Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Reviews: 0
Thanks!
Mare2009-10-25 08:46

Forum Posts: 18
Comments: 1
Thanks. A while ago I tried to get all those oldies with Keanu, but none were available. Since Youtube came out I've seen a bunch of those. And now I get to see Permanent Record. I kind of feel a little sad though when I see early Keanu stuff. He is not the same anymore. Everyone seems to bash the early years, and be like oh, he grew up and now he is more mature, and a more sophisticated actor,etc. And I love early Keanu. I like his later stuff too, but I love his early stuff. That's the difference between 'love' and 'like' for me:) Anyway, I'm just starting to watch it. We'll see if I like it.
Mare2009-10-25 09:04

Ok, I am on 3rd part now - Keanu is playing the piano. I'm getting really hyper:)
Anakin McFly
2009-10-25 11:02

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Was it really him playing the piano? They never actually show him playing it; just the far off shot, and then the close up from behind so you just see his face and not the actual playing.
Mare2009-10-25 11:24

I don't think it was him. But it looked great anyway:) Having said that. This was the last part of the movie on the light note. The rest of it was pretty sad.

Overall I'd say the directing on the movie was just ok. The message of the movie is pretty sad. And unfortunately it is true. I had to do some stuff for a psychology class once. And there are tons and tons of pages on the web, where parents are telling about their kids commiting suicide, and all kinds of groups that try to prevent suicide.

As for Keanu's acting I thought it was good. The best part was when he almost killed David's little brother while driving drunk, and then broke down to tears while hugging David's dad. I thought he did great. There was real emotion there. It was believable and all.

So, thanks for putting up the link. My next mission is to watch the private lives of pippa lee. Don't know when I'm gonna get a chance to do that though. As I don't like watching Keanu movies in a rush. So probably next weekend at best:)

Anakin McFly
2009-10-25 11:25

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee has been taken off Youtube, but it's still up at various locations over here -> http://www.watch-movies-links.net
keanugirl762009-10-27 18:21

Forum Posts: 268
Comments: 0
Just seen PR too.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lady_majestik2010-01-27 05:10

Forum Posts: 31
Comments: 0
Anyone that can order from Amazon.ca. Go there, I didn't get a DVD version of this film but I got the VHS and luckily for me I still have a VHS/DVD player. This movie is unbelievable and I still think it's his break out acting film. Anyone that is a big fan of Keanu really needs to see this film, seriously.
inkhuldra
2010-07-24 02:24

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Here's a brief review of Permanent Record that I just stumbled upon:

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2010/07/23/celluloid-heroes-joe-strummer-meets-keanu-reeves-for-permanent-record/

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.