Casting Our Whoas Aside
Anakin McFly
2008-05-22 21:55:20

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Comic strip!!

...Any idea what's the best way to get this online? Blog or regular site? How do most webcomics do it?

Although first there's the issue of whether this can last or if I'm going to run out of ideas.

(Not all are Keanu-related because I was having too much fun.)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ckage
2008-05-22 23:05:00

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0
Here go my comments!

The 80's song one:
This one is annoying me. Just because I KNOW I should be able to get it, but I can't quite place it.

The lulz one:
Wooooosh... ->

The Lake House one:
Eeek!

Rabbits:

The daddy one:
Wimp.

That's Windows for you one:
Blue Screen, eh? Poor Neo-geek... Maybe you could draw little white lines of text on the screen, though. It would be more perceptible.

The swamp:
... ok... who's uncle Owen?

Kitkat:
Nice. I've only seen the movies, though...

There is no fork one:
LOL!

Edit: just one thing: when the strip has a title, it's more helpfull for the reader for it to be always in the same place. So, if you decide to put the title on the bottom, ALWAYS put it on the bottom in every single titled strip you'll do in the future; if you decide for the top, ALWAYS on the top. It's easier to identify the existence or non-existence of a title on the strip.
poopygill
2008-05-23 16:12:52

Forum Posts: 49
Comments: 0
LOL at the spoons!!!

Classic.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-23 21:46:35

ADMIN

This one is annoying me. Just because I KNOW I should be able to get it, but I can't quite place it.
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_roll

Thanks for the tips; re-uploading everything anyway because of picture quality issues. Turns out that it's much better quality when I print screen and stick it into Paint, rather than saving straight off PowerPoint.

... ok... who's uncle Owen?

Uncle Owen is Luke's uncle, who adopted him and raised him from childhood along with his Aunt Beru. In the film, one of the first thing Luke does is to yell '[Uncle Owwwennn! in a whiny voice that has since become a sort of running joke in Star Wars fandom...

Nice. I've only seen the movies, though...
Eating chocolate is the best way to cure yourself after a Dementor attack.

Edit: just one thing: when the strip has a title, it's more helpfull for the reader for it to be always in the same place. So, if you decide to put the title on the bottom, ALWAYS put it on the bottom in every single titled strip you'll do in the future; if you decide for the top, ALWAYS on the top. It's easier to identify the existence or non-existence of a title on the strip.
Thanks for the tip! Main problem is that when there's dialogue in the actual panel the words sound better in a certain placing...
Anakin McFly
2008-05-23 22:09:45

ADMIN

Okay, edited the first lot. More!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
keanugirl762008-05-23 23:29:25

Forum Posts: 268
Cool!
LucaM
2008-05-24 03:00:07

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
LOVE the rabbit/s...

where's the purple chinchilla , anyway ?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-25 16:24:44

ADMIN

THERE IS NO PURPLE CHINCHILLA!

You know, suddenly yesterday in the lift at work it hit me that I could have called this The Keanu Strip.

...Sadly then it wouldn't have had much to do with the non-Keanu comics, though even as it is the title doesn't make much sense when it comes to those.

- Any of you on LiveJournal? Will I get friended if I tried to stick the strip on there? I'm paranoid about getting it friended by only like ten people or something. Meanwhile it's the most convenient as compared to say making a regular site from scratch, or using some other blog engine thing where comments don't always work.
LucaM
2008-05-25 18:49:59

THERE IS NO PURPLE CHINCHILLA!
hmm...strange... yesterday night I had a vivid impression of seeing one passing by me, in a hurry... maybe Trinity finally took the matter in her hands. or maybe what I really saw was the March Hare... or maybe I had one too many Bloody Mary's *shrugs*

wait...are you trying to tell me I missed my only chance to find "'the answer" ? * slaps forehead* oh, shit...

( no, not 42. not THAT answer ...)

no, I'm not on LiveJournal. "too old for that shit " , I'm afraid. I've only evolved from handwritten diaries which I burn periodically in a ritual worthy of Ernesto Sabato to a word file in my PC... besides , not sure I can manage a LJ account.
but if you want to move things, let me know and I'll follow. ...the rabbit...the chinchilla...whatever

Anakin McFly
2008-05-26 21:32:24

ADMIN

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Anakin McFly
2008-05-27 21:55:09

ADMIN

user posted image

user posted image
ckage
2008-05-27 22:50:41

1. Ewww!!!!
2. Awww... Poor thing. I on the other hand, am yet to find a pill I can't swallow! ... OK, that sounded weird.
3. WTF?!
5. ROTFLOL!! But, what will be of his head, now?

Anakin McFly
2008-05-27 22:54:26

ADMIN

3. WTF?!

That's based on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Main guy in foreground is Arthur Dent, who doesn't like being chucked off into space adventures because all he really wants is just a nice simple cup of tea. Big brown thing is Deep Thought, the most intelligent computer in the multiverse, created to come up with the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything...

LucaM
2008-05-27 22:58:38

NOT another one ....
ckage
2008-05-27 23:19:36

Well, at least Ted is no longer alone...

Freaky stuff.

EllieP2008-05-28 03:54:07

Forum Posts: 110
OK, I'm dead impressed I especially like the lake house ones

Oh and of course the genius Ted and JohnC *flicks tail enthusiastically *
Anakin McFly
2008-06-10 21:57:36

ADMIN

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
EllieP2008-06-11 17:16:15

Forum Posts: 110
Why Neo was late for work

He should have just asked one of us to nudge him in the ribs....
Anakin McFly
2008-06-26 22:18:09

ADMIN

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
tiikay
2008-07-03 10:03:36

Forum Posts: 17
Keep 'em coming, these are great!

Poor Alex

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.