WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Gee, I think this person liked the Matrix

Gee, I think this person liked the Matrix
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-27 01:27:06

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

From the Matrix IMDB board-millennium critic had this to say about the Matrix Trilogy--

The Matrix universe is the grandest work of psuedo-philosophical pop entertainment our generation has ever seen. The Wachowski Bros. should be proud that their labor of love turned out to be not only a huge commercial success (and the most influential film of the last 25 years) but also a grand thought-provoking spectacle of pop mythology. It's a work of art. Truly genius. It's obvious the Brothers Wachowski had an agenda when they set out to make the films, seeming to be very open minded, conscious individuals concerned with the times and advocators of change. It's remarkable the amount of information they were able to stockpile in the trilogy while making them grand entertainments. It's a feat that should be remembered and lauded for a long time. The Matrix (released in 1999) was a phenomenon of mass-media that sent shockwaves throughout cinemas across the world and created widespread hysteria in fans that whose minds were ignited by the possibilities laid out in the Wachowski's sci-fi tour de force. It is still known around the world as the most entertaining, influential, and popular sci-fi of all time. It's sequels however, spawned more debate, controversy, and fan upheavel than anything ever put on screen.

Many people have conflicted views of The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions as stand alone entertainments but in my estimation, as works of art that are at once thought-provoking, challlenging, and terrorifyingly ahead of their time, I find them to be masterpieces of intelligent cinema. I've studied the Matrix universe in depth and a couple years ago wrote an entire Anthology about the series that explained the movie in precise depth. If you are not familiar with Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Gnostic Christianity, Greek Mythology, Mental Monism, Latin, French, and English languages, Simulacrum and Simulation, The Book of the Holy Grail, Smith, Jones, and Brown (The Alien Accountant), The Dice Man, Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass, Ghost in the Shell, The Doors of Perception, Neuromancer, Marques de Layfeyette, Johann Hamann, Kierkgarrd, Godel, John Locke, and the history of slavery (whew!!! lol that's alot): then the series probably flew over your head and is a bunch of convoIuted philosophical mumbo jumbo. But I assure, the Wachowski's set out to make a statement with this trilogy and they pull it off brilliantly. I will answer any questions and any feedback from fans who want to know the answers, want to discuss the possibilities, or just want to conversate about the greatest work of our time. And to the naysayers, I'm ready to defend my claim of the series greatness any day so you to are welcome to add your two cents. Au revoir.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's long, but I really like his/her take on it.

LucaM
2008-05-27 02:14:18

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Geeeezuuuus H.Christ !!!!

{ pls read the above as a figure of speech}

I wasn't familiar with anything from that loooong list. but the trilogy did not fly over my head ; on the contrary hit me straight in the forehead. Failed to open my third eye, but I still have a virtual concussion.

oh, correction : I knew French before ...

only after seeing those movies I started to read seriously. still haven't covered that list. might take my whole lifetime to do it.

and yet, I fell in love with the trilogy from the first date

but I like that take on the movies, too.

as for the trilogy... like Cornel West said, most people are just not ready to see / understand the movies and especially the sequels at their true value.

time will do them (movies) justice...
(I hope )
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-28 13:39:11

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0

(LucaM @ May 27 2008, 02:14 AM)
Geeeezuuuus H.Christ !!!!

{ pls read the above as a figure of speech}

I wasn't familiar with anything from that loooong list. but the trilogy did not fly over my head ; on the contrary hit me straight in the forehead. Failed to open my third eye, but I still have a virtual concussion. 

oh, correction : I knew French before ...

only after seeing those movies I started to read seriously. still haven't covered that list. might take my whole lifetime to do it.

and yet, I fell in love with  the trilogy from the first date 

but I like that take on the movies, too.

as for the trilogy... like Cornel West said, most people are just not ready to see / understand the movies and especially the sequels at their true value.

time will do them (movies)  justice...
(I hope )

Hi Luca,

I was thinking about you when I read that post. I remember you were saying how much you read and got into the Matrix. I think that's soo cool.

I don't know about *everything* that is listed on that list either, but the Matrix didn't go over my head! As if!

I agree with Cornel! I think he also said there are a bunch of layers to the Matrix movies and some people only see one layer, some see 10, some see 20 etc.... It's awesome! I too hope the Trilogy gets the respect it deserves. Hopefully, in due time.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.