WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: This true?

This true?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-18 21:49:28

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Keanu's $80 million donation fake

-> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88620,00.html#2

FoxNews seems pretty legit.
BlueberryDarking
2008-05-19 01:15:19

Forum Posts: 10
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Well, it's in a "Celebrity Gossip" column, but knowing the media, any or all of it could be true or false. It's pretty hard to tell.

Edit: I googled it... I found a lot of the stories the foxnews article mentions, often citing the same site, on which the original article can no longer be found... However, I did find this article citing a press release as the source of the info.

Most of the articles also said he's donated tons of money to cancer research and gave 12 stuntmen motorcycles when they were filming.
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-19 03:05:19

Forum Posts: 328
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
"As for Keanu doling out the big bucks, here's the real story: Two years ago he put some of his upfront money back into the production budget to ensure the creative staff -- costumes, special effects etc. -- could continue working on the trilogy. This was back when the first Matrix had not yet hit pay dirt. Since then, believe me, the movies have been such a success that everyone's gotten what they needed.

But Keanu has not written any personal checks to anyone. Sorry."

That pretty much sums it up. People "thought" that Keanu was personally writing checks to the creative staff of the Matrix (I think some tabloid grossly exaggerated his generousity, but hey it sells papers!) , but he gave it to the production, who then paid the creative staff, so they could continue working.

He only made the big, big bucks after the success of the Matrix . Though he was a multimillionaire at the time (pre-Matrix), he wasn't as wealthy as the Matrix Trilogy made him. So for him to give any money before hand really showed how committed he was to the Matrix project.

Fox has had it out for Keanu ever since he turned down Speed 2!! They've always been pretty snarky towards him after that.

Anakin McFly
2008-05-19 10:42:57

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

Most of the articles also said he's donated tons of money to cancer research and gave 12 stuntmen motorcycles when they were filming. 
Yeah, those two are definitely true.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.