WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Private Lives of Pippa Lee

Private Lives of Pippa Lee
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-26 08:48:39

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Did anyone read it? If so, what did you think?

I thought it was an enjoyable read for a summer day (or two). I can kinda see Keanu in the Chris role (some characteristics I can see Keanu posessing, others I'm not so sure? I guess that's why they call it acting).

***mild spoiler***

I wonder if he'll really have a Jesus tattoo in the movie, like in the book?

I'm curious to see how the movie turns out. Hopefully, it will be good.
LucaM
2008-08-26 14:44:57

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
read the book ; really liked it.
reminded me of Margaret Atwood's style.... yet different.

and just can't wait to see the movie. because I'm almost sure Robin Wright Penn's performance will be a treat... with such material...
as for Chris ... I can see why Rebecca Miller chose K. for this role and maybe also why he took the role...
and hope they'll keep the tattoo . it defines the character ....
although... maybe not. guess it will be R.Miller 's decision, in the end...
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-27 02:24:30

read the book ; really liked it.
reminded me of Margaret Atwood's style.... yet different.
I haven't read any Margaret Atwood.

and just can't wait to see the movie. because I'm almost sure Robin Wright Penn's performance will be a treat... with such material...
Yeah, I've always liked her. Some of her early performances are some of my favorties: The PRincess Bride, State of Grace, the Crossing Guard.

as for Chris ... I can see why Rebecca Miller chose K. for this role  and maybe also why he took the role...

So true. He's got that attractive mysterious quality!

and hope they'll keep the tattoo . it defines the character ....
although... maybe not. guess it will be R.Miller 's decision, in the end
I can't recall seeing any screen caps (set photos) of Keanu with the tattoo (for Pippa), but it doesn't necessarily mean he won't have it in the film.
I liked his tattoos in Constantine, as strange as they were. So, hee, I hope they have him tatted up in the movie. I'd just like to see Keanu with a big ol' tattoo. Yes, I'm weird that way.
LucaM
2008-08-27 02:53:21

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
I especially liked Robin in "A Home at the End of the World ".... but that's just me.

well... one couldn't see the presumptive tattoo in those set photos
but honestly don't know if it will be there. I mean... a full winged Jesus, all over the torso, shoulders and back ?
just try to imagine the headlines.
"Reeves imprints his savior complex on his own skin"

oh, what the heck...
bring them on
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-28 09:34:11

I especially liked Robin in "A Home at the End of the World ".... but that's just me.
You know, I only saw part of that movie. I fell asleep during the later parts and then I had to return it to the video store. I really should watch all of it at some point.

well... one couldn't see the presumptive tattoo in those set photos 
but honestly don't know if it will be there. I mean... a full winged Jesus, all over the torso, shoulders and back ?
just try to imagine the headlines. 
"Reeves imprints his savior complex on his own skin"
That's true. We should have a talk with the set photographer. I mean, come on, we want to see a tattooed Keanu!

oh, what the heck...
bring them on 
I like your attitude!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.