WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Parenthood

Parenthood
inkhuldra
2009-10-26 00:02

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Wow, I didn't know that there will be a TV show based on Parenthood (1989), but apparently the American NBC channel is working on it as we speak.

Again: Wow.

-----------------
from zimbio.com:

Lauren Graham To Replace Maura Tierney on 'Parenthood'
Written by Deena on Oct-13-09 1:53am

Lauren Graham is stepping in to replace Maura Tierney on the new NBC show Parenthood, but there's no bad blood between these actresses, or on the show, either. Maura was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and was forced to give up her role on the show because her treatments conflicted with the program's filming schedule.

The NBC program was slated to have its premiere this fall, but the casting change means it'll air sometime early next year. It's said to be an updated take on the 1989 comedy flick that featured Steve Martin and Keanu Reeves.

This will be Lauren's first major series since her days as Lorelai on Gilmore Girls ended in 2007. It doesn't sound like this new role will be hard to get used to, though, it has her playing another single mom to a teenage daughter.

http://www.zimbio.com/Lauren+Graham/articles/2E14H0Fa11m/Lauren+Graham+Replace+Maura+Tierney+Parenthood

Anakin McFly
2009-10-26 00:04

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I remember reading about there being an earlier TV spin off in the 1990s too, but it didn't last very long. :\\
The Household Cat
2011-09-05 21:42

Forum Posts: 39
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
I still don't like the idea of a series based on the film. I really enjoyed it, especially Keanu, Martha Plimpton and Joaquin Phoenix. They were great. It was a pretty unsual film because, at first glance, you could expect it to be more superficial, but I actually really enjoyed it. So doing a series kind of misses the point.
LucaM
2011-12-17 07:02

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
http://brightwalldarkroom.tumblr.com/post/13832510025/keanu-reeves-week-parenthood-1989

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.