WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: United we SHOULD stand!

United we SHOULD stand!
TheWyleyOne
2008-05-25 21:26:53

Forum Posts: 115
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Are there any Keanu ninjas out there?

Hi guys, I finally signed up tonight after I went over to imdb (as I do any night I'm online) and noted there are NO REGULARS left! It's all those multiples person and another handful of even newer-bies. ????

This makes me so sad - I miss everyone and it's no fun talking to myself and less fun talking to jibberish-spouting-mulitple-loonies.

A little while ago I made it my mission to bring up all the good topics to the top of the Keanu board but in the past couple of nights, the loonies have overtaken the place again. There are threads where every comment posted (I assume by normal, regular people) has been deleted and the only posts left are by one or the other of the multiple. Oh, there's no sobbing, bawling smiley for me to insert!

Sorry to be bringing up this sordid mess on my first post (well, 2nd, I have already introduced myself... oh, wait! 3rd - I posted in the non-members fishpond a few days ago too) as a member. But just wanted to encourage the oldies to take the imdb board back. It really gives me the irrates how this madness has happened. C'mon guys, let's just talk to each other and talk around and over all the multiples - don't even respond to their innocent-sounding, actually-Keanu-related posts. And as hard as it is, ignore the deletions. Talk as if they were never there.

We're the Keanu Swat Team remember? ninja.gif So let's swat in the name of Keanu!!! I think it's appropriate we should defend the place where we first found each other!

In the words of The Man, "sure, why not?" (this was something he said during his Australian visit, in that shexshy, drawling way of his... *sigh!* .... *drools!*)

Hugs & Peace Swatters!
ninja.gif
Wyley
Anakin McFly
2008-05-25 22:10:45

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

So let's swat in the name of Keanu!!!

That needs to be our motto. 'We swat in the name of Keanu'.

Maybe if we wait long enough, IMDb will get back to normal. The IMDb Help Desk finally said that they'll be doing something about it, so maybe we can wait for that and hope that they'll get bored in the meantime.

I tried to insert the bawling smiley, but it won't save properly. Happens to some of the emoticons; no idea why.
LuxuriantN
2008-05-25 22:42:49

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
Hi Wyley

I understand your frustration but its like trying to reason with a 3 year old over there. I am up for ignoring and working around them but it doesnt work. Every few days I check my posting history and everything recent has been deleted.

We could always just chat on another part of Imdb like the street kings board? They may follow us there but the main battleground for blossom and the peeps who hate her seems to be the K forum.

Interesting you think they will do something Anakin. I finally got a reply to my complaint who said they will forward it to the guy responsible for the board. I am not holding my breath though.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-25 22:53:25

ADMIN

...There's a guy responsible for the board?

What did you tell them? Mine:

Hi

This poster blossombaby1986 -> http://www.imdb.com/user/ur19091492/boards/
came onto the Keanu Reeves boards several weeks ago, and recently has been
reporting every post of some long-time regulars. These posts are not
violating any terms and conditions
and are completely on topic.

Example -> [url]
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000206/board/f...37746#105186355
[/url]

There are more of those all over the boards. Many were new threads and have
thus vanished completely.

With regard to those names listed in blossombaby1986's profile, all those
people (with the exception of Miss Minnie, who is a troll whom we've never
seen until recently) have been on the boards for a long time, and I know them
to be highly reasonable and very nice people who are definitely not behind
everything she's accusing them of.

They are DEFINITELY not the trolls she claims they are. A lot of them are good
friends of mine who would never do such things, and the whole first paragraph
in her profile is downright ridiculous to anyone who actually knows those
people.

It's impossible to hold a discussion there any more. Everything gets deleted
almost at once because blossombaby1986 is convinced that everyone is somehow
out to get her, and she retaliates by reporting everyone. The bulk of the
regulars have migrated to another forum I set up, but we like IMDb and would
like things to get back to normal there.

I know that the admin don't usually read abuse reports, but since it's stated
that reporting posts for no reason are against the site rules and can
supposedly get your account suspended, it would be nice if that actually
happened once in a while.

Thank you very much.
LuxuriantN
2008-05-25 22:59:12

Dont remember why I didnt give her name. I guess I wasnt too sure at the time that it was only her. I'm still not - I think some of the haters delete our stuff as they know she gets blamed??

Hi

I was a regular user of the Keanu Reeves board until a new user turned up
recently who is known throughout our fan community for liking conflict.

We were all quite happy to debate with her...then somebody starting
reporting/deleting her posts. She created extra usernames to continue
arguments and get through to those who had her on 'ignore'.

Now that she has all but killed the board and we are barely posting at all
anymore, she has taken to waiting for any of us on her 'hit list' to post so
she can get it deleted. If you dont believe me, please see how many of my
posts of the last few days have disappeared.

As I have come to realise that you dont have time to get involved in petty
squabbles, I have begun trying to do the same to her - to show her how
pointless and annoying it is. But I dont have the time to sit on the forums
for hours, deleting everything she posts. She does seem to have time to do
this to me and others.

I realise you will suggest I ignore this user...but that is not enough if she
is stopping me enjoying the forums by not allowing me to take part in
discussions.

Even the most lenient of moderation would be annoyed if its members were
actually being prevented from using the site? I wont give you her user name/s
as I am sure you will be able to find out easily who is doing the reporting
against me and many others. The report abuse function IS being abused and used
as a way of attacking members and your threats of account suspension/deletion
seem weightless when this activity has been going on for weeks without anyone
monitoring the behaviour.

This is a last chance attempt for me to keep using what was my favourite
internet site. I dont really expect you to be able to do something, but I had
to at least try.

Re: Unable to post due to malicious user
by - IMDb Help Desk (13 May 2008 11:45:40 AM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting us!
This is a confirmation that your message was received.

Due to the massive quantities of feedback we receive every day, we regret that we are unable to provide a personalized response or follow-up on the progress of every issue that is brought to our attention, but please rest assured that your message has been forwarded to the staff in charge of the relevant section of the site for their information and/or appropriate action.

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us and thank you for your feedback.

----
Regards,
Alex
The IMDb Help Desk

Anakin McFly
2008-05-25 23:10:10

ADMIN

That's the standardised reply, actually. But if enough people have been sending messages, they probably have some idea of the magnitude of the problem.
keanugirl762008-05-26 15:01:09

Forum Posts: 268
I have to admit that I've been on IMDB boards for over four years and I've never seen such a mess before. Of course some trolls and mad people sometimes used to come, but we dealt with them easily. We ignored them and they left after a while. This time it looks much harder.

Just wait for a bit and let's see. Lately I've lurked most of time as well...

May the Force be with Us!

TheWyleyOne
2008-05-26 19:57:25

Hey guys, thanks for speaking up on behalf of the rest of us regs. I wasn't sure how to go about reporting the bimbot and what, if anything, would happen if I did, so I let it go... it is sheer craziness, I've never seen anything like it before

While I agree with the theory that some of the newbies there ARE old enemies of the bimbot, stalking her or whatever, I must admit that the sympathy I felt for her (on finding out the backstory) barely lasted 5mins. She brings it on herself with her reaction and negative approach. There was no need to abuse everyone and act like such a little princess - she was new to imdb and had no idea who anyone was, she should have given the board the benefit of the doubt instead of getting nasty being a pain in the behind right from the word go.

Seems to me she must not be a very likeable person to bring about so much negative reaction. But then I've never liked devious or manipulative people. If there's any truth to her claim that she is "in" Keanu's social circle, God I feel sorry for him.

I just wonder why so many loonies seem to be attracted to K? I don't follow any other "celebrity" boards or websites (only started reading up on K 2 years ago) so I have no idea if this is a normal thing and other stars have their share of whackos too or if this is just an unfortunate part of Keanu's life. Either way it freaks me out! It's no wonder he is so secretive and guards his personal life like he does, how else can a person live that life otherwise??

Poor guy!

Wy?
TheWyleyOne
2008-05-26 20:03:45

Just wanted to add a couple of things:

(1) I can't believe I'm "water pollution" !!! Me being a Pisces* AND environmentally aware and all!! and

(2) Lux, your ID pic is one of my favourite shots of Keanu. IMO it's one of his sexiest shots, even more so than the nakid bum ones. I do like him on the beefy side and he was all that in this series of pics.... growl!

*Anakin, does that make me a "genuine fish"??
Anakin McFly
2008-05-26 21:20:06

ADMIN

ARGH A FISH-

...You could be our undercover spy.
LuxuriantN
2008-05-27 00:20:51

Yeah - its a f-awesome pic eh? I have this in my myspace gallery with a note saying 'if you dont know who this is, then you dont know what you are missing'.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-27 01:12:50

Forum Posts: 328
Thanks Lux and the Wyley one for reporting what has been going on at IMDB. I really hope some changes come because of it! I mean, someone is clearly violating the report abuse function! It's so frustrating.

I've been at IMDB for about 3-4 years and have never seen it like how it is. Sure you get the occasional post about Keanu not being a good actor or other such tripe, but mostly it was a good place to discuss all things Keanu. (I mean overall)

I don't understand how one poster can have so much free time to talk to themselves!?? I only get online sporadically, and even then it's to go to only a few web sites.

I don't know, I'm tired of trying to figure out the motivations of certain posters. It's not worth the time. I just wish IMDB would do something about it. Then we can all go back to discussing KEanu without fear of being deleted. And actually read what people are posting.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-27 01:13:19

Forum Posts: 328

(LuxuriantN @ May 27 2008, 12:20 AM)
Yeah - its a f-awesome pic eh?  I have this in my myspace gallery with a note saying 'if you dont know who this is, then you dont know what you are missing'.

Ha! Ha! Good one Lux!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.