It bugs me too! Everyone is different and everyone has a different sex drive. I hate the whole mentality that because something is true for *one* person, it must be true for ALL people! Reality is subjective! Argh!

As for Keanu saying he was practically a celibate monk, he tends to talk all poetry-esque like. It's one of the things I like about him. I don't know how much he's able to "date" when he's working or on location though? Maybe he has people brought in, I don't know? LOL
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-04 11:36:56

(Anakin McFly @ Oct 4 2008, 11:23 AM)
lflipout isn't that young; probably at least 30s or 40s. She keeps calling me out on my innocence and naivete whenever I mention things like how I don't think Keanu had sex with movie studio producers in order to get to where he is today. 

Because Anakin, Hollywood is a sordid place and people sell their souls and bodies to become famous. I know there are very strange things that go on in HWood, but I think people can actually get work without resorting to sexual favors. Though, I doubt flip would ever in a million years believe it.

I remember Charlize Theron said she never did the casting couch thing. She just presented herself as a person that wasn't going to do that (in castings). She seems to have done okay.
keanugirl762008-10-05 15:40:56

Forum Posts: 268
Appearantly, flipout is totally convinced that what Gus Van Sant wrote in his novel "Pink" is all true. Now, of course it contains some autobiographical elements, but IMO this doesn't mean the total truth. And, anyway, nobody knows but Gus and Keanu...

As one of the characters, Swifty, is based on Keanu, and since this character has a gay affair with the director's alter ego, flipout has always considered this the supreme proof of Keanu being gay.

And whenever we tell her that it may be not true, she accuses us of being narrow minded or even that we have fear - I'm quoting the exact word she uses - as, in her opinion, we want Keanu to be the perfect man and we don't want to accept this proof of his imperfection.

Anakin McFly
2008-10-05 20:23:10

ADMIN

If Gus van Sant's fiction writings get to become reality, I want the same with my own writing.

This would be a good start. -> http://forum.club-keanu.com/index.php?topic=6.0

As one of the characters, Swifty, is based on Keanu, and since this character has a gay affair with the director's alter ego, flipout has always considered this the supreme proof of Keanu being gay.
Yeah, but the thing is that even lflipout admits that Swiftly wasn't the only character based on Keanu. There were supposedly at least two others, one of which was straight and the other of which was asexual. So it doesn't make sense that she's focusing only on the gay one.

as, in her opinion, we want Keanu to be the perfect man and we don't want to accept this proof of his imperfection.

So now gayness is an imperfection? And she's accusing US of being the homophobic ones?

Didn't one of his friends say (Josh Richman I believe) at one point, that he doubted Keanu had a girlfriend, but that he loved women? I'm pretty sure that's a quote of his.
Yeah, I came across a quote like that fairly recently, so probably around 1995-ish.

There was another article where Keanu had been eyeing some girl but couldn't get up the courage to go talk to her.
keanugirl762008-10-06 14:17:53

So it doesn't make sense that she's focusing only on the gay one.
But she often mentions him

So now gayness is an imperfection? And she's accusing US of being the homophobic ones? 
Yes, she does, despite we have always told her that, if Keanu turned out to be gay, we wouldn't care about it.

TheWyleyOne
2008-10-07 20:45:00

Forum Posts: 115
Bah FLIPpin' humbug!

She (??) once said she was a nurse and had seen a lot of sadness and heartbreak in her job at a hospital.

Then in the same paragraph (if I remember right) she made a FLIPpant remark about Keanu's sister's battle with Leukemia. If I remember right, and if I'm wrong anyone who remembers the thread please correct me, she said something along the lines that cancer doesn't necessarily make you so thin and that Kim was "in (flip) fact" suffering from an eating disorder and using the Leukemia as a way to cover the "truth" to gain media and public sympathy and attention, etc etc, flip logic.

Well that annoyed me; how dare she make such a flippin' statement when she's supposed to be a NURSE??? I questioned her on that, called her up on was she really a NURSE or was she a JANITOR or the LUNCH LADY at the hospital?? Not that there's anything wrong with either of those jobs, but surely someone who has any medical knowledge would know that leaukemia completely ravages the body?? I have a cousin who went through childhood leukemia and for many years he was touch and go. It's a complete miracle that he's still around today. I found her ridiculously ignorant comment very offensive but she never came back with a reply or apology or even any proof to confirm her medical theory.

I guess what annoys me most about her (I assume "her" but sometimes I wonder if it's not a gay guy with very strong but frustrated feelings for Keanu) is that she spouts her tabloid "knowledge" as if it's proven fact. Not to mention the conspiracy theories she puts together from reading works of fiction, gossip colums and "blind" articles. Which to me translates to "fantasy". She always seems to get a 3 when putting one and one together. What bothers me is that new Keanu fans coming to the board and reading her twisted theories might believe it.

Luckily when I first went to imdb's Keanu board, she was being shot down by a lot of regulars who had just had it with her so it didn't take me long to realise she loves to get the boat rocking.

TWO
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-07 23:34:58

Oh where to begin??

Actually, I won't. She or he is just messed up in the head!! If she/he really had breast cancer like she/he posted ages ago than I guess we shouldn't have any sympathy for her. Going by *his/her* logic.

I totally agree about the tabloid gossip and conjecture being taken as fact. What a sad person.
LeishaCamden2008-10-08 05:43:28

Forum Posts: 35
When my second cousin got leukemia, she lost 20kgs in two weeks ...
keanugirl762008-10-08 14:06:49

And when my second cousin died of leukemia, her weight was 32kgs
Anakin McFly
2008-10-08 14:13:31

ADMIN

...Are you two related? unsure.gif
LeishaCamden2008-10-09 02:36:47

Forum Posts: 35
No, my cousin survived.

keanugirl76, I'm so sorry to hear that.
keanugirl762008-10-10 14:30:15

...Are you two related? 
She was my mother's cousin's daughter, but up to now she has been the only one who got the illness within the family. But I don't worry about myself anyway, as, if it has to happen, it does.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
Thank you so much, Leisha! She lived in another town and it had been a long time since we heard from each other last. But I remember her with affection.
LuxuriantN
2008-10-10 14:56:31

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
I dont think Flip believes the theories she spouts for one second. Years of being THE most obsessive and informative fan I have ever come across could have taught her what to post to get a reaction.

if she simply had an opinion and stuck to it, why does she always side with the peeps picking on regular posters and trying to ruin Imdb? More than coincidental IMO.

She seeks attention as well as having an agenda to scare off what she views as competition from other fans.

That's my latest theory and I am sticking to it LOL
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-11 23:29:28

You could be right Lux. Maybe she enjoys that kind of attention and it's a thrill she's not getting in real life. (Which means her life must be pretty sad)

I mean, people usually only do things because they like the way it makes them feel.

1 [2]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.