WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: The IMDb boards...

[1] 2 3 4 5

The IMDb boards...
Anakin McFly
2008-05-04 14:46:52

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
EllieP2008-05-04 20:59:22

Forum Posts: 110
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Why the sad face Anni?
Anakin McFly
2008-05-04 21:01:51

ADMIN

It used to be a fun place. Now it's full of strange people whom I don't know quarelling among themselves, and deleted posts in every thread, and that blossombaby1986 person has been sending me PMs telling me to delete all my posts and ask everyone else to do the same so that everyone can see who the attackers are.

...I don't even know how that would work.
EllieP2008-05-04 21:17:00

Care to borrow my whip? *hands over whip*...OK, OK and my flamethrower, handcuffs, spare whip, emergency spare whip and combat Ninjas? *hands over other implements, and a few added extras for Annakins perusal* I haven't hung out on IMDb yet, and I don't think I want to by the sound of it. Then again, might be fun
Anakin McFly
2008-05-04 21:25:04

ADMIN

We could try to take back the boards...

It used to be this great place to hang out. Most of the people here on the WINM forums are regulars at the IMDb boards. Then KeanuWeb shut down and there was a sudden influx of idiots who all know each other and appear to have some kinds of personal issues going on among themselves that have nothing to do with Keanu. Now that's all they talk about, and they report each other's posts when they disagree with them. So the boards are filled with deleted posts and it's hard to hold a proper discussion on anything. They're killing the fandom.

Ooh, flamethrower. Shiny. Was it Constantine's one?
EllieP2008-05-04 21:35:56

"Ooh, flamethrower. Shiny. Was it Constantine's one?"

Where do you think I got it from? *Smiles mysteriously and flicks tail playfully*

P.S. Dear Anni, please may I have a demon smilie with a whip? canIcanIcanI *makes doe eyes unconvincingly and pretends to (ok really does) beg*
ckage
2008-05-04 22:36:44

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6

(Anakin McFly @ May 4 2008, 09:25 PM)
Then KeanuWeb shut down and there was a sudden influx of idiots who all know each other and appear to have some kinds of personal issues going on among themselves that have nothing to do with Keanu. Now that's all they talk about, and they report each other's posts when they disagree with them. So the boards are filled with deleted posts and it's hard to hold a proper discussion on anything. They're killing the fandom.

The IMDB board turned in to some kind of JTJ copy-cat. And it will probably stay that way, at least until some administrator starts banning IPs or something.

In the mean time, all those "idiots with personal issues going on among themselves"? I'm pretty sure they are all the same person. Just ignore it, and don't feel sorry for the posts that get deleted, because you're not loosing anything.

LuxuriantN
2008-05-04 23:27:14

Forum Posts: 142
Comments: 1
I must admit, I am a bit naughty for fighting with people I consider stupid but I do think the best course of action now is to ignore them. Or maybe fight back by starting posts of our own about Keanu...maybe even topics we have discussed already.

If we agree a plan of action - ie report her/ignore her totally (and that includes when she is playing nice) - and we stick to it, she must surely get bored soon?

Dont let her ruin something that was fun for us.

Unless of course we post that until she starts to behave, we will only be posting on winm - and invite the regulars to sign up and start posting. At least here, if someone starts the same old rubbish, you can ban them by IP Anakin?

If we agree to do this - maybe we can all start posting below her with the link to this place and a little message inviting those over who want to simply enjoy being a fan of K?
keanugirl762008-05-05 14:32:45

Forum Posts: 268
I'd go with Luxie' s idea - ignoring them and posting here.

I'm sorry to say this, but lately the IMDB board sucks.

Last year I even "lost" a friend of mine, as she stopped posting because she had been heavily criticized by another user.
Anakin McFly
2008-05-05 20:58:10

ADMIN

Where do you think I got it from? *Smiles mysteriously and flicks tail playfully*

...I don't think John would be too happy when he finds out...

P.S. Dear Anni, please may I have a demon smilie with a whip? canIcanIcanI *makes doe eyes unconvincingly and pretends to (ok really does) beg*

Find one for me, then.

If we agree to do this - maybe we can all start posting below her with the link to this place and a little message inviting those over who want to simply enjoy being a fan of K?

No; I'll just PM the regulars. Don't want her attempting to make accounts on here; I can ban her, but it'll be too much trouble. Let's keep this location secret.
tiikay
2008-05-06 06:00:35

Forum Posts: 17
Yeah, I've been keeping my nose out of the IMDB forums lately (reading it was amusing, but it got old really fast)... there was so much junk involving the same specific people and I think the LAST thing we want is people like that blossombaby chick over here o-o
EverythingIsMagic
2008-05-06 09:36:54

Forum Posts: 328
Yeah, my goodness! What is going on at IMDB??

It's so contentious and you can totally see through all the "personalities", that it's all pretty much the same person. I put some on ignore, but then other posts were just deleted either by the poster or an adminstrator.

But like someone said, I'm probably not missing much. It's just a shame that a board for Keanu has been taken over by looney tunes with a lot of free time on their hands!

Thanks for this board though!
poopygill
2008-05-06 14:34:00

Forum Posts: 49

Find one for me, then.
I have one on my windows live msngr! (But how do u add it or how do i tell u so u add it?! Technology confuses me )

About the IMDB boards...it feels special to have a sacred place we can all come to that those 'others' aren't privy to!! <----- the face i imagine Anakin to be making!! (its the one im makin neway!)

Anakin McFly
2008-05-06 21:08:22

ADMIN

I have no idea how to add emoticons from Windows Live Messenger. You could see if it's on SmileyPlanet and give me the link...

the face i imagine Anakin to be making!!

I don't have shades.
stellala2008-05-08 04:55:28

Forum Posts: 5
I want to apologize for being a part of the goings on at imdb, but I just couldn't shut up when I saw that same person there. Sorry.

This is a really, really nice board, and I really look forward to keeping the craziness out of it.
LuxuriantN
2008-05-08 05:50:09

It's taken a different turn today. 'Psycho' has decided the best way to win is to delete every post of every person she has ever had a disagreement with.

Posts are disappearing within minutes. Hey, I guess if it matters to her that much, let her stay and stew in her own juices - it's not like she doesnt have enough aliases to keep her company is it?

This board is a great location for the kind of chats we used to enjoy over there.
poopygill
2008-05-08 17:52:20

Forum Posts: 49

I have no idea how to add emoticons from Windows Live Messenger. You could see if it's on SmileyPlanet and give me the link...
I tried...but then gave up! Im thinking I shudnt have made it my life's aim to find a devil smiley with a whip for Ellie when I have exams in 4 days

I don't have shades. 
I imagined u to whip out sum Matrix shades! I'll bring sum for u at the Keanu Bash

'Psycho' has decided the best way to win is to delete every post of every person she has ever had a disagreement with.
here's to hopin she gets bored of talking to herself (and her other selves...) and leaves to terrorise some other board...
LuxuriantN
2008-05-08 19:02:00

I have had pms from 3 people asking about the other board where we have fun discussions. I only gave them the link after I checked their posting history and saw they are genuine members.

I dont know if Anakin wants to be the one to invite or if we can invite our friends - all I would suggest is be vigilant who you give the url to.

I know its easier to ban IPs here but I dont think Anakin wants the aggro lol.
Lalo
2008-05-08 19:04:42

Forum Posts: 4
My god someone has to finally take action in imdb.

[hi i'm TheChamber from imdb]
And i thought the Gerard Butler and Vincent D'Onofrio fans were nutjobs [you should check Butler's imdb board, it has nothing to do with the actor anymore, nowadays it's full of random, OT threads]
LuxuriantN
2008-05-08 19:22:41

Welcome - glad the link worked ok.

[1] 2 3 4 5

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.