WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Maybe we're overreacting...

Maybe we're overreacting...
Anakin McFly
2008-07-30 22:23:03

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Was reading a completely neutral article in the local newspapers today about how Point Break 2 is going to be filmed here, and how director Jan de Bont hoped to have Keanu in a cameo role.

Then the article said: "As actor Keanu Reeves would say: Whoa." and my fish alert went off.

Nothing at all negative in the article; it might in fact have been vaguely pro-Reeves if read without paranoia, but then they ended the article with a second 'Whoa'. and my fish alert went off again.

I think I've been spending too much time on IMDb. Now I have a vague grudge against an poor newspaper journalist for no good reason.
keanugirl762008-08-01 13:09:10

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

I think I've been spending too much time on IMDb. Now I have a vague grudge against an poor newspaper journalist for no good reason.
I think I did it too.

After all, not everybody means really to bash him. Some of them just try to imitate him nicely , even though we always think the opposite.
Sephonae
2008-08-03 13:46:51

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
The inevitable "Whoa!" in any article even vaguely referencing Keanu always raises my hackles. Dropping that "Whoa!" speaks to a supercilious pigeonholing, a self-important disregard for all of the hard work the man's done since Bill & Ted. It's a lazy, know-it-all, knee-jerk response from, I firmly believe, those who envy the man his success. Fundamentally, those who can, do. Those who cannot, criticize...and not very intelligently at that.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-08-26 08:17:08

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Yeah, what Sephonae said.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.