Just finished Hardball
Anakin McFly
2008-09-25 13:02:36

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
finally got to see the first 3/4s

The Anu got a Razzie nomination for this?

whut. I thought it was a good performance. Better than, say, ASD, which he spent the duration of looking stoned (ok admittedly he was supposed to) but everyone seems to think was brilliant for some reason...
LucaM
2008-09-25 14:58:33

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
it WAS a good performance.

re-watched the movie a few days before... and kept wondering why so many negative reviews. my only conclusion was that the reviewers simply could not 'see' Connor because they were looking for Neo... and the latter just wasn't there...
so they got frustrated.

as for the Razzies.... bah. give absolutely no importance to that item in my book ...
and not because of The Anu. simply 'cause those evaluations/opinions are extremely subjective.

Better than, say, ASD, which he spent the duration of looking stoned (ok admittedly he was supposed to) but everyone seems to think was brilliant for some reason... 

I AM one of that 'everyone' , ok ? *fumes*
and the reasons are many ... * fumes some more*

ok, it all has to do with the way one 'reads' the novel. he totally fit my 'idea' of Arctor ... but then again, this is subjective, too...

keanugirl762008-09-26 14:19:56

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
I like that movie!

It's one of my mum's favourites as well, she even showed it to her 10 year-old students
Anakin McFly
2008-09-26 14:42:21

ADMIN

my only conclusion was that the reviewers simply could not 'see' Connor because they were looking for Neo... and the latter just wasn't there...
It's spelt 'Conor'.

No Neo in him, but I did see some Connie occasionally...
LucaM
2008-09-26 14:53:23

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

It's spelt 'Conor' 

my sincere apologies.

SORRY !!!!!

I did see some Connie occasionally... 

yeah, that

little did the world know...

lefty102008-10-03 11:41:36

Forum Posts: 13
Keanu gave an overall good performance in Hardball in my opinion. In a few scenes, I think he sorta overacted a little bit such as when he was talking to Diane Lane outside of the bar. But it could be my problem. I always found many well-acclaimed actings overacting such as Meryl Streep's in The French Lieutenant's woman.
Sephonae
2008-10-04 10:44:41

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
I watched Hardball once only and my memory's a bit fuzzy, but I remember appreciating the work he did in it. I thought his Conor foreshadowed his Constantine. But I probably won't ever watch Hardball again 'cause I just can't take what happens towards the end...which is too bad, now that I think about it, 'cause I could watch Keanu singing, "I love it when you call me big poppa," all day.

Anakin McFly
2008-10-04 10:57:23

ADMIN

I thought his Conor foreshadowed his Constantine.
^ Yes, that.

Meanwhile I have also decided that Conor O'Neill is awesomecakes, and he would probably be my favourite Keanu character if not for the existence of Neo and Ted.

That song is just weird though.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-10-04 11:26:07

Forum Posts: 328
I'm with Luca-I LOVE A Scanner Darkly!!!!!!!

That song is just weird though.

MmeRenard
2016-09-20 08:37:24

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Hardball is on HBO - I love this movie. I don't know if anyone else remembers this or had this experience, but it came out on September 14. We were all in shock, but my Mom and I went to see it and sat in a room full of people who laughed and cried, barely two weeks after 9/11.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.